How Could I do This Style Site Legally.

Mostly praise goes here. And anything icefilms or scene related that doesn't fit anywhere else. NO REQUESTS. NO TECHNICAL ISSUES. NO ideas or feature requests.

Moderators: Omen, Rasa

Topic Author
TheVoiceGuy
no0b

How Could I do This Style Site Legally.

Post#1 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:08 am

Hello, so I've always have wanted to start a streaming site for movies and or shows and just always ran into the problem of copyright and legal issues, seeing I've known about this site in 2007, i'm just curious on how they have held it up for so long? Weird question just curious. Thanks.

Russtronic™
The One

Re: How Could I do This Style Site Legally.

Post#2 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:13 am

We do not 'Host the Shows' the link hunters search find the links to the shows. And then we "Publish Them"......

Anynonmouse
no0b

Post#3 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:17 pm

-But! I have a sneaking suspicion that there might be another aspect of the site's style that helps serve as basic front-line camouflage: the fact that a given, e.g., episode's page has a list of options whose URLs are only revealed after a user interaction (i.e., the form/script submission enacted by the list element's click).

I kiiinda have a feeling that shitter webcrawlers used by the DMCA enforcement dickheads might not bother to "delve" deep enough to actually suss out the links to content. -Sure, the better ones will, but I bet this 2-step approach to linking to the actual content dissuades lesser foes. ;)

Then again, what the hell do I know?? Notsomuch.

Russtronic™
The One

Post#4 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:25 pm

Hmmm there are some things to think about there...

Return to “General Discussion / Feedback”