Moderators: Russtronic™, Way, Omen, Abe

Forum rules
I'm lost and not sure.(Discombobulated)

Topic Author
xfaded
no0b

Re: New Streaming Format

Post#1 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:49 pm

So with this new streaming, we wont be able to stream from the browser any more? i tried the .m3u file and it loads really slow. Any ideas on how that can be improved?

Way
RedTek

Re: m3u format issue's

Post#2 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:44 pm

Yes you can still stream with IQS like you always have just now it is a .m3u playlist.
The .m3u playlist format is supported by numerous players unlike the .xspf format that was being used.
The .xspf format would only open with VLC this didn't give the user the freedom to choose their player of choice.

I am working on a Tutorial as we speak so hold tight If you do not understand.

Just associate .m3u file format under your OS to your player of choice.

I will try my best to make the How To Tutorial

This change will only affect the IQS player

using the VLC play button

HonkeyNinja
no0b

Post#3 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:16 pm

IS there no longer going to be flash player streaming for .MP4 files? as of 1/21/16 there is no More Flash player button... Only VLC and Download options for me across the board on various PC's.

Way
RedTek

Post#4 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:46 am

Times are changing Flash is going away https://threatpost.com/flashs-farewell- ... ay/115545/ for security reason's, as you can remember the last big Flash exploit when browser's disabled Flash themselves. HTML5 will replace Flash. This is going to happen this year 2016 date unknown.

Way
RedTek

Post#5 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:44 pm

Flash player button is back this is determined by the file type and your plugins I.E. divx web player.

But again the flash player option may or may not be ending soon.

Sorry for the incorrect answer earlier I had to wait to talk to the Admin of the site that made the changes.

LOL they made a small error. That's life.

HonkeyNinja
no0b

Post#6 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:51 pm

Thank you very much to you and the admins for the quick fix /reply. Everything is now working fine here on my end.

In regards to Flash eventually phasing out to HTML5, does ICE plan to offer an HTML5 in-browser player that's comparable to the current Flash and Dvix plugins?

Way
RedTek

Post#7 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:57 pm

Icefilms doesn't provide a player that is provided on your end, your choice.
ICE Quick Stream (IQS) helper script < this only provides simpler/shortcuts to do what you want.

For the Future of players and options. If I could predict that I would buy a loto ticket.

Return to “General Help”