FaKe JAVA update

Any new Computer, Web, Virus or Danger to our Friends or Site.

Moderators: Russtronic™, Way, Omen

Topic Author
izwotitiz
meh

FaKe JAVA update

Post#1 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:41 pm

This "Fake Java Update" is popping up Frequently on your website. Since I am only receiving this pop up when I visit your site I guess they are injecting it on one of your legitimate ads without your administrators knowledge.
Clicking on the "trailer search", "IMBD" link, the "TV show title" will pop up the Fake Java Update screen (every 2nd time or so).
Since I need to allow pop ups to use your site I would prefer not setting my blocker to maximum. The only way to get rid of it is to "end task" from Task manager.
I do NOT think it would be wise to Download......a Google search will give you the scoop.
Is it just me? With respect, I don't think so.
Help if you can.....Thanks

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Re: FaKe JAVA update

Post#2 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:35 pm

I use FF and allow No pop-ups from any site. I have no problems at all.

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#3 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:35 pm

I use FF and allow No pop-ups from any site. I have no problems at all.

Repdaddy
Sex Robot

Post#4 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:14 pm

If it can only be killed via task manager it is a pop-under. What blocker do you use? If you do not want to set it to a high level, then why not just single out and block the problem?
The internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

Return to “Security”