Avast warning

Any new Computer, Web, Virus or Danger to our Friends or Site.

Moderators: Russtronic™, Way, Omen

un4gettable47
Heart on for IceFlims

Re: Avast warning

Post#16 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:56 pm

my bad............ clicked the reply button to edit twice, nearly thrice
Last edited by un4gettable47 on Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

un4gettable47
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#17 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:57 pm

my bad.............lel
Last edited by un4gettable47 on Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

un4gettable47
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#18 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:00 pm

Russtronic™ wrote:
Repdaddy wrote:I am guessing you use Avast. They are notorious for kicking out false positives.
I downloaded several sources and clicked everything I could on Billionuploads on a totally unsecured old rig and came up with no infection. The only thing I got were persistent cookies.

Three things you can do to put your mind at ease over this:
1)contact billionupload webmaster about the warnings you are recieving
2)go to your AV's forum. If you use Avast, expect most forum responses will insist Avast is superior to everything and must be right. Those folks are just plain cult-like. Use your better judgement on whether they are trying to help you or simply defend a product name.(I will never use the product simply because of this)
3)run a malware program in safe mode to be sure/safe.

Russ you are one of the people that run the site correct? A big thanks to you guys btw; I just wish the site was for the 'past' and present like back in the day with megaupload, rather than pretty much solely current/recent episodes. I also wish that you would add a button for a useful live media-player such as Daum Potplayer (vlc is trash). Not to complain, but yeah, most people won't be able to figure it out if they aren't given a clue (and it's a tiny bit annoying to manually open link). It's a really tough situation I would think, regarding the ads. But as soon as I start getting pop ups at random and or when I click on blank space ect; all ads get nuked. We are savage pirates who take, but do not give XD

But really, it would be nice if the site only had banner ads ect, not malicious malware pop up ads (we would have to be alerted on mainsite/ forums telling that the ads are reasonable, thus to disable adblock ect for icefilms to see) :(

Avast is very safe, protective, but vurry safe.

AnnE
no0b

Post#19 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:24 pm

Well, I have gotten a little further, and I hope, solved the issue.

I went to settings in Avast, the Active Protection, then under Web Shield, I clicked Customize. Then added Icefilms under exclusions.

Icefilms is now loading (so far) all the way, and I am still getting the Avast warnings, which means it is still working for viruses (I hope).

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#20 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:33 pm

I am sorry Un4 there are so many things changing every second that just keeping the boat afloat is all the Ice Gods can do. I am only a tiny cog in a wonderful giant machine that is Ice. But you having written the suggestions down has brought your suggestions maybe a little closer to fruition, as the Ice Gods are omnipotent and see pretty much everything.

un4gettable47
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#21 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:53 pm

Yeah it's tough, but I for one appreciate the work you guys do free of charge (and many others I am sure). I would love to support the site by allowing ads through, but not going to infect my computer with malware to do so unfortunately.

And my wish for ice to be like it was back in the good old days, that is not realistic atm obviously. Too much has happened for the way this site is run (quality over quantity) to have an ever lively old episodes library ect.. Current is just fine and appreciated.

But a daum potplayer button for example; and maybe cleaner ads would be gud. Daum due to that divx player is gone on chrome (even in the last days of divx + chrome, the divx web-player didn't function alot of the time; so Daum was useful). Now, the flash players is not always available, and sometimes it is available but will not playback the video alike the divx player use to do. And vlc is vlc... Daum works great most always. But no worries. ICE lives on.

Repdaddy
Sex Robot

Post#22 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:09 am

You are pulling a quote from(obviously) before I switched to Avast. In this cyber world re-considerations happen. I gave Avast a shot and am more satisfied with it than past protection. Do you think I switched without any consideration? I was fed up with other products and revisited the notion of using Avast.

Just because back then I read that Avast was notorious for warnings does not lock me in to never using the product. I'm allowed to change my mind, Russ.
The internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

Topic Author
supernova
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#23 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:27 am

It looks like it is not a false positive.
Reply #11 by HonzaZ (Avast team Sr. Member) :

https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=179881.0

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#24 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:34 am

Well that was an Interesting WASTE of time. They said that they block any site with Scorepress in its ad's because of questionable moral (Banned ads) and coding (As we have said we need to have the address of the offenders so we can block or pull them out. What Avast said is if a country has questionable integrity we will block entrance. Read the exact wording before you come back with comments as I am about tired of this thread.
And Rep I posted that as a joke I realize the sitch I was pointing #2 in your argument. You were psychic!

jimmt
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#25 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:51 pm

Is there any chance of getting urals to the TV or movies without going to the main page??
I happened to have this FORM one and works with no problem from Avast??
Just kicks me out in the Main.
Thanks

jimmt
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#26 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:37 pm

It's OK I might have figured it out in the short term
http://www.icefilms.info/tv/a-z/1
Seems to let me in and download..hope it keeps working

Abe
AbeZ Apostle

Post#27 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:21 pm

you could also try the search page
http://www.icefilms.info/search.php?q=star%20wars
"Lets burn this mother down!"

* ALL SUPPORT REQUESTS VIA PM WILL BE IGNORED. INSTEAD, SEARCH THE FORUM, POST, OR START A NEW TOPIC.

macxtc
Out of work journalist

Post#28 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:13 pm

Avast and AVG are both nothing but false senses of security... both used to have worth when they first entered the market... but now they sell a very basic virus detector that is loaded with advertising for the user to upgrade to another premium service...

I have personal experience with both products... had a lot of bad things slip trough and a lot of false-positive hits...

Had to call customer service with Avast; and all I got was a pressured sales conversation to upgrade to a 2 year service that would allow them to tap into my PC (NO FUCKING THANKS)...

the constant pop-ups to upgrade and the mediocre virus engine is enragingly annoying...

goto Malwarebytes (paid addition) instead...

there ya go...

jimmt
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#29 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:29 pm

Any reason AVAST would be posting and not letting me in to download a Hugefiles show ?
Never bothered me before. just now on Sat.
Thanks

macxtc
Out of work journalist

Post#30 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:15 am

jimmt wrote:Any reason AVAST would be posting and not letting me in to download a Hugefiles show ?
Never bothered me before. just now on Sat.
Thanks

GET AWAY FROM AVAST...
USE MALWAREBYTES (PAID EDITION) INSTEAD.
along with Windows-Defender...

Also: I don't like the Hugefiles links...
(It has too may pop-up's and redirects...)
I use the "clickenupload" links

Return to “Security”