White Noise detected ??

Mostly praise goes here. And anything icefilms or scene related that doesn't fit anywhere else. NO REQUESTS. NO TECHNICAL ISSUES. NO ideas or feature requests.

Moderators: Omen, Rasa

Topic Author
nindy
meh

White Noise detected ??

Post#1 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:58 pm

Hi,

Quick question please, hope someone can help. Recently every time I download a movie from various sources, and play it back I have started to see a pattern when playing them back. Every 1/ 2 second I get a white noise which lasts for a milli second.

Anyone else come across this ? Is there a resolution for this ( using Chrome with tamper monkey etc.. via macbook pro)

Any advice appreciated, great site BTW !!

:))))

Repdaddy
Relentlessly Obsessed

Re: White Noise detected ??

Post#2 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:40 pm

What is your viewing method?
The internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

Topic Author
nindy
meh

Post#3 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:37 am

Via a Android G midnight box set up as a media streamer, movies are downloaded onto a NAS drive.

Topic Author
nindy
meh

Post#4 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:47 am

Update ...

Just tried viewing the files on my Macbook and no white noise. I guess its related to the Android streamer, maybe requires an update or something ??

Repdaddy
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#5 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:55 am

White noise is very often due to a bad connection or crappy cable. If the files play fine when viewing directly from a different device, one of these is most likely the culprit in your set-up.
The internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

Topic Author
nindy
meh

Post#6 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:44 pm

I will swap over the HDMI lead, I suspect it maybe something to do with the Android software ( OS).

Thanks !

Return to “General Discussion / Feedback”