Title pictures on main paige not showing

For delving into the Great Unknown.

Moderators: Way, Russtronic™, Omen, Abe

Topic Author
pimpster
no0b

Title pictures on main paige not showing

Post#1 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:47 am

Sorry, forgot what you call the pictures on the main paige that advertise individual tv shows/movies etc. Right now I can not see any. I just get a small x in a box. Same when I click on a title to view information and to select links. I was always getting it before icefilms went down. Is this my own systems issue or is it an Icefilms issue. I do see pictures for site advertisers and my system does show pictures when I surf the internet. Can someone please clarify.

Way
RedTek

Re: Title pictures on main paige not showing

Post#2 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:12 am

pimpster wrote:Sorry, forgot what you call the pictures on the main paige that advertise individual tv shows/movies etc. Right now I can not see any. I just get a small x in a box. Same when I click on a title to view information and to select links. I was always getting it before icefilms went down. Is this my own systems issue or is it an Icefilms issue. I do see pictures for site advertisers and my system does show pictures when I surf the internet. Can someone please clarify.

They are called
Tv - Banners
Movie - Posters

The x just means the image did not load.

Try clearing you browser Cache/Cookies first.
https://kb.wisc.edu/helpdesk/page.php?id=54747

Report back if this does fix it for others to use for INFO
If it doesn't then we will do some reading to see what else it could be, but I feel certain this will fix it.

I don't use Win10 or edge. Plus you didn't mention your browser so I assume your using Edge.

Repdaddy
Sex Robot

Post#3 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:37 pm

If you are using edge and you want to see if that is causing it:

"If a site continuously gives you issues in Microsoft Edge, tap or click on the three dots in the top-right corner.

Select Open in Internet Explorer"
The internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

Topic Author
pimpster
no0b

Post#4 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:21 am

Thank you but I've been using internet explorer and have not been able to see the banners. I don't use edge. I did clear my cookies in explorer but no good. Still don't see the banners. I also have the same issue on my desktop which lead me to believe it was a icefilms issue. Is it just me or are others experiencing the same issue.

Way
RedTek

Post#5 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:53 am

joku
no0b

Post#6 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:38 pm

I've been having the same problem ever since the site came back.

I use Windows 7 with Pale Moon, though I've also tried in Firefox and IE. I've tried clearing caches and cookies across all three browsers to no avail. Disabling NoScript and Adblock didn't work either (Jesus Christ, this site runs a ton of scripts!).

There was one single banner that showed sometime last week on Pale Moon, but I don't recall which show it was for.

I downloaded Chrome just now to try it out, and the banners are loading on Chrome. (Note: using Chrome is not a long-term solution for me.)

joku
no0b

Post#7 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:38 am

The problem persists, but today one single banner showed up. It's the banner for American Dad. All of the other shows are still just hypertext links.

The American Dad banner might be the same one I saw back in January. Is there anything different about that banner compared to the other ones?

Return to “Win 10”