".0sec.link" at the beginning of any download is problematic

Please Put your ISP on here also, as Countries Laws are affecting Hosts Also.
Anything to do with Host's, such as Slow Downloads or Drop Outs...

Moderators: Russtronic™, Way, Omen, Abe

Forum rules
Please Put your ISP on here also, as Countries Laws are affecting Hosts Also.
Anything to do with Host's, such as Slow Downloads or Drop Outs...

Topic Author
virtualjupiter
meh

".0sec.link" at the beginning of any download is problematic

Post#1 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:18 am

I've noticed that in the name of any files I'm downloading from any host if it starts with ".0sec.link" it's not downloadable. I end up, somehow, in redirect pop-up hell. This just started being a problem yesterday. For instance, the new link for openload for Doctor Doctor (https://oload.download/f/gyXR8WflpsU#) you'll notice that the name of the episode is titled with a web address, in this case it is "www.0sec.link_Doctor.Doctor.AU.S03E06.720p.HDTV.x264-CBFM.mkv.mp4" and clicking 'download' on that link, which in the past has never been an issue before, now is a problem. The beginning of the name of the file is some sort of weblink that messes up everything. If this continues, I'll find my links elsewhere. Why is it always with icefilms, there's gotta be some sort of problem or security risk? And what fresh hell is this that you've now unleashed upon your user base? It feels like this is the uploader's new method for scamming something out of me, trying to use my computer for whatever bullshit nefarious thing they want, I really don't appreciate it. Almost all your new links have this curse.

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Re: ".0sec.link" at the beginning of any download is problematic

Post#2 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:11 am

Where did you get that link from???? Oh well that doesn't matter you are using an unreliable form of DL anyway. I use only Openload, I just double click on the download tab. Works every time.

Topic Author
virtualjupiter
meh

Post#3 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:56 am

I got the link from ICEFILMS, http://www.icefilms.info/ip.php?v=287392& (why else would I be here asking for assistance?) I went to openload and the name of the link somehow prevents me from downloading it. I double clicked it and guess what? Pop-up and redirect hell. I don't know what you mean when you say, "Oh well that doesn't matter you are using an unreliable form of DL anyway" because you never clarified what this means. I have the impression that you aren't actually trying to help me with my issue, as you have not asked me any pertinent questions or even made any attempt to give guidance. I get the impression from this exchange that you're worn out and have lost interest in helping your community, and that makes me sad because now I have to guess what buttons to push to get you to actually do the work you're here to do of your own volition, and I hate that so much you just don't even know. If you are actually interested in helping me, I surely would be grateful, but I can always go get my links somewhere else. THat's cool too.

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#4 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:15 am

Your lucky I stay around to help as the old rules were no disrespect was tolerated towards the Mods, and as I am Admin I can do as I want. So I wont Ban You. Now the reason I asked about the link was this. This is the link I get when I go to the Openload you provide https://openload.co/f/gyXR8WflpsU it is not the one you show and I want to know HOW you got that. Because I have gone over my records and it wasn't from here. That is why I asked.

virtualjupiter wrote:For instance, the new link for openload for Doctor Doctor (https://oload.download/f/gyXR8WflpsU#)

Topic Author
virtualjupiter
meh

Post#5 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:08 pm

Ok I will start over with a different link I have from your site.
Browser-firefox
ISP- Spectrum
country- US
Player type- I download only, I do not stream in my browser. When I do view, I use VLC

I looked at Mission: Impossible - Fallout (2018) https://www.icefilms.info/ip.php?v=287510&
Here you can see the address of the link on Icefilm's site after selecting the openload source

Here you can see the openload page, you can confirm the address from the image above with the one in the address bar below, they are the same, having originated with icefilms. The strange name of the file, notice that it starts with "www.0sec.link"

Any link that I find that starts with this www.0sec.link in the title cannot be downloaded. As soon as I start my download I'm thrust into popup redirect hell. I don't know why or how, I don't have the skill to understand that and can't find anything about it online. This only happens on icefilms, the other aggregators I use do not have this issue with openload, so I strongly believe this is caused by one of your uploaders.

As for disrespecting you, I apologize, I'm on a lot of pain meds right now and going into surgery in a few weeks. I don't respond well when I think weird shit is going on, especially considering I may not live out this month, I have very few fucks to give anymore. All I can do these days is lay in bed watching movies and tv, that's it, that's all I got. As much as I have loved Icefilms, your website has had both a long history of being awesome and also of doing some pretty bad shit to my computer. Without protections I cannot use your site. As much as I'd like to support your site by not using adblock and the other protections I use, experience has taught me that whatever is going on with you guys, whether you place those risks on your site on purpose or your server hosts do that to you, your site cannot be trusted. More than once I've had to completely wipe my machine over the years from malicious software that came from using your site, and so I really don't know what you folks are about or how those practices are helpful to you, but I know that all the times I've had to wipe my computer and have lost valuable things have made me upset and mistrustful of you all. I'd like to believe you're good folks doing your best, which is why I'm bothering to inform you at all of this development, as I do have other sites I can get links from.

Kushbomb
no0b

Post#6 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:16 pm

https://ibb.co/hLjBVU

Hello,

I am also a long time user, and just started having this issue as well recently. I am not sure what is causing it. The popups and redirects, I don't get, because I have taken steps to prevent that from happening. However, the link usually redirects to a dead end page, like this:

https://ibb.co/dMFwx9

Openload isn't the only host this happens with either. Most of the hosts get this issue and it isn't always 100% of the time. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes I can download, sometimes I can't. Sometimes I can stream, sometimes I can't, sometimes I can right click save as, other times, no link is there to do that.

Very frustrating.

This is the only site I get this issue on as well.

Chrome browser, windows 7

I made this account just to lend a hand to buddy who started it and show them they aren't the only one getting this error.

Hope this helps.

Topic Author
virtualjupiter
meh

Post#7 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:52 pm

Russ, check your hotmail, I sent you some info there I think you'll find interesting.

Return to “Host Problems”