Avast warning

Any new Computer, Web, Virus or Danger to our Friends or Site.

Moderators: Russtronic™, Way, Omen

Topic Author
supernova
Heart on for IceFlims

Avast warning

Post#1 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:31 am

Avast warning on IceFilms.info :

http://imgur.com/QgLbndq

I've checked the site with several online scanners and everything is fine.

Edit :

New warning :

http://imgur.com/CQeDRp9

render
Average User

Re: Avast warning

Post#2 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:29 pm

Im having same problem Avast is saying there is a virus that it keeps blocking

Repdaddy
Sex Robot

Post#3 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:01 pm

I'm getting this also. I will notify admin.
The internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

MasterAce
meh

Post#4 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:08 pm

Me 2 im getting an Avast warning also every time i try to load icefilms.info.

http://i.imgur.com/4cqSaEg.png

Repdaddy
Sex Robot

Post#5 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:17 pm

I can not find this in noscript or adblock, so it is likely a false positive. Like I said, I passed it along. No further reports are necessary.
UPDATE

I just checked and Avast did a virus definition update on 12/1. This does not appear in noscript or adblock and shows in no other virus protection.

It is a false positive.

This is an Avast issue not an Icefilms issue.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

Repdaddy
Sex Robot

Post#6 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:30 pm

The avast popup can be avoided by changing this setting:

Select "tool icon>active protection>under web shield select customize>actions>under options, uncheck "show a notification window when action is taken"

Note: this will turn off all notifications and will remain in affect until you reset it. Avast will still do it's job, but you will have to check avast logs to see the actions taken.

AnnE
no0b

Post#7 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:20 pm

Avast is actually preventing Icefilms from even loading. So if I follow the directions to disable avast notifications, but avast is still doing its job, I still won't be able to access Icefilms, correct?

Repdaddy
Sex Robot

Post#8 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:31 pm

AnnE wrote:Avast is actually preventing Icefilms from even loading. So if I follow the directions to disable avast notifications, but avast is still doing its job, I still won't be able to access Icefilms, correct?

That would be correct.

Avast was blocking the site for me also. It was unblocked after updating Avast.

Make sure you are up to date and try again.

un4gettable47
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#9 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:18 pm

The only thing that worked for me was goto avast/settings/exclusions/urls... then add: http://www.icefilms.info to the exclusions + click ok. That is how you may gain access back to icefilms. But whatever is alarming avast, I don't know if it's safe to do the above or not, as you have no protection from avast on icefilms as per the exclusion: It may be a false positive; but maybe not, maybe it's harmful. But hopefully it's all good, so long as I have the aggressive ads blocked...

I have the adds under control using the below:

Download scriptsafe for Chrome: goto scriptsafe options and set default mode to 'Allow' (make sure to save, read other options too, I can't remember if I changed something else or not). look at all the scripts loading on icefilms and choose 'deny' to stop individual scripts from loading (experiment to find the buggy ones). Any site that is having issues loading things because of things you disabled on icefilms ect, simply select allow and trust for whole domain (you may also have to hand pick out and allow back some things that you may be blocking by accident due to another site ect... ie. certain features on youtube not working ect, you may have blocked something important, just 'allow' it back). Make sure not to distrust because that could end up blocking a whole domain like google or something I suppose (but again, no problem, just 'allow' and or 'trust' it back), just experiment.

Icefilms users must have proper knowledge to use the site nowadays, vlc sucks for me so I have to manually open the download link in Daum Potplayer to watch, that is if the flash player is unavailable, use to be able to use Divx. It is even possible to open hugefiles link address in daum when it automatically starts downloading the file, by copying the link on the active downloads page in chrome, cancelling and opening link in daum (to do this with anyhost that gets to the icescript page, right click the download button and copy link address; open URL in daum, their buffer allows you to pause and still download the video unlike vlc). Also the ads just got real intrusive, solved by scriptsafe as stated above. But I really wouldn't recommend the site to anyone that can't get with it nowadays. Hopefully the above is correct info, in a rush. You still need to use Adblock Plus (or another adbocker) though.

I really should make a new/simple tutorial, maybe I will soon enough.

Anyways, if I remove icefilms from the url exclusion list; I cannot use the site atm due to avast not letting me (even after updating avast).
Last edited by un4gettable47 on Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Repdaddy
Sex Robot

Post#10 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:53 pm

I see the updated Avast has a bunch of new options for settings. I will look in to it further when I have time. I will also contact support.

AnnE
no0b

Post#11 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:14 pm

Thank you Repdaddy and un4gettable47 for your help and suggestions. Neither have worked for me. I will keep an eye on this forum for any new information.

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#12 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:20 pm

I have been keeping quiet but have you ever thought of trying another service with fewer glitches? I haven't had a glitches with mine for over 8yrs.

Repdaddy
Sex Robot

Post#13 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:41 pm

This is the only time I have had an issue with Avast(5 years). I've used avira and avg in the past and had more issues with them. I hardly consider one bug in that time(that errs on the safe side) a reason to switch.

un4gettable47
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#14 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:52 pm

AnnE wrote:Thank you Repdaddy and un4gettable47 for your help and suggestions. Neither have worked for me. I will keep an eye on this forum for any new information.

Actually, I just tried disabling my adblock + scriptsafe combo; and avast alerts the site even though I have http://www.icefilms.info on the url exclusions list (due to the ads). I can access the site, but avast alert city (intrusive ad/pop up city). You will have to take the time and follow all of the above instructions to get things in order, url exclusion + adblock plus + scriptsafe... All three (adblock is not sufficient anymore). I would say to try and allow some non-intrusive ads through to support ICE, but adblock plus + scriptsafe = a nuke, so......

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#15 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:33 pm

Repdaddy wrote:I am guessing you use Avast. They are notorious for kicking out false positives.
I downloaded several sources and clicked everything I could on Billionuploads on a totally unsecured old rig and came up with no infection. The only thing I got were persistent cookies.

Three things you can do to put your mind at ease over this:
1)contact billionupload webmaster about the warnings you are recieving
2)go to your AV's forum. If you use Avast, expect most forum responses will insist Avast is superior to everything and must be right. Those folks are just plain cult-like. Use your better judgement on whether they are trying to help you or simply defend a product name.(I will never use the product simply because of this)
3)run a malware program in safe mode to be sure/safe.

Return to “Security”