Ads may be a necessary evil, however

Any new Computer, Web, Virus or Danger to our Friends or Site.

Moderators: Russtronic™, Way, Omen

Topic Author
Sebine
no0b

Ads may be a necessary evil, however

Post#1 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:32 am

this fucking shit will stop or I will re-enable my fucking adblocker.

Every fucking time I go to icefilms.info

There's an "ad" over the ENTIRE FUCKING WEBPAGE

that gives me the "click link" mouse pointer

and what does this "ad" do?

IT REDIRECTS ME TO SOME FUCKING MALWARE

if this BULLSHIT isn't removed within the next week

I will re-blacklist icefilms

Ads may be a 'necessary' evil

Malware can fuck off

As can people who support malware "ads" like imgur

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Re: Ads may be a necessary evil, however

Post#2 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:49 am

I will look into it.

munizjm
meh

Post#3 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:17 am

I agree with Sabine. icefilms has become a pain to manuever through. There is a sequence that if you're not quick enough they opoup page loads before the icefilms page and the load bullshit message about your computer being hacked and you need to click to get this fixed starts up. So you have to be quick before this happens, then when you click on a link to a movie or episode the same happens. This is out of control and if Icefilms allows it's advertisers to continually try to force malware, trojans or any other bullshit, I will find somewhere else to get my movies. It's a shame but it's Icefilms that has allowed it to get this bad, not the users using adblockers!

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#4 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:33 am

I turned off my Ad-block and Cleared all Cookies and LSO's (Super Cookie's) And that didn't take care of it. I found a script (A java script for supposedly taking care of anti-Ad-block page defenses) that had been added to FF from one of the Ad-block lists. I uninstalled that and then X'ed out of FF (After killing all Cookies again) and It worked Fine. But now there is a different problem with Ad-block as I had to Kill the Script . I haven't got that figured out yet as I haven't been doing so Hot physically. Will try some more right now. The script is some kind of thing that stays in the background even if Ad-block turned off completely but it does nothing on the page except write a cookie that tells the page that Ad-block is present, causing an anti-Ad-block event. I have to uninstall Ad-block and reinstall with each new list until I find where that script came from as it is some kind of (Evil Brain Twisting) Anti-anti-Ad-block script. bblbbblbbblbbblbb (<-----rubbing index finger up and down on lips while humming)

etimmy
Average User

Post#5 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:12 am

Same here. This whole ad/popup bullshit is killing Icefilms. I already have stopped thinking of it as my #1 go-to site and am using other sites more and more.
If something doesn't get better soon, I'll stop visiting altogether. Don't your advertisers realize--or care-- what damage they're doing to your site?

Lone Browncoat
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#6 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:10 am

I understand your frustration, but it can be tempered by not only using an adblock, but add NoScript to your browser as well....Then all I get is the engagement of a rogue tab with the NoScript red slash and highlighted URL, which is easy to close at the tab.
Oh, Russ, The extension called "Cookie Controller" for FF {not sure if it is available for other Open Source browsers} is terrific for tailoring what cookies get accepted, for Ice, I have it set ".....only as 1st party" third down from the default setting. You can also set it as 'session only' if so desired. I find ALL of the above terrific no matter what site I visit with a standard FF install, though still working on the customization of the Tor browser, whose look I just got to match my standard FF, using the Classic Theme Restorer extension.

Thank You to Russtronic™ for my sig!

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#7 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:15 am

This is how to fix the problem. Now I have NO intrusive Ad's (And the only one that moves, jiggles in all the right places!) No window Re-direct. Just smooth Browsing. On FF - Get rid of the Anti-Adblock Script - Restart FF - Turn Adblock Off on Ice - Clear Cookies (All of Them! Including LSO's) - Re-Start FF. Then problem solved forever. (Or at least until some other Asshat comes up with a brilliant way to flush!) The Bad Ad's were a defense directed at the Anti-Adblock Extension. If you have that (EVEN if you turn off/uninstall Adblock) you will still get the Bad Ad's.

The Bad Ad's are not just on Ice. They were also on some of the hosts (Some of those are actual Mal-attacks) ((Icefilms, HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HOSTS!!!!))

Mozilla has probably cured the problem of the most Annoying Ad's anyway, as it has killed the Flash Player on FF.

jimmt
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#8 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:50 pm

Knew You would figure it out..just a little time..well done

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#9 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:20 pm

Thank You. Glad to be of service.

Melting Point
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#10 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:50 pm

Russtronic™ wrote:On FF - Get rid of the Anti-Adblock Script

Russ, I'm pretty sure that I understand your instructions, except for the above line (maybe because I don't have an "Anti-Adblock Script"?). Could you explain this a bit more explicitly?

Merci d'avance!

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#11 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:20 pm

It is one of the scripts that goes along with one of the Ad-block lists. It was still active even after Ad-block was turned off. This is a Battle of Advertisers and Anti Advertisers. I am stating to wonder if Google plays a part in. Google has blocked Flash on Chrome, and Flash ad's are starting to diminish. They are the biggest reason for Ad-block.

Z is for Zoom
code of Deez

Post#12 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:16 pm

I'm on FF and I don't use Adblock - it's not on my system, and thus don't have any anti-adblock script (that I am aware of) to turn off or on.

I get that pop-under redirect on the main page, and then again about every 3rd page I navigate to on icefilms.

So your fix doesn't seem to apply to me.
Z is for ZOOM and off you go!

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#13 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:48 pm

There is a script that was causing it, I dint give permission for it to be added. Also there was an LOS associated to I think. I use Betterprivacy to nuke those. The script had something to the effect of Anti-Ad-block Prevention,I believe and I didn't have Ad-block installed at the time either.

zoltan47
no0b

Post#14 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:50 pm

I discovered that the javascript is what's causing the problem. Turned off javascript but that's a nogo. Icefilms uses javascript to follow the link to it's location. Can anyone think of a way to get the link to work without the javascript.

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#15 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:09 pm

On FF you goto Tools - Add-ons - User Scripts. There you will see Grease Monkey and our IQS.... Any others are probably the problem. You need the JS to run for our IQS.

Return to “Security”