Dear John...

Any new Computer, Web, Virus or Danger to our Friends or Site.

Moderators: Russtronic™, Way, Omen

Topic Author
cybersally
meh

Dear John...

Post#1 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:41 pm

I've been with you for years, and I really really loved you. But in the last year or so, the ads, popups, malware etc have gotten so thick that I'm sorry, you just aren't worth it anymore. This issue persists regardless of adblock being deployed or shut off for ice. This makes me incredibly sad, I like your design and execution a lot, I like the choice of quality, the many features I've loved and relied on, but now you are just a huge giant pain in my ass, and I've found other sites that don't have all of this aggressive crap going on, many of whom post links before you do. Sure, they aren't as pretty as you, and they don't have your many features, but they also don't infect my machine or piss me off every single time I use them the way you do. Your high maintenance crap ruined our relationship, I'm tired of the excuses I see admins make here, tired of me having to do a bunch of legwork and research just to be with you, instead of getting better it's only getting worse all the time... it's more than obvious to me that you don't give a crap how you make me feel otherwise you wouldn't put me through all of this ... this... arhhhggghhh! YOU ARE SO FRUSTRATING.

And so, regardless of the years we had it going on, and shared such love of tv and movies, I'm breaking up with you. Forever. I'll miss you, but just like ninja you will fade from my memory, and in time maybe I won't be so mad at you, but I've been more than patient, seriously, more patient with you than with any other website I've ever used IN MY LIFE and today I just broke. I can't handle it anymore. You just aren't worth it. We are done, splitsville, over, kaput, finito, and I'm never never coming back.

I hope you can get your head straight someday. I hope you find the help you so dearly need. I should have my head examined for how long I stayed in this dysfunctional relationship of ours, but at least today I am taking action, drawing boundaries, I am moving on, and I hope for your sake that you figure your shit out, because daaaaaaammmmnnnn.... you are fucked up right now. You are as dead to me now as ninja is, only you're still here, it's like you are a walking corpse, a reminder of what was, and how good it was when you weren't a sick and dying website, chocking on it's own advertising, hurting the ones who love you. Goodnight sweetheart, good luck. (F)

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Re: Dear John...

Post#2 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:08 am

If you had read I posted the fix last week...
viewtopic.php?p=263801#p263801

Topic Author
cybersally
meh

Post#3 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:29 am

You see, it's not me who needs to fix anything... it's you. Your website is a tire fire, and that's not my problem anymore because I broke up with you and we're finished now. Don't come to me with excuses such as "I posted the fix last week." There are other websites that don't make me jump through endless hoops, don't ask me to fix things that aren't my problem, who have their shit together. I've fixed things because of your bullshit many times over the last year mostly out of loyalty and respect, and how did you repay me? With overlays and sneaky popups, and malware. Your fixes no longer interest me. Your website is a bad memory for me. You're too aggressive in your battle over ads, you punish people who have turned off adblocker with malware and you are consistently fucking up my vibe. It's not my responsibility to 'fix' anything anymore!
You know where you can stick you fixes? I think you know where that location would be. You have jerked me around for the last time. Don't pretend to be surprised, YOU HAD TO KNOW eventually I would grow weary of this crap. Get your shit together, stop relying on others to put up with this incompetence, you aren't the only game in town. You've had plenty of time to stop this nonsense and instead it's only been worse... you are no longer a benefice, you are a liability to everyone who uses your site not to mention a pain to deal with.

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#4 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:39 am

I could say the same thing. In the last year 90% of the best hosts Quit because of Ad-block. And maybe us also.

