Ads may be a necessary evil, however

Any new Computer, Web, Virus or Danger to our Friends or Site.

Moderators: Russtronic™, Way, Omen

Z is for Zoom
code of Deez

Re: Ads may be a necessary evil, however

Post#16 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:28 pm

I don't use IQS, I'm a DL'er not a streamer. And I don't have any user scripts under addons.

Why use ad systems that are this much trouble for your users?

Even p o r n sites have less hoops to jump through...
Z is for ZOOM and off you go!

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#17 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:26 am

Then all I can suggest is an LOS (Super Cookie)

etimmy
Average User

Post#18 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:23 pm

Z is for Zoom wrote:I'm on FF and I don't use Adblock - it's not on my system, and thus don't have any anti-adblock script (that I am aware of) to turn off or on.

I get that pop-under redirect on the main page, and then again about every 3rd page I navigate to on icefilms.

So your fix doesn't seem to apply to me.

Just in case,
If you've EVER had adblock installed on your FFox ( or synched info with FFoxes that have) there's likely still those cookies/scripts that Russtronic ("...something to the effect of Anti-Ad-block Prevention...") is talking about.

steveman1000
no0b

Post#19 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:34 pm

where is this shit coming from in the first place. Is this not your fucking website.
putting up a stupid workaround does not solve the original issue.
sorry but this was a great site. gone to shit .
bye!!!

dogwalkman
Average User

Post#20 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:22 pm

I am planning to install Linux Mint as an alternate OS on my Windows 7 PC. Wondering if this will stop all the nonsense going on.

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#21 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:01 pm

Since I have taken the steps listed I have seen no Ad's other than the benign.

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#22 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:11 pm

Since I have taken the steps listed I have seen no Ad's other than the benign.

This is how to fix the problem. Now I have NO intrusive Ad's (And the only one that moves, jiggles in all the right places!) No window Re-direct. Just smooth Browsing. On FF - Get rid of the Anti-Adblock Script - Restart FF - Turn Adblock Off on Ice - Clear Cookies (All of Them! Including LSO's) - Re-Start FF. Then problem solved forever. (Or at least until some other Asshat comes up with a brilliant way to flush!) The Bad Ad's were a defense directed at the Anti-Adblock Extension. If you have that (EVEN if you turn off/uninstall Adblock) you will still get the Bad Ad's.

The Bad Ad's are not just on Ice. They were also on some of the hosts (Some of those are actual Mal-attacks) ((Icefilms, HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HOSTS!!!!))

Mozilla has probably cured the problem of the most Annoying Ad's anyway, as it has killed the Flash Player on FF.

If these steps do not solve your problem then we have something else that needs to be addressed.

etimmy
Average User

Post#23 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:17 am

dogwalkman wrote:I am planning to install Linux Mint as an alternate OS on my Windows 7 PC. Wondering if this will stop all the nonsense going on.

No. The same ad bullshit will still happen. And if you click something dumb, you can still get your browser screwed with, but the actual Linux OS will be immune.

Mister Mxyzptlk
Average User

Post#24 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:51 pm

Russtronic™ wrote:Since I have taken the steps listed I have seen no Ad's other than the benign.

This is how to fix the problem. Now I have NO intrusive Ad's (And the only one that moves, jiggles in all the right places!) No window Re-direct. Just smooth Browsing. On FF - Get rid of the Anti-Adblock Script - Restart FF - Turn Adblock Off on Ice - Clear Cookies (All of Them! Including LSO's) - Re-Start FF. Then problem solved forever. (Or at least until some other Asshat comes up with a brilliant way to flush!) The Bad Ad's were a defense directed at the Anti-Adblock Extension. If you have that (EVEN if you turn off/uninstall Adblock) you will still get the Bad Ad's.

The Bad Ad's are not just on Ice. They were also on some of the hosts (Some of those are actual Mal-attacks) ((Icefilms, HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HOSTS!!!!))

Mozilla has probably cured the problem of the most Annoying Ad's anyway, as it has killed the Flash Player on FF.

If these steps do not solve your problem then we have something else that needs to be addressed.

Doesn't really solve the problem for other browsers, though.

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#25 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:52 pm

What other browsers?

mrbarth
no0b

Post#26 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:32 pm

I'm with ya. Just took adblock off for one day here today and one of boobies links gave me nasty shit. So bad I had to pull my laptops battery just to exit it. Nope never again. Got four other sites in my bookmarks and have none of theese issues with them. When i use you site in the future, and I recommend to all adblock + no script + U block. Yes I see steps on how to safely use your site and it's not our fault B.S. , it's a dangerous site, and will fuck with your computer. So I did what I do with any site that tries giving me maleware reported it as an attack site. You may not agree but when I used your site, It attacked my computer.....it's the definition of the sites we are supposed to report! Sad part is, I know a bit about computers but so many people don't and your praying on them. Just do a quick search folks, ice has hundreds of competition and I'm saying they are all safer than todays Ice is. I would list a few but for some reason the site that complains about copyright trolls don't let you post links to other good sites? I'm mean you want the laws to change so we all can share in the enjoyment of shows and movies, but only for you! Wouldn't getting the word out and sharing sites be better for us all? Sounds like your afraid of a little competition. Just my opinion but seems your atleast a little better than the copyrighter's. Thanks for the great site years ago I did really enjoy it. You do have the best layout there is and I will still use it daily, well just the front page to see what's new daily then off to a different site to watch and deal with normal pop ups that wont wreck my computer. Oh and adblock free on thoose site too so I can help support them. I have no problem with adds and pop-ups as I do agree they are needed, but just your site now takes it to the extreme.

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#27 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:28 pm

I am pretty sure the anti adblock on here is gone. So I have no Idea what you are talking about.

Return to “Security”