TV/Movie Scources wont open Link in New Tab

Please Put your ISP on here also, as Countries Laws are affecting Hosts Also.
Anything to do with Host's, such as Slow Downloads or Drop Outs...

Moderators: Russtronic™, Way, Omen, Abe

Forum rules
Please Put your ISP on here also, as Countries Laws are affecting Hosts Also.
Anything to do with Host's, such as Slow Downloads or Drop Outs...

Topic Author
911icefreak
meh

TV/Movie Scources wont open Link in New Tab

Post#1 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:20 am

After I have already chosen the Movie/TV show to watch, I click on any of the links on scource page to open in new tab for download/watch it opens new tab for split second then it disappears and stays on scource links page. Cannot get to download/watch page. Been a loving IceFilms user for 11 years now never seen this problem.I am baffled. I have Windows 7 with Firefox browser. Please Help, Thank you.

Repdaddy
Sex Robot

Re: TV/Movie Scources wont open Link in New Tab

Post#2 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:26 pm

This only happens to you on this site?
The internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

Temp O'Rary
no0b

Re: TV/Movie Sources wont open Link in New Tab

Post#3 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:48 am

I'm experiencing this issue too. Clicking on any source (e.g. HugeFIlms), for any film, results in the page simply reloading. On one occasion I also received a JS alert "Problem: ", with no other info or description.

I'm on FF 38 and have also been using IceFIlms for a good few years now. FYI, I have NoScript and Ghostery installed, but IceFilms is on the whitelist. Perhaps there's a JavaScript dependency in a newly-introduced third-party script? I'm browsing in private mode, so I guess it could also be a session/cookie issue if the sources->link process has recently changed.

Many thanks.

Topic Author
911icefreak
meh

Post#4 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:35 am

Yes, I have checked all my preferences on firefox and everything is set to open in new tab, and I have checked on other sites and links open in new tabs, just IceFilms will not.I can't figure it out. It is getting frustrating, I've double and tripled checked everything. No one else is having this problem? I am at a loss for what to do. Please help, Thank you.

Way
RedTek

Post#5 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:09 am

I know this is stupid and you prolly have done it but a lot of people will over look the simple things.

Have you cleared your cache and cookies ?

Next would be to turn off IQS and see if after the 3 boxes popup if you can click the link and it work?
You may have to remove IQS then clean browser and re-install IQS. I use Ccleaner and would also do a reg scan.

Next would be if you have added or updated any browser addons then test by turning them off one by one to see if any are conflicting with IQS.

Or you may have to reset FF and start over / make a new user.

After the last FF update my FF stopped certian functions just small things and I haven't figured them out yet myself.
But no Ice is still working.

vag
no0b

Post#6 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:40 pm

Icefilms appears to have made some changes to try and block bots, so now you must have cookies enabled to get the links to show up

Temp 0'rary
no0b

Post#7 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:38 am

Icefilms appears to have made some changes to try and block bots, so now you must have cookies enabled to get the links to show up

Thanks very much vag - that's sorted it for me. I'd previously blocked cookies from IceFilms.

Apologies for the dupe sign-up - I'm not getting any emails from IF either (I suspect my ISP, Virgin Media, is filtering them out - they blocked the old, pre-ipv6 domain some time ago).

Thanks again.

Topic Author
911icefreak
meh

Post#8 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:12 am

I had cookies disabled - Everything is back to normal,Yeah! Thanks so much, Have a great day mate!

Return to “Host Problems”