Adblock Plus Immunity

Any new Computer, Web, Virus or Danger to our Friends or Site.

Moderators: Russtronic™, Way, Omen

Topic Author
OGRastamon
code of Deez

Adblock Plus Immunity

Post#1 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:40 pm

Despite maintaining up to date filters, Adblock Plus has been pretty much useless for the last month. Whenever I click a link I get a second unwanted ad tab; ads that aren't merely annoying but ads that put my anti-virus to work removing threats. Does it get them all? I don't know but it's hard to feel secure about that when the malicious software comes from a source that figured out how to bypass the first stage of security.

I have seen these ads defended in this forum and I'm not buying it. Many websites rely on ad revenue without this problem. Your problem is solved by actually having some scruples about the ad service you choose.

MSilbys
Average User

Re: Adblock Plus Immunity

Post#2 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:03 pm

Im not defending the ads. but if the hoster ice has purchased has a deal with another company to put ads on any site then the site gets what is sent from the 3rd party. These guys/gals work hard to keep this up and free. If you were really that mad about the ads you would contribute alot of cash for them to get a hoster that does not do that or become their own entity. Until then, Enjoy the free services and complain to your mirror.
Death By Snu Snu

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#3 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:56 pm

Why do you come to our site? We have alot of enemy's for the reason you visit us. Subsequently there are more restrictions daily to try to sink us. We have little control over the Ad services that use our site for the same reason that you cannot donate thru Paypal any longer. Think about the time and effort that it takes to bring you this FREE service. Then think about the reason behind the Paypal embargo.

Topic Author
OGRastamon
code of Deez

Post#4 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:12 pm

Sorry. I thought this was the place to discuss issues with the site. But I'll just take your advice and enjoy my free services without further unwelcome input.

Return to “Security”