SD Posted as HD and Cut Off Episodes

For delving into the Great Unknown.

Moderators: Russtronic™, Way, Omen, Abe

Topic Author
Qweendark
Average User

SD Posted as HD and Cut Off Episodes

Post#1 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:17 am

Hello all. The links Repdaddy has been posting in the HD category are SD. I wasn't sure at first, thought perhaps there was a new less space intensive file extension, but after watching a couple of the files I don't believe that's the case. I won't include a specific URL here because you can check any of his postings from at least this month.

Another issue, we're back to files being cut off. I don't need the credits to roll on the episodes I watch, but I would at least like to see the end of it. An example is this week's Blacklist:

http://www.icefilms.info/ip.php?v=228851&
source 7

Thanks again for all you do, it is appreciated!

HibbityJibbity
Insomniac

Re: SD Posted as HD and Cut Off Episodes

Post#2 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:42 am

Im not sure if you are referring to the hevc x265 files being posted in the HD section, he at one time was putting those in the SD section, not sure why that changed. if you could give a few links for example that would be great.

As far as the blacklist goes, not sure why the end was cut off, it wasn't repacked or propered. i just compared it to a webdl, and it lookes like 2 seconds of the gals face closeup is cut, no dialogue. But i replaced the HD sources if you care to grab it.

Repdaddy
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#3 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:37 am

What makes you say they are not HD, and with what are you playing them?
The internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

Topic Author
Qweendark
Average User

Post#4 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:24 am

The file lengths are dramatically smaller than the other HD files posted for the same episode, they are identical in size to those of the SD files posted on the same host sites, and the quality of the video is much grainier and more pixilated than other HD files posted for the same episode.

I have used DivX, VLC, and Daum's PotPlayer to view the files on my 1080p, 120 hz television using an 18 GBps, 1080+p, 4k ultra compatible, HDMI cable. All of this loses its relevancy when taking into consideration the other files posted with the usual .8 - 1.9 GB file size for a forty minute to one hour episode look vastly superior in quality when played using the same equipment.

Topic Author
Qweendark
Average User

Post#5 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:50 am

Hi HibbityJibbity,

Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure if the files have hvec extensions. Let me recheck some links and I'll edit this post with examples. As for the cut-off episode, I was missing a good two to three minutes of the end of the episode. It wouldn't be a big deal if it weren't for the television writers penchant for leaving the biggest cliffhangers to the last minute of an episode.

I have been using ClicknUpload again since they've worked on their download speeds (which is probably in part due to Icefilms asking them to up their game; if so, thanks for that!). I guess it's possible that the files just aren't downloading properly. Don't think so though.

Thanks again for all you guys do!

P.S. Is there a BitCoin forum yet? I didn't see one.

HibbityJibbity
Insomniac

Post#6 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:28 pm

Yea, I would have to agree, the smaller HD files that have been added as of late are of significantly less quality than the normal scene released versions of the HD episodes, i wasn't too sure because i don't download the hevc x265 encodes since they are not optimized to transcode over a plex server. I have recently downloaded several normal HD and the compact HD files to compare side by side and would have to agree that they are considerably more grainy and don't belong in the HD category. Unfortunately until the poster realizes this, or the site owner takes notice, there isn't much I can do for you, other than to say make sure you are not downloading they files that have "hevc" or "x265" in the file name.

Return to “Win 10”