meh

Blank tab all sources

Post#1 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:17 pm

Windows 10 Pro
Surface Pro 3
Firefox ( 54.0.1 )
Xfinity/Comcast and unknown*
USA ( Illinois and Washington state )
*I was travelling across the US to move, and I don't know the ISPs at all the hotels. I was at different hotels each day from June 30 until 3 days ago. My previous home and current residence both have Xfinity/Comcast for the ISP.

Stopped working sometime after July 1st, no new programs/add-ons or anything installed since then. Successfully downloaded Doctor Who s10e12, but failed the next day trying to download Ink Master, and since then also failed with Revolt, The Promise, and Dark Matter s3e6.

Every source opens a blank page if it opens anything at all, and never goes anywhere even if I let it sit for a while. I tried all sources multiple times to make sure it wasn't a fluke. I've cleared my cache, reinstalled Greasemonkey and IQS a few times, disabled my add-ons and tried with only Greasemonkey and IQS enabled, cleared my cookies, and everything else suggested on the forum. Nothing has worked at all. It worked on my PC which is Win7 but still using Firefox [ I'm in the middle of moving and only have my SP3 ]. Seriously needing some solutions. I also tried Opera and Chrome with no luck.

clovermala
no0b

Re: Blank tab all sources

Post#2 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:52 am

I have the same issue. Did you manage to work it out?
Thank you

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#3 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:39 pm

This is only happening on your surface pro win10 and not the other? There has to be something with the browser. I have a brand new $4700.00 gaming tower and it came pre loaded with firefox or did you say you had FF on on your SP3 already. Now a long time ago I got hit by a malicious super cookie that did this exact same thing ( But I thought Old age and Treachery would have killed him by now.) Do you have BetterPrivacy or some similar Super Cookie management device? You need to check this because some of them can cause actual damage to your rig as well as your health.

Did this help both of you?

Topic Author
sachi21
meh

Post#4 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:08 pm

clovermala wrote:I have the same issue. Did you manage to work it out?
Thank you

No, not fixed yet.

Topic Author
sachi21
meh

Post#5 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:14 pm

Russtronic™ wrote:This is only happening on your surface pro win10 and not the other? There has to be something with the browser. I have a brand new $4700.00 gaming tower and it came pre loaded with firefox or did you say you had FF on on your SP3 already. Now a long time ago I got hit by a malicious super cookie that did this exact same thing ( But I thought Old age and Treachery would have killed him by now.) Do you have BetterPrivacy or some similar Super Cookie management device? You need to check this because some of them can cause actual damage to your rig as well as your health.

Did this help both of you?

No, nothing was pre-installed on the SP3. I prefer Firefox over Edge, so it's one of the first things I installed. I've kept it updated with a very minimum number of add-ons and such - literally only have IQS and GM for Icefilms, AdBlock, New Tab Tools, Classic Theme Restorer, and FB Purity, then just Flash, some codecs, and that's it.

I don't have a cookie management anything. My brother hasn't had this issue on his Win10 PC, and he doesn't have anything like that either.

[ Uh, how exactly can one's health be affected by this...? Beyond stress, obviously. ]

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#6 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:08 pm

OK as I said I have used BetterPrivacy for a number of years now with no complaints, but you are free to choose whatever you like. I will give you the link to start you on your journey to enlightenment as to Super Cookies. as there are many. There are LSO's for tracking, then there are bad ones for worms, then there are ones that try to steal your info, then the ones that try to access your perif's such as cam's and kybd's or mon's to sent cyclic blink's to try to cause seizure or many other things. Having a good SC (Super Cookie) Mgmnt add on is just as important as Virus Protection nowadays..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_cookie#Supercookie

Topic Author
sachi21
meh

Post#7 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:41 am

Russtronic™ wrote:OK as I said I have used BetterPrivacy for a number of years now with no complaints, but you are free to choose whatever you like. I will give you the link to start you on your journey to enlightenment as to Super Cookies. as there are many. There are LSO's for tracking, then there are bad ones for worms, then there are ones that try to steal your info, then the ones that try to access your perif's such as cam's and kybd's or mon's to sent cyclic blink's to try to cause seizure or many other things. Having a good SC (Super Cookie) Mgmnt add on is just as important as Virus Protection nowadays..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_cookie#Supercookie

So I installed a cookie manager and cleared all cookies and everything, disabled all other add-ons and stuff, cleared my cache a few times too, went through the requisite restarts of Firefox.... and still nothing has changed whatsoever.

