No video? Get the DivX Web Player for Windows or Mac

Please Put your ISP on here also, as Countries Laws are affecting Hosts Also.
Anything to do with Host's, such as Slow Downloads or Drop Outs...

Moderators: Russtronic™, Way, Omen, Abe

Forum rules
Please Put your ISP on here also, as Countries Laws are affecting Hosts Also.
Anything to do with Host's, such as Slow Downloads or Drop Outs...

Topic Author
Vince
Average User

No video? Get the DivX Web Player for Windows or Mac

Post#1 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:50 am

I am getting this message on UploadX, ClicknUpload and Upload.af. Also, I am not sure if this is related but I am getting a Error. The End. message with HugeFiles (i tried googling it to see if it was shutting down, but nothing came up).

ClicknUpload and Upload.af have been giving me this message for months, so I have been using UploadX. UploadX was working perfectly fine for me yesterday. Now it is giving me this message as well.

All the links wont allow me to use VLC, the icon is there but nothing happens when I click it. I can click the DivX button but then it gives me the no video message. The only thing I can do now is download the files. I saw another forum post with a similar issue and the OP was suggested to use ICEDIVX. I tried ICEDIVX, it would only give me the VLC and download icons. The VLC did not work, I tried multiple links. It would download the file and either VLC couldn't read it or it would just idle and not open any video.

I have cleared my cache, restarted my FF browser (most updated version) and restarted my computer. I am fairly sure it isn't me now. Has anyone experienced this issue and found the fix?

Cheers and thanks in advance,

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Re: No video? Get the DivX Web Player for Windows or Mac

Post#2 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:48 am

Again We need more Info about your Platform. And On these Posts I am going to change part of the instructions to have Location also. We Need Platform (PC or Mac) - OpSys (Win# Or OS#) - ISP and Location (We had a rash of posts awhile back and it turned out to be a GB thing.

truegavin
Average User

Post#3 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:03 am

I have the same issue both on a windows 7 comp and a windows xp comp. Suddenlink and arkansas. i either use Potplayer or divx

Topic Author
Vince
Average User

Post#4 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:33 am

PC, Windows 10, Canada

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#5 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:09 am

Have you tried VLC tg? And Vince you have one of the problems that caused me to change the Help Rules Section. See viewtopic.php?p=264048#p264048 Or viewtopic.php?p=264047#p264047

truegavin
Average User

Post#6 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:53 pm

Sorry for the late response i was at work.

i have and no it doesn't work either. when i click on the Not DivX button it does nothing it doesn't try and download anything. the DivX button says: No video? get DivX web-player for windows or mac. I have the DivX web-player fully updated and nothing works. i have also got rid of cookies and cache and have done a full install of all scripts and greasesmonkey thing

Also i use Firefox if that matters.

truegavin
Average User

Post#7 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:00 am

ok i think its a firefox issues i tryed on chrome and works no problems at all

Thank you once again for your help your always the Best

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#8 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:43 am

Try allowing pop-ups on Ice only (White List Icefilms.info) with FF and let me know if that works. Something new with FF that Way just told me about.

Topic Author
Vince
Average User

Post#9 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:06 am

I don't know if this is a FF issue only but when I click page info on the source sites and and disable the FF protection it works. Does anyone know a way to lessen the protection FF gives or have whitelist websites?

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#10 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:25 am

On Firefox Go to the Tools then scroll down to Content The Pop-ups box is checked Automatically by default. (I Believe) Right next to it is a box called Exceptions, open that and type in Icefilms.info. That should take care of some of the problems listed on this Topic. Please Let us know if this ~ Fixes ~ Exacerbates ~ Calls up Cthulhu......

Topic Author
Vince
Average User

Post#11 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:54 pm

Still no change after I added icefilms.info to the exceptions list. I also tried adding the source sites onto the list to no avail.

Now the temp fix I have found is loading to the window with the vlc/divx/download icons then clicking the page info (the the left of the website address) and disabling the protection firefox has. This will refresh the page and send you back to the click this to download and captcha page. Then you just need to get to the vlc/divx/download page again and the video will work.

Thia is just my temporary fix until one of you smarties can tell me what to do. Because in all honesty I am too lazy to put up with this reload shit.

Let me know know if you have anymore suggestions Russ, perhaps another place where I can add an exception.

Cheers,

truegavin
Average User

Post#12 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:52 am

It didn't work for me either

truegavin
Average User

Post#13 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:50 pm

Vince's Temp Fix works for me as well once i figured out where it was, Its the little i with a circle around it to the left of the web address

Grumple
meh

Post#14 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:02 pm

Works fine for me also just gives me a popup tab at the top now.

truegavin
Average User

Post#15 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:12 am

To permanently disable the Mixed Content Blocking in Firefox:

1. In the address bar, type "about:config" and press Enter.
2. Click the "I'll be careful, I promise!" button.
3. In the search field, type "block_active".
4. Set the value for the one search result
("security.mixed_content.block_active_content") to "false".

Do this at your own Risk.

Return to “Host Problems”