Slow Downloads

Please Put your ISP on here also, as Countries Laws are affecting Hosts Also.
Anything to do with Host's, such as Slow Downloads or Drop Outs...

Moderators: Russtronic™, Way, Omen, Abe

Forum rules
Please Put your ISP on here also, as Countries Laws are affecting Hosts Also.
Anything to do with Host's, such as Slow Downloads or Drop Outs...

Topic Author
Voltic
no0b

Slow Downloads

Post#1 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:01 pm

Recently I have been having issues with downloading files from 180upload and Movreel. Prior to last week they took around 5-10mins for a HD file.

Each dl now bounces around between 5-16h. Half of these end up with a network error.

Is this happening to anyone else?

Voltic

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Re: Slow Downloads

Post#2 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:47 pm

Clear your cache and cookies. I will make another Topic in the help for this type of thing I think...

Topic Author
Voltic
no0b

Post#3 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:03 pm

Thanks for the response.

I have tried clearing Cache and Cookies. Unfortunately this did not resolve the issue.

Update:

Tried same computer on another Network - Same Issue

Tried different browser - Same Issue

Tried different computer on both networks - Same Issue

I may be wrong but could it be a problem/significant increase in use of the hosts servers slowing things down?

I might just give it a couple of days

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#4 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:23 pm

Sometimes that is the case. Depending on the time and popularity...

Repdaddy
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#5 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:37 pm

Please post a few examples(Icefilms page url and source#).
The internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

Topic Author
Voltic
no0b

Post#6 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:00 am

The host problems seem to be solved. I'm pretty sure that it was a combination of throttling from host + my isps as well as using the hosts during high traffic.

It seemed to be happening on every link on Ice at the time.

"All systems are go"

Thanks for the help guys

Qweendark
Average User

Post#7 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:24 am

I've tried talking to my isp and they've assured me that they don't throttle speeds. I believe them in part because of who I talked to and in part because Ice seems to be the only site I am experiencing the problem with. Which would be fine if Ice wasn't the best source for the shows I watch, but it is.

Was there anything you did to your settings that helped? I'm curious because this problem doesn't seem isolated to a particular show, or even a show in high demand, or a particular time of day. This has happened with older episodes of shows that are in syndication as well as new episodes. It is also happening on two different computers and two different networks.

I noticed that the lag started spiking around the time Billion got shut down; I wonder, could this be an issue with the amount of sites/links available?

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#8 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:39 pm

We need more info, like an your country and the host.

Way
RedTek

Post#9 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:08 am

Real simple the speed has nothing to do with Ice. Ice only finds/posts links and of course the ICE Quick Stream (IQS) helper script, so once you choose the link you want it is handed off to the Host of your choice. Then it is the host that controls the speed. You could try paying for premium from the host of your choice. They the host offer faster speeds and other perks for premium users.

It can't be only links from Ice any of the links found on Ice are also posted on other sites so the same link from one of the other sites could be the same,and would give the same issue for you. It is most likely the host server location from you, server load at that time,or your rig, or D all of the above. Not much you can do about this other than paying for premium/cleaning your rig hoping that another link is located on another server.

Now if your downloading I would recommend a download accelerator like JDownloader/Orbit/Internet Download Manager/Down them all, ect you can do some reading a make your own choice.

As far as cleaning your Rig you could use something like Ccleaner/again you can do some reading a make your own choice.

Qweendark
Average User

Post#10 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:16 am

I agree completely that the speed of the transfer is all about the host, that's why I'm wondering if the number of hosts available has something to do with the slower speeds, plugin failure, and/or buffer freezing. Especially since it is only happening with the three viable hosts I use with Ice, 180Upload, MovReel, and VidPlay (Hugefiles just refuses to work for me). With as much traffic to as few hosts as Ice must have it would make sense that the sheer volume of data transfer could slow or overload those servers.

I don't know how hosting agreements work, but is Ice still working on linking to other hosts? I've had reliable success with Novamov, Nowvideo, Promptfile, Nosvideo, Noslocker, Realvid, TheVideo... I could continue, there are several others, but I'm sure Ice is aware of most, if not all, of them.

I like Ccleaner too. I have it installed and use it daily (have for years).

Repdaddy
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#11 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:48 am

You said you have this problem with older sources as well as new. So you can rule out server load. The fact there are minimal complaints definately rules out hosts themselves. Like you mentioned, we get a lot of traffic. If it was a global issue with a host, well; you could imagine the feedback.
Throttling by your ISP seems highly unlikely for many reasons.
You said you tried two computers on two networks. How varied are the set-ups on those devices? You never mentioned if this is a download or streaming issue. You mentioned buffering, so I am assuming it is a streaming only issue?
The internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

Stan
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#12 » Sun May 17, 2015 11:44 pm

i have been having similar issues but i have remained quite until this past week.

I have been getting 0-100 kb/s streaming speeds on all host with the exception of ClickinUpload since this started to happen. It does not seem to matter what time of day( yes, i have tried various times of day with all the hosts). Does not mater which browser either( Firefox, Chrome). I have the latest versions of everything needed. Tried clearing my cache.

I don't know what else to do.

Frankiestine
Average User

Post#13 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:11 am

Thanks goodness and I thought i was the only one having this problem. I used to be able to download off movreel and hugefiles but now the speed from both sites are only averaging 30-50kbs or worst. Hugefiles used to be great, at times I could hit 1.2mbs but the worst average was still in the range of 500kbs. Previously, I thought that it could have been due to the heavy traffic due to file been just uploaded. But even after waiting to try after a week or so doesn't help. Just tried Dragon Blade but the speed fluctuate from 200kbs and dropping down to 40kbs. (:|

SmokerX
meh

Post#14 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:37 am

I have been having similar issues as well, but have remained silent because I don't want to appear as an engrate and understand this is a host issue.

When I try to stream using the script: (dunno about downloading since I don't try) Clicknupload is throttling me to 16-30kb/s. Tusfiles is stuck on initialized, so DL speed is 0 on all links. Hugefiles I`m not signing up for but they guarantee slow speeds in their package details unless you pay them. 24upload is the only link that's worked in weeks and I've tried them once. Basically it's worse than having no hosts at all. I`ve started using the Icefilms as a TV guide and just downloading it elsewhere or streaming from other link hosts ive previously viewed as rediculously slow. The benefit to ice for links was quality hosts that you could stream from and not have interruption instead of waiting 5 minutes for a Download to finish. Now waiting 3 hours for CLicknupload to stream far enough to not have an interruption is as good as it gets with this batch of hosts.

FU2
no0b

Post#15 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:19 am

Same here with "Tusfiles" always state's [Initialized] and will not stream...?

Return to “Host Problems”