DivX disappeared in Firefox

For delving into the Great Unknown.

Moderators: Way, Russtronic™, Omen, Abe

Topic Author

DivX disappeared in Firefox

Post#1 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:10 pm

My DivX Player icon disappeared in firefox. It was there right after the script was updated(mid-2016) but disappeared a month ago. The problem is present on all video hosting sites.

Firefox 52.0 (32-bit)
ISP: Altimatel
Montreal, QC
Prefer DivX web player, but now i have to use VLC

Relentlessly Obsessed

Re: DivX disappeared in Firefox

Post#2 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:57 pm

Firefox has been announcing they will discontinue npapi support for over a year now. They finally ended it with Firefox 52. DivX webplayer is npapi, so it is gone until DivX develops something compatible. Chrome is following suit.

The internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

Re: DivX disappeared in Firefox

Post#3 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:32 pm

you can find a different player take your pic this has been coming I'ved posted about it and hmmm helped change it so that you still had a option. Gthanks your welcome. and you can still have flash if you set up things that way and if flash will play the file...
I would prolly pick Kmplayer and work from there. or? time will tell what happens next.

Return to “Win 10”