I'm lost and not sure.(Discombobulated)

Moderators: Russtronic™, Way, Omen, Abe

Forum rules
I'm lost and not sure.(Discombobulated)

Korlax
meh

Re: PUM Hijacker

Post#136 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:48 am

[quote][/quote]I'm using Windows 7 and as of yesterday I stopped being able to go directly to icefilms.info

this maybe a win 10 problem as i have it too, and others... see the windows 10 thread regarding same issue

Average User

Firefox addon clicks on adds for you

Post#137 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:48 pm

http://adnauseam.io/

https://github.com/dhowe/AdNauseam/

The service is called AdNauseam and it's a Firefox addon that works in conjunction with AdBlock Plus or AdBlock Edge. The tag line is "clicking adds so you don't have to." It works with almost every website and it's a great way to support websites that rely on advertising to stay in business. I use it on ICE and all the linked hosting sites.

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Re: Firefox addon clicks on adds for you

Post#138 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:32 am

That wont last 10 seconds. When they see to many hits they block the IP and then a whole can of worms is opened. As what you are doing is fraud. So when the Ad company's catch on (And when did someone say that these people are brainless) Then they stop all payments --{As They Did To Get This Started}-- and something worse than the ad's that let you know that you are starving the site.

Average User

Re: Firefox addon clicks on adds for you

Post#139 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:10 pm

Russtronic™ wrote:That wont last 10 seconds. When they see to many hits they block the IP and then a whole can of worms is opened. As what you are doing is fraud. So when the Ad company's catch on (And when did someone say that these people are brainless) Then they stop all payments --{As They Did To Get This Started}-- and something worse than the ad's that let you know that you are starving the site.

I thought it was a simple addon and sounded like an interesting idea. I read about it on some advertising blog and installed it about a week ago. I guess it not a good idea and I'm going uninstall it.

Way
RedTek

Pop-up Windows, Mal-vertizing, Cretins Delight

Post#140 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:45 pm

Problems with unwanted content or pop-ups or any other seemingly malicious happenings.

Return to “General Help”