Pop-up Windows, Mal-vertizing, Cretins Delight

I'm lost and not sure.(Discombobulated)

Moderators: Way, Russtronic™, Omen, Abe

Repdaddy
Sex Robot

Re: viruses

Post#91 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:48 pm

It is being policed Macxtc. things are just a bit out of control at the moment. See the tail end of this thread for insight:http://forum.icefilms.info/viewtopic.php?f=161&t=108649&hilit=pum
The internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

Russtronic™
The One

Post#92 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:26 pm

JonnieGee
code of Deez

Re: ReDirection Hell

Post#93 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:31 pm

Hi Liseam -

Anything I can do to help, I will gladly do. Let me know what utility you are trying out. I'll try to help you get your Firefox set up the same way I have mine, which is now free of redirects.

Jonnie
RESISTANCE IS NOT ALWAYS FUTILE

sir_snake
Average User

Post#94 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:52 pm

why do i think ice is dying? i used to come here all the time, now because of the viruses and dead links
i just come for the list of movies, then go to another site to watch the one i found.
like macxtc said it's the ads themselves. i wouldn't use adblock if it was just a few unobtrusive ads
worse than television and i started to come here to get away from ads on tv. :)

Russtronic™
The One

Post#95 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:53 pm

Did you read the report I just posted a link to?

Catsin
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#96 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:45 pm

I have been having the same problem, and I would like to follow the suggestion of Msilbys who said to add that address to my block list. But I don't know how. I've been trying to figure it out but I can't tell where to add it. Am I adding it to UBlock Origin? AdBlock? Some other list in Firefox? Security is very confusing to me.

Thanks so much for the help.

FYI, I get redirected every time I click on a link on the front page of IF, and sometimes when I search. I get something different than this poster - I consistently get something telling me I need to update my media player - it opens another tab, which I close and everything else seems normal.

sir_snake
Average User

Post#97 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:34 pm

a lot to read, but wow. it's really not ices fault. that being said I'm using whatever programs i can to avoid this stuff.

Russtronic™
The One

Post#98 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:00 pm

As we tried to tell everyone in every way possible we believe it is targeted at Adblock. Think about it. We do not make any profit but other sites are in it for the money. Draw your own conclusions.

Lone Browncoat
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#99 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:59 pm

Well, it might be confusing for the novices out there, but it is a simple matter to know where you are in add ons utilities and plugins by going to the 'about' in each and knowing the version numbers.
As for Flash, this is the only site one should go to;
http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/
If it doesn't match the list, go to the support centre.

Thus avoiding those phony prompts.

Thank You to Russtronic™ for my sig!

MSilbys
Average User

Re: Pop-up window

Post#100 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:40 pm

new site to add to your block list.. http://data.scorepresshidden.info/
Death By Snu Snu

IrishVince
meh

Re: PUM Hijacker

Post#101 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:41 pm

I am very surprised Abe hasn't fixed whatever needs fixing yet. I just say Abe, since over the years he usually fixed whatever issues I had with the site. All hail Abe. As pop-up gate is still on going I assume it is quite a severe issue with the advertising company you are using or whatever the actual cause is. Quite annoying, but ICE has brought me so much joy (and cable savings) for a decade or so that I can put up with a lot.

Praise Abe

Russtronic™
The One

Post#102 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:15 am

Above in this thread there is a report that explains this situation. Here is the link. There is nothing that Abe can do to fix this as it is a Global Phenomenon that Mega Sites are losing in the fight against.
http://go.cyphort.com/rs/181-NTN-682/images/Malvertising-Report-15-RP.pdf?mkt_tok=3RkMMJWWfF9wsRonu6XPZKXonjHpfsX56%2B4uWaO%2FlMI%2F0ER3fOvrPUfGjI4ATMFnI%2BSLDwEYGJlv6SgFS7jEMa501LgLUxM%3D

Abe
AbeZ Apostle

Post#103 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:17 pm

I anyone still having issues?

I thought all the evil ad networks had been dealt with. We are using 2 ad networks now which seem to be quite good at filtering out the malvertisements.

Ad Network #1:
This ad network runs only for people who are blocking ads (which is about 60% of our users). It contains, at most, one annoying popup per page (which can pop OVER any page) and it displays the fake play/download-style banner ads that we all know and hate. Tricking users into clicking is not advertising, but this is the best we can do from the options we have.

Ad Network #2:
If you disable AdBlock, you will instead see only ads from our other ad network. These ads are high quality from recognized brands. There is also one unobtrusive pop (that loads silently in a background tab) and it can be avoided (but I am considering making it unavoidable since it is so unobtrusive).
"Lets burn this mother down!"

* ALL SUPPORT REQUESTS VIA PM WILL BE IGNORED. INSTEAD, SEARCH THE FORUM, POST, OR START A NEW TOPIC.

Topic Author
rodentraiser
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#104 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:59 pm

I'm still having pages pop up when I click on various Icefilm pages. It's not that big a deal. I know they might pop up, so I just keep my cursor over the X and as soon as I see the name of the page, I click it closed. It's certainly not a hassle for me, though.

Again, I don't have Adblock Plus, but I do have Adblock Edge.

Russtronic™
The One

Post#105 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:45 pm

We are working on it. Abe and I and the rest of the crew spent @t least 4 hours looking for a solution yesterday. So hang in there. Like all problems before the Ice Gods will prevail in this Battle with The Hated Moronic Malvertizers.

Return to “General Help”