Phishing site

Any new Computer, Web, Virus or Danger to our Friends or Site.

Moderators: Russtronic™, Way, Omen

Topic Author
trulofy
Average User

Phishing site

Post#1 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:41 pm

just logged into ice today and within 10 seconds of doing so the entire page changed and said I had just visited a phishing site it was not a google warning so I believe your site may have been compromised just thought i'd give you guys a heads up.

TRUlofy

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Re: Phishing site

Post#2 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:49 pm

Thank you but redirect usually starts from the PC. So I would recommend a thorough Mal-Ware sweep. If you have more info on what you were viewing that may help also in-case there has been some compromise on our site. Though this is the first I have heard of this.

wethepeople
no0b

Post#3 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:39 pm

As soon as i go to the main site page i also get that phishing page and also this pagehttp://www.yespleasehd.com/41f87713 ... bid1=sb202

And before you say anything its not my computer thats doing it

Repdaddy
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#4 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:02 pm

With my anti-virus off and ad-block disabled (using firefox), I get this when clicking the link you provided:

The address wasn't understood

Firefox doesn't know how to open this address, because one of the following protocols (pagehttp) isn't associated with any program or is not allowed in this context.

You might need to install other software to open this address.

This leads me to believe the computer you are on is either infected with malware or has certain vulnerabilities that a rouge advertisement is detecting and launching itself on you.
Like Russ said, run a malware scan. Then try an ad-blocker.
The internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

wethepeople
no0b

Post#5 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:37 pm

Two malware scans and a rootkit scan and nothing i am using chrome with pop ups blocked. There is an advertisement on the main page that wants to upgrade that i would say is the culprit

Repdaddy
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#6 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:54 am

Repdaddy wrote: Then try an ad-blocker.

Without knowing very specifics of your rig, that is the best I can offer. I can not reproduce what you are experiencing and the forum is not overwhelmed with similar cases. Sometimes advertisers on our network slip in funny stuff that seems to affect very few while the vast majority are unaffected. Simply setting your browser to block pop-ups is not enough. "Try an ad-blocker" means install an ad-block extension.
The internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#7 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:29 am

And check for LSO's.

Return to “Security”