No Subtitles

For delving into the Great Unknown.

Moderators: Russtronic™, Way, Omen, Abe

Topic Author
lindsaylou04
meh

No Subtitles

Post#1 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:36 pm

I'm not getting subtitles with my downloads. Sometimes I do, but most of the time I don't. I never realized how many movies have subtitles until I no longer had them lol. I download on Chrome. I've watched the movies on VLC, Windows Media Player, and the default player that came with Windows 10. Changing the player hasn't made a difference. When I right click on the video to see if subtitles are enabled, it says that I need to add a subtitle file. Hopefully there's a fix for this and thanks in advance for any help. -Lindsay

Off the top of my head... movies that didn't have subtitles:
Assassin's Creed
The Equalizer
Hildalgo
Wolverine
X-Men: First Class

Repdaddy
Relentlessly Obsessed

Re: No Subtitles

Post#2 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:16 am

Subtitles are only required for foreign language, so we do not check if they were added by the release groups. If you need them, they are readily available online by sites like opensubtitles.org. If you use vlc, there is an extension for it that automatically searches for and adds them to video files.
The internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

Topic Author
lindsaylou04
meh

Re: No Subtitles

Post#3 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:54 pm

The VLC thing works so far, although it's a bit tricky to find the files that are for the non-english parts. But I got it to work for The Equalizer and Hidalgo. Thanks for the help!

Return to “Win 10”