Missing Divx Play button on IQS

Please follow Help Section Guide Lines as we are Not (Contrary to Popular Beliefs) as Omniscient as we would like to be. So Please Impart As Much Info As You Can.

Moderators: Russtronic™, Way, Omen, Abe

Forum rules
Please follow Help Section Guide Lines as we are Not (Contrary to Popular Beliefs) as Omniscient as we would like to be. So Please Impart As Much Info As You Can.

Topic Author
Average User

Missing Divx Play button on IQS

Post#1 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:05 am

Today I noticed the IQS player for Firefox doesn't have the divx play button anymore. Is this change permanent? Is the divx streaming option gone?

I love IQS and the divx streaming option.

I'm using windows 10 32 bit Firefox browser.

Repdaddy
Sex Robot

Re: Missing Divx Play button on IQS

Post#2 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:29 am

Firefox has been announcing they will discontinue npapi support for over a year now. They finally ended it with Firefox 52, which came out last week. DivX webplayer is npapi, so it is gone until DivX develops something compatible. Chrome is following suit.

http://m.slashdot.org/story/322115
The internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

Topic Author
Average User

Re: Missing Divx Play button on IQS

Post#3 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:03 pm

Thanks! I remember reading about this issue a long time ago but I guess Firefox finally stopped support for npapi.

I solved the issue by installing an older version of Firefox and then reinstalling IQS.

Return to “Streaming Issues.”