Hugefiles.net 403 Forbidden

Please Put your ISP on here also, as Countries Laws are affecting Hosts Also.
Anything to do with Host's, such as Slow Downloads or Drop Outs...

Moderators: Russtronic™, Way, Omen, Abe

Forum rules
Please Put your ISP on here also, as Countries Laws are affecting Hosts Also.
Anything to do with Host's, such as Slow Downloads or Drop Outs...

Topic Author
DsmndMdy
no0b

Hugefiles.net 403 Forbidden

Post#1 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:36 pm

Every time I try to download something using Hugefiles.net I get 403 Forbidden. I have a registered account, I've restarted my browser (Chrome) and cleared my cache and cookies. I'm still having the same issue. Is it possible that they blocked my I.P. address because that's the only thing I can think of. I'm using OS X El Capitan.

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Re: Hugefiles.net 403 Forbidden

Post#2 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:30 pm

Them blocking your IP is not very likely. There has to be another problem. I am sure it is idiosyncratic with your rig though, as we are not seeing anyone else with this issue. There was some awhile back with Adblock tho.

viewtopic.php?f=162&t=108881&p=260742&hilit=Hugefiles.net#p260742

mysticcuisinart
no0b

Post#3 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:20 pm

Actually, it's a common issue and one I've experienced myself. I'm on a Mac and it doesn't matter what browser I use or, whether Adblocking is in place, I'll get the 403 forbidden error message. Been happening for the last week now. There's a thread over on the TVAddons message board talking about the exact same thing.

BTW, I really hate the changes they've made over at Hugefiles. It's completely 'ucked a perfectly decent web hosting site.

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#4 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:23 pm

You didn't say you were using TV-Addons The hosting site is in need of ad revenue also. In fact that is the only reason some of them are in business. You figure it out. If your company doesn't get paid for its service what happens. I cannot believe that people are that dense....... We have only the service part of our overhead no payroll or any people part only hosting and server TECH STUFF. Yes Huge and all will soon block anyone with Adblock. Count on it.

mysticcuisinart
no0b

Post#5 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:47 am

I’m not using TVaddons. It simply came up as one of the first returns in a ‘Hugefiles 403 forbidden” google search query. And if you’d bothered to read my post it clearly states my problems are happening while using web browsers. ANY browser. Regardless of whether an ad blocker is in use OR NOT. Although these days it’s became a necessity what with the ridiculous amounts of malware and p.o.r.n. you clowns are trying to shove down everyone’s throat.

There are other more appropriate ways to create ad revenue. If you can’t figure that out, then you’re the one that’s dense.

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#6 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:17 am

First Off I haven't swung the Ban Hammer for yrs. (Except for the Spam-bots.. Love Squishing them!) So I will ask you to please adjust your attitude as we adhere (Somewhat more loosely than others) to the same rules as others as to disrespect shown to Mods. And my Ban Hammer is final as I am 1 of the Admins.
Now I will correct you as you said that ----->
There's a thread over on the TVAddons message board talking about the exact same thing.

Which I took to mean that you were using at some time their service.
Now as to the Ads that we put on LOOK IT UP AS TO WHERE AD"S COME FROM!!!! They do not come from a frantic (At least I hope not!) coupling between 2 consenting Ad's. They are what ever the Ad service puts up. And because of the kind of service we provide, finding Ad services that want to be associated are a little hard to find.

elwood
no0b

Post#7 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:49 pm

I've also been getting 403 Forbidden the past several weeks on HF. I get it whether I'm signed in or not. I get it on both PC and Mac, have tried IE, FF, Chrome, Safari with and without addons.

Kind of a bummer because HF is the only host from which I can dl a file in less than a half hour.

Looking forward to seeing if someone can figure out the cause of this. Thanks!

HibbityJibbity
Insomniac

Post#8 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:58 pm

I would Try modifying your hosts file, add these two lines

Code: Select all

207.244.69.134          hugefiles.net
207.244.69.134          www.hugefiles.net

How to edit your host file

Windows

Mac

elwood
no0b

Post#9 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:07 pm

I'll give that a try when I get home, thank you very much!

elwood
no0b

Post#10 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:02 pm

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you - had some home internet problems. I changed the hosts file on my Windows machine (Win7 Pro if it matters) and I'm still getting 403 Forbidden.

Really strange - not sure why Hugefiles just started hating me for no reason. Thanks for the suggestion anyway!

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#11 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:44 pm

I have had this happen a few times. I just refresh and go thru the captcha again and it works. I have no idea why it does it .

Repdaddy
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#12 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:48 pm

What is your operating system? Do you use any web accelerator? What is your anti-virus?
The internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

elwood
no0b

Post#13 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:43 pm

OS is Win7 Pro, no web accelerators and no anti-virus.

Tonight, for the first time in a few months, hugefiles worked for me. I haven't changed anything that I can think of (other than periodic updates of my web browsers - FF & Chrome). No matter, hopefully whatever was "broken" is fixed. Thanks for your help everyone!

~El

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#14 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:20 am

No Anti Virus is EXTREMELY EXTREMELY EXTREMELY Dangerous! There are a number of free ones out there. When I had Win 7 I used MSE (Microsoft Security Essentials) it's Free and never had a Problem.

tobrid
no0b

Post#15 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:26 pm

I'm getting the same from Hugefiles...403 Forbidden on both Chrome and Opera, with AdBlock enabled and with it disabled. Reading some of the same sources the OP referenced, it sounds as if Hugefiles is blocking free users. Can anyone provide some insight?

Return to “Host Problems”