Edit: Reinstalled Firefox and after installing GM and IQS, it worked. So I reinstalled one ad-on at a time to make sure it worked, and it stopped working yet again after they were all installed. So I reinstalled Firefox again and after reinstalling GM and IQS... doesn't work. So I don't know wtf is wrong.

etherealghost
meh

Post#8 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:15 am

I'm having the same problem. Just got a refurbished Surface Pro 2, did a clean upgrade to Windows 10, erasing evth, all apps, all files. Installed Chrome and Firefox fresh with only IQS extension (+GM for FF) and all sources go to blank tab. Searched forums and online but nothing has worked so far. Is this affecting all tablets? Any suggestions or ideas?

Topic Author
sachi21
meh

Post#9 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:12 pm

And now after 2 more reinstalls and 2 more failures, I think I'm done. The site is now giving me pop-ups that look like legitimate Windows Defender and other stuff, which I know are potentially lethal ads.... or rather, malware. What the actual fuck? Seriously. I totally understand and could support if the lesser of two evils ( disabling AdBlock ) wasn't some shitty full-screen ads that interrupt my experience at every click, but you have shit that is obvious, blatant malware calling itself an "ad". I KNOW you don't want people to just say screw you because of ads like that, and I know you can tell whoever is putting the ads here to knock that shit off. There is no reason you have to just roll over and let them nail you without lube, especially when the ads are malware, plain and simple.

I'm pretty sure this is an issue with the script rather than my system since I've only been able to make it work randomly without changing other parameters. I would not have been able to get it to work otherwise, then seen it fail on subsequent fresh, clean installations. I'm really disappointed, since I've used IF for several years now. Don't bother responding, I guess. I've seen the other responses before to any comments whatsoever about ads, the script, etc.

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#10 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:54 am

`There has to be a ---- What is your primary browser setting???? I have an Idea of what this is. And Always Leave Redirect Protection On!! I use Adblock on ALL HOST SITES!!! They are not part of our team. WE HAVE NO CONTROL OVER THEY'RE CONTENT OR ADVERTISEMENTS!!! We only provide links to content already up on the net.

Topic Author
sachi21
meh

Post#11 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:46 pm

Russtronic™ wrote:`There has to be a ---- What is your primary browser setting???? I have an Idea of what this is. And Always Leave Redirect Protection On!! I use Adblock on ALL HOST SITES!!! They are not part of our team. WE HAVE NO CONTROL OVER THEY'RE CONTENT OR ADVERTISEMENTS!!! We only provide links to content already up on the net.

It's not the host site giving me the pop ups, it's any click on IF. I always keep AdBlock on when visiting the source links, but they aren't the issue since I can't even fucking get to them from here. And you CAN complain to the person who puts the ads on your site. You don't have to just roll over and accept whatever they force on you.

I don't know what you mean by "primary browser setting". Do you mean my default browser? Why would that setting matter? It's Firefox anyway.
Also, I don't know what "Redirect Protection" is/where the option is/etc.

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#12 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:46 pm

We do get some and we try to pull them as fast as we find them (Please let us know in here when you do so we can kill them.) POP-UP killer is a setup in FF or most all browsers as a standard sec. feature. But you have to turn it on.Also there is another security feature that you might want to look into that may take care of this problem. It is called Ghostery. It blocks the things that you are talking about. and also gives warning to treats.

Repdaddy
Sex Robot

Post#13 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:12 am

Firefox blocks pop up windows. Pop up and pop under ads are not windows, therefore firefox does not and can not block them without utilizing an extension.
The internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

etherealghost
meh

Post#14 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:48 am

Can anyone confirm that IF works with tablets using Win 10? Like I previously said, I got a new refurbished SP2 and have not had success with source links working. FF, Chrome, Opera, nothing. They all go to a blank tab. This is coming from a fresh install/upgrade to Win 10. Did I get a bum tablet (I can still return it) or is there a setting somewhere I’ve missed? I’ve unstalled/reinstalled FF and Chrome and still the same result. There are no super cookies or any cookies since this is coming from a fresh install with no apps/files on it.

Is this happening on all tablets with Win 10? Or have some reported success?

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#15 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:44 pm

Ghost we will need more info. Are you seeing the page that directs you to the host sites? And when you go to select a host are getting a blank page?

And Rep there are What Appear to be Pop Ups to others, so please try to explain. I Like The Ones That Say I Am Infected By Some Kind Of Malware. Those Appear to be Pop Up's to me Rep as they are flashing in the middle of my screen and not on a different page. I can't place when the last time was I saw this but it wasn't that long ago.

Return to “Win 10”