ClicknUpload very very slow.

Please Put your ISP on here also, as Countries Laws are affecting Hosts Also.
Anything to do with Host's, such as Slow Downloads or Drop Outs...

Moderators: Russtronic™, Way, Omen, Abe

Forum rules
Please Put your ISP on here also, as Countries Laws are affecting Hosts Also.
Anything to do with Host's, such as Slow Downloads or Drop Outs...

Topic Author
aubreyella
Average User

ClicknUpload very very slow.

Post#1 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:26 am

I've found as of lately clicknupload is crazy slow..24 hours to download a 650 meg file, and to download a 250 meg show is also hours. I don't have this issue with any other host and have a 135 meg connection at home. Does anyone else have this issue?

kayden101
meh

Re: ClicknUpload very very slow.

Post#2 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:23 am

i have the same problem

Repdaddy
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#3 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:10 pm

Considering they have this message popping up on all their pages, "We are aware one of our server network is slow and we are trying to fix it so you can get good speed again. ", I would say you are not the only one.
The internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

DaftMink
Average User

Post#4 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:56 pm

Yep really sucks as right now the only quick hosts seem to be UploadX.org and Upload.af which both don't allow ANY ad-blocking which means you get those "Your Computer is Infected" popups along with so many others.

No idea if those ads are allowed and hell I've reported a couple as they're on really cheap hosts which don't allow any spamming/phishing content.

Can't even use hostblock/avast most of the time as both block a range of ip addresses used for malware.

Slickone420
Average User

Post#5 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:17 pm

I have the same issue as well. (u)

Topic Author
aubreyella
Average User

Post#6 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:21 pm

Repdaddy, I hadn't seen that message. Thanks for letting me know. I hope they resolve it soon, because it's really the only good host. You can't download half the movies on here from hugefiles because they have a 750 meg restriction :S

Way
RedTek

Post#7 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:41 am

All I'm going to say is this whole post is just Sad.
Everything said in this post has been answered in the forum.
Do some reading none of this is a issue.
I have personally answered and given instructions how to get around/fix all of this.

Wax
Average User

Post#8 » Mon May 02, 2016 4:44 am

Way wrote:All I'm going to say is this whole post is just Sad.
I have personally answered and given instructions how to get around/fix all of this.

Dude, the cache thing doesn't have anything to do with file hosts that artificially throttle their speeds. Aside from the fact that almost anyone at Icefilms who uses their computer as more than just a "Facebook machine" will already either clear their cache regularly or do it via a cleaning program, the issue itself is a very rare one. And it usually presents with 403's or timeouts, not consistently-slow speeds only when downloading from specific file hosts.

It's cool that you're trying to help the community, but just because you post some solutions to a semi-related problem around the boards doesn't mean that everyone who has the problem just isn't paying attention to your posts. Most of the time resetting your browser profile, clearing cookies and cache doesn't have anything to do with why everyone's speeds are so slow. They're slow because the file hosts are throttling. Some throttle all the time and some are throttled based on the time of day or how much activity a specific file is receiving. It just depends on the host.

Way
RedTek

Post#9 » Mon May 02, 2016 11:01 am

Wax wrote:Dude, the cache thing doesn't have anything to do with file hosts that artificially throttle their speeds. Aside from the fact that almost anyone at Icefilms who uses their computer as more than just a "Facebook machine" will already either clear their cache regularly or do it via a cleaning program, the issue itself is a very rare one. And it usually presents with 403's or timeouts, not consistently-slow speeds only when downloading from specific file hosts.

It's cool that you're trying to help the community, but just because you post some solutions to a semi-related problem around the boards doesn't mean that everyone who has the problem just isn't paying attention to your posts. Most of the time resetting your browser profile, clearing cookies and cache doesn't have anything to do with why everyone's speeds are so slow. They're slow because the file hosts are throttling. Some throttle all the time and some are throttled based on the time of day or how much activity a specific file is receiving. It just depends on the host.

Well that's just Rude. Yup your correct I'm a idiot that's why I'm a forum Admin and can add links to the site. I have no clue what I'm doing nor know anything.
From a previous post:
Way wrote:The file's are from link host's nothing is from Ice just the links are from Ice. Try clearing your browser. Try signing up at the file hosts. Other than that it is a issue with the file host your using or your Rig. Nothing to do with Ice. Good Luck.

You all have a good day and, I will just stop posting some solutions to a semi-related problem, making Tutorials, working on Main Site Problems, finding bugs, filling requests, removing/replacing dead/bad links. How bout that??? No trying is better got ya thanks for saving me all my Free Work Time I guess I'll lose my Not Paycheck of $0.00, and not have to deal with rude ass idiots like myself.
"I know how to use Google and read I'll just continue fixing my problems, and do like others. Not help the Ice community nor care. I'll just save my time and not even try (mooning) (swear) (finger) "

I (bow) (bow) (bow) (bow) to your ultimate wisdom I wish I had explained this in the past a Few 100 times before, and took the time again to explain it again, over and over and over......

Now before you just flame someone how bout search the forums, and then you will see That I myself have explained this before and so have so many others. Therefor this post was pointless from the very start.
Way wrote:All I'm going to say is this whole post is just Sad.

Other than to provide you a place to be Rude to Staff, and break a forum Rule.... you can now take over all of the Help Section thank you so much. (angry) ;( ;(

Wax
Average User

Post#10 » Tue May 03, 2016 7:40 am

C'mon now, take it easy. I'm not trying to piss anybody off or start some drama. I just thought the way you responded to the OP (or whoever it was) was dismissive, especially since the problem with slow hosts is due to the hosts' own throttling 90 percent of the time. The cookies/cache/download history/browser profile/anything Ccleaner can do/etc. is a pretty rare solution for people suffering from slow download speeds. Especially when we know it usually causes 403's instead of slow speeds, in addition to the fact we know these file hosts employ traffic-shaping and throttling...

That's why these "clearing/cleaning" solutions shouldn't be used as an end-all/be-all "shut-down" to anyone who complains about slow download speeds. In fact, I'd recommend the first thing they should be told is that some of the file hosts use throttling and/or shaping, which is most likely the reason. There's nothing wrong with offering the cleaning solutions as well; I just had a problem with the way you spoke to the OP about it. I thought it was rude. But more importantly, I thought it wasn't helping anyone because the actual methods you've posted weren't even linked.

So if I've offended you, I'm sorry. It was just one of those times when you see something and feel like you should speak up. Maybe I shouldn't have; maybe I was wrong to do that. But if the forum mods and admins REALLY want to cut down on the amount of topics like these, the best thing they could do is create is sticky in which they let people know that some of Ice's file hosts use throttling and/or shaping, which is most likely the reason they're experiencing slow download speeds.

Way
RedTek

Post#11 » Tue May 03, 2016 10:24 pm

Ossum then you make it and I'll put the sticky on it. :)

greeeat! more complete and better than mine. Now we don't need to be like parrots and repeat the same stuff all the time. Let me know when it's done Mkay...

Way
RedTek

Post#12 » Sat May 21, 2016 11:48 pm

I'm still waiting on that OSSUM how to Tut or yours..... (drunk)

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#13 » Sun May 22, 2016 2:03 pm

I only use huge sometime when already using huge I use upload. Huge is fast for me then upload is second. Clicken once told me 9 days 18 hours.
Thats why we have more than one hosts.

Return to “Host Problems”