Some Helpful Hints About Incomplete Files...

Mostly praise goes here. And anything icefilms or scene related that doesn't fit anywhere else. NO REQUESTS. NO TECHNICAL ISSUES. NO ideas or feature requests.

Moderators: Omen, Rasa

Topic Author
Lem
Heart on for IceFlims

Some Helpful Hints About Incomplete Files...

Post#1 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:55 pm

Shalmainia wrote:Lots of reports of incomplete file uploading recently 0_o

Then allow me to offer a solution.

To Uploaders: If you get an incomplete instant, drop the file in megamanager and it will fix it everytime.

To Linkhunters: Check your links. If you get one that you know the file size is too small for the length of video then I guess find another link. Or contact an uploader. Whatever works.

All the rest is for noobs who are trying to learn to become one of the above: Mega can be tricky. It's known for giving incomplete files as download links when you get an instant return attempting to upload something that it already has on it's servers. Noone really knows the cause for this, maybe incomplete intial uploads, (not likely since Mega doesn't give links unless upload completes) or maybe it's MegaUpload trying to save a little space here and there. Either way using MegaManager will fix it. Usually instantly.

Typical File Sizes:

Standard XviD/DivX/DVDrip/.avi with a runtime of an hour and a half or so: No less that 680-700. Anything less is either incomplete or terrible quality and you don't want either, so to hell with that file/link. It just has to stay under a gig unless you're willing to split and re-upload and/or convert.

Standard XviD/DivX/HDTVrip/.avi with a runtime of an hour or so: No less than 350. Some will argue and say "I find them at 300 a lot" and ok, fine. But if you're going for quality look for file sizes between 350-550 as a general rule. 550 being awesome quality. This is especially the case in premium shows like True Blood and Dexter.

Standard XviD/DivX/HDTVrip/.avi with a runtime of a half an hour or so: 175 MB for American releases and 233 for British.

Standard XviD/DivX/TVrip/.avi with a runtime of a half an hour or so: Noone's even still reading at this point so I can say whatever the hell I want. All this thinking is killing my buzz.

Those sizes do not apply to other video formats like .mp4, .mkv, and whatever else. But if your purpose is IceFilms related, .avi is all you need.

ImageImageImageImage

Shalmainia
Overachiever

Re: Some Helpful Hints About Incomplete Files...

Post#2 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:09 am

I read it all actually :P Mostly because my name was in there :red:
Donate to IceFilms today!

Signature by TMRKD

"Governments of the Industrial World, you weary giants of flesh and steel, I come from Cyberspace, the new home of Mind. On behalf of the future, I ask you of the past to leave us alone. You are not welcome among us. You have no soverignty where we gather." A Declaration of the Independence of Cyberspace, John Perry Barlow

Projectgilda
AbeZ Apostle

Post#3 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:58 pm

You could have got away with writing some quality shit at the bottom. I read stuff like that (like titles and the end of films) 'cause sometimes you get some gems.
"And he that blasphemeth the name of the LORD, shall be put
to death, and all the congregation shall stone him".

Leviticus 24: 16

matty7910
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#4 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:10 pm

lem, the bottom of that was priceless.

knowone
code of Deez

Post#5 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:30 pm

If i ate brains, I would REALLY want to eat Lem's brain.

bboybram
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#6 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:42 pm

The Big Bang Theory and Everybody hates/loves Chris/Raymond are 175mb

So are My name is earl. How I met your mother etc.
Want IceFilms to have more TV Shows then: This List
Want IceFilms to have more Movies then : This List
So search a one that isn't on the site and add it.

macxtc
Out of work journalist

Post#7 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:47 pm

so why don't you call this thread Lem-ade..... [bud-dum-bump]

otis_driftwood
Oh my Santa!

Post#8 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:55 pm

:roll:

chickflick
meh

Post#9 » Wed May 26, 2010 3:26 am

Thankies for the Hints. They're really useful, I experience these stuff sometimes and it frustrates me...Good thing you're here. :)
Last edited by three5andeight on Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed spam sig

ZIPPY
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#10 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:27 am

Ye and there is a lot of posters with dumb ass spam sigs as well we are watching u.

Roamie92
no0b

Post#11 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:18 am

All the files of the newest Desperate Housewives episode (8x09 Putting it Together) are incomplete. They're all 40,2 mb in size. I also tried the newest Bones episode, where the files are the same size, but I got it last week from the same link and it was fine, so I don't really get it. I hope it'll be fixed soon.

Rimac
no0b

Post#12 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:08 am

if you have problems w/ d/l try IE, haven't had a 40.2 MB download since I started. I think megaupload doesn't go well with download managers

agelinaking
no0b

Post#13 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:37 am

bboybram wrote:The Big Bang Theory and Everybody hates/loves Chris/Raymond are 175mb

So are My name is earl. How I met your mother etc.

hmm this is a very much nice info thanks for sharing dude.. (h)

Return to “General Discussion / Feedback”