Moderators: Russtronic™, Way, Omen, Abe

Forum rules
I'm lost and not sure.(Discombobulated)

Topic Author
jefrey195762
meh

sources not showing up

Post#1 » Fri May 06, 2016 4:44 am

is my internet supplier suddenly blocking out sources? page is 'contracted'; word 'sources' shows up but no sources listed underneath as usual!

Repdaddy
Relentlessly Obsessed

Re: sources not showing up

Post#2 » Fri May 06, 2016 1:42 pm

Isps can not block one frame on one page. They block URLs. Something on your computer is blocking the frame. It is likely an add-on you have installed.

EDIT Maybe you are getting a rogue advert covering the frame? Could you post a screen shot? Does it happen on all pages? OS and browser, please?
The internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

Topic Author
jefrey195762
meh

Post#3 » Sat May 07, 2016 2:12 pm

i'm going to try to attach page copy...using windows 10 and chrome...haven't added anything lately to pc certainly not during time period that this happened...can't figure out how to send you page copy on this submission...do you have an email address i could send it to?

Topic Author
jefrey195762
meh

Post#4 » Sat May 07, 2016 3:16 pm

seems like in the meantime i've found a solution. just right click on 'sources' and 'open up new tab' and the sources show up in new tab. a little tedious, but works. just would like to know what changed...

Repdaddy
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#5 » Sun May 08, 2016 3:48 pm

Sounds like maybe the "blank tab" issue is back. I'll make sure somebody looks in to it.
The internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

Topic Author
jefrey195762
meh

Post#6 » Mon May 09, 2016 5:20 am

thank you

ladyjess
Average User

Post#7 » Wed May 18, 2016 10:38 am

Something like this started happening to me last night.
On the main site pick a show (lets use flash)
It will take me to the sources
click on any of the sources and it loads a blank page.

Windows 10 firefox
If life is what you make it... Than i made a mud pie

Topic Author
jefrey195762
meh

Post#8 » Thu May 26, 2016 2:09 am

now when i click on the source the dowload page shows up but when i click on download up pops a new tabe with an ad and i can't download the video...what is happening here? a great site has gotten very complex. guess i'll just download torrents...

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#9 » Thu May 26, 2016 8:56 am

The "Blank Tab" issue has never gone away just a one in 20 now. What they are talking about is more interesting. We need more info, Such as Adblocker <----BAD On Ice!!! And any other Exotic Add-On's in the background that don't always behave as advertised...

Topic Author
jefrey195762
meh

Post#10 » Thu May 26, 2016 9:12 am

i see that pausing adblocks eliminates the problems i described, but many of the ads are objectionable and some of them are actual scams, and even others are detected by eset as dangerous. i'll try using site for a while without adblocker but if i see that it's intolerable you'll have lost a much appreciative user, and i'm sure i won't be alone. i understand the need for revenues to operate site, but not at the expense of some human integrity. thanks for everything 'til now....

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#11 » Thu May 26, 2016 11:34 am

The Ice Gods are doing the best that they can to satisfy everyone, (Right now there are 78,633 users on our site this very second) but there is no clear path to keep all Happy. The Ad Company's care only about Revenues not securing their content. So they are easy targets for Malvertisements, as the old adage goes "Be Careful What You Buy" it applies the same, just switch "Buy" with "Click On" ..... They are always striving to make the sight as perfect as possible.

Return to “General Help”