Topic Author
cybersally
meh

Post#5 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:58 am

I turned off my adblocker for you a long time ago. I still got fucked over and over again. On all other websites, I permit whitelisted ads, non-intrusive ads are ok with me, but for you I gave my trust and totally turned it off on your site. This war you guys are waging... I'm sorry, but you can't win it by punishing me after I turned it off for you only to get malware on my system regardless. That's the opposite of what you want to do, how can you not know that? Me being good and doing the right thing by you has had negative consequences FOR ME. That's on you. I did my part, did what was asked of me to be supportive, but obs that wasn't good enough for you. I got hit in the crossfire of your stupid unwinnable battle. I don't feel sorry for you anymore.
There are plenty of ways you could deal with this, but you have chosen the most aggressive, back stabbing methods you could possibly employ, and your loyal fans have paid the price over and over again. You are cutting your own throats at this point. I CARED ABOUT YOUR WELL BEING, and how did you repay that? By making your site impossible to use, that's how. By infecting my machine numerous times. I tried to be understanding... but if this is what you have to do to get by, maybe you should quit. if you can't think of any other way to survive, besides fucking up the people who love you, then yeah, ok, bye Felicia. It is apparent you don't care if you lose people like me.
I'm in a new relationship with a few other websites right now, and it is such a relief. They don't cause any harm to my computer at all. They post links quickly, and numerously. They don't piss me off. They do the job they've set out to do without strangling everyone who goes near them, and I have a feeling they will outlive you. I find it interesting that they can survive without going into all out warfare mode, but not you.

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#6 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:49 am

Topic Author
cybersally
meh

Post#7 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:26 pm

I have received a lot of requests via private messaging about this, and folks want to know where to go.
If you are as tired as I am of icefilms' crap and the never ending malware, popups, invasive ads, having to fix things that they screwed up to begin with, aggressive anti-adblock campaign that infects your computer and makes your life hell and has been ongoing for far too long now, here are some great alternatives to using ice:

http://
Other Site Advertising Is Not Allowed!
I was the one that spent most of a day reproducing and finding a solution to this problem, I have posted the solution.. With Due Diligence on your part, then problem solved. As I am Admin also take this as a warning. My patience is wearing thin...

Quite often I have found that the above resources have uploaded usable links before ice, you can use your adblocker without consequence, and over all everything just works better.

You might be wondering why I would do this... well, I'm just tired of the excuses I get here, tired of the 'fixes', tired of this website harming my computer even when I HAVE MY ADBLOCKER OFF FOR THEM. Why does icefilms insist on all the aggression? I can only imagine that greed is the primary focus. For years people have been sharing media, FOR FREE, because information wants to be free. But not icefilms. It's understandable that they need to pay for server use, but they could use ad policies that are whitelisted on adblock plus, they could use non-invasive, non-harmful ads, but don't want to. Be real, they've had years to adapt, they refuse to. They would rather go to war, they bend YOU to their will instead, mercilessly infecting your computer with malware, popups, redirects, overlays and so on and so forth, and instead of changing with the times and making their ads such that adblock users wouldn't blacklist them, they fight to hang onto what THEY want, which is to HURT YOU FOR YOUR LOYALTY. Either that, or they're too incompetent to execute their war without harming their loyal fans. I know, I was like you, loyal for years to this site, I never complained once, but now I'm on fire, I'm done, I'm pissed off and you should be too. DON'T PUT UP WITH IT ANYMORE. SHOW THEM that you are unwilling to be caught in the crossfire of their unrelenting war, that you are done being collateral damage, that this war is misguided and foolish. All you have to do is click somewhere else, and leave the infectious corpse of icefilms far far behind you.

Topic Author
cybersally
meh

Post#8 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:56 am

"Other Site Advertising Is Not Allowed!"
oh noes!!! How predictable...

"I was the one that spent most of a day reproducing and finding a solution to this problem,"
Oh... you mean the PROBLEM THAT SHOULD'VE NEVER HAPPENED IN THE FIRST PLACE?

" I have posted the solution.. With Due Diligence on your part, then problem solved. "
Due diligence on your part would've meant I DON'T HAVE TO SOLVE YOUR PROBLEMS FOR YOU. I do not owe you anything, I do not need to do 'due diligence' on my part, don't put the onus on your users, that's SLOPPY.

"As I am Admin also take this as a warning. My patience is wearing thin... "
I'm glad to stimulate in you a fraction of the impatience you have driven into me. Think I'm alone? I'll bet traffic to your site has dramatically dropped in the last year. Hm, I wonder, why could that be? MAYBE it's because.... THEY LOST PATIENCE WITH YOU.

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#9 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:58 pm

If you look at the chatter on this forum, the problem is isolated. And by the way @ 1:50pm there are 82,660 users.

Return to “Security”