sky UK just blocked access to icefilms :(

Mostly praise goes here. And anything icefilms or scene related that doesn't fit anywhere else. NO REQUESTS. NO TECHNICAL ISSUES. NO ideas or feature requests.

Moderators: Omen, Rasa

Topic Author
jocker01uk
meh

sky UK just blocked access to icefilms :(

Post#1 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:28 am

As in a topic. Will there be any solution for this? Other then changing broadband provider! Icefilms plugin also blocked!
I'm gutted!
Regards
Jocker01uk

zxcdewqas
no0b

Re: sky UK just blocked access to icefilms :(

Post#2 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:58 am

talktalk blocked it today too :(
but http://80.82.65.150/ still works :)

lindochi
no0b

Post#3 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:57 pm

i've managed to find what i want on opera turbo browser, click the download link, copy url and paste into chrome browser to download.

yakutz
meh

Post#4 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:58 pm

Using the IP address, but it doesn't seem to have IQS enabled & I can't download anything? Am I being an idiot?

Topic Author
jocker01uk
meh

Post#5 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:24 pm

zxcdewqas wrote:talktalk blocked it today too :(
but http://80.82.65.150/ still works :)

This might work on laptops but how to make it work on atv?

DGTA
meh

Post#6 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:56 am

~Blocked on Virgin also.

I bought a VPN subscription for £6/month - problem solved.

jocker01
no0b

Post#7 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:57 am

I purchased access to VPN and website is working ok on my laptop but now struggling to set it up on openelec.
Anybody know how? please?

acantho
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#8 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:13 am

There's been 14 court orders blocking 88 sites since May 2012 in the UK

Not brought by the government but they've encouraged them at the very least, indeed Cameron wants a "kill switch" for the internet and "specific sites" his own words! The guy is an idiot - I got here via a proxy server - can't seem to DL though - click on DL link & it just reloads the page - not sure how to get around that.

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#9 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:29 am

Look at other posts on this subject I will be merging them all soon. I found a solution for you all in one of them.

marieukxx wrote:I've got the same trouble. If you just download the chrome browser thenn to that and the addon called zenmate. Once that's installed that's it you don't have to do anything else. When you wanna go to ice just use the chrome browser and it takes you there no problems.

Repdaddy
Sex Robot

Post#10 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:47 pm

Firefox and safari have similar extensions.
The internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#11 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:26 pm

Haven't I taught you better boy!!! List them!!!!

Repdaddy
Sex Robot

Post#12 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:18 am

Been a while since I had to deal with censorship issues so I got it all fucked up. First off, replace what I said about Safari and replace it with Opera. If Ice is blocked and you use Opera, you should be able to access by simply turning on turbo. As for Firefox, it is not an extension. What I was recalling was actually a browser based on Firefox that runs through the tor network(it was called piratebrowser) but does not mask your identity. It was purely for routing around cencorship. I will keep an eye on this topic and dig for solutions as much as time allows me. The blue part of my Sig is there for a reason. :p
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#13 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:02 am

(bow) (bow) Much better I am proud of you! And you are right about the FF browser. My question is are they blocking our name, or complete access. If they can get to the forum then they should be able to get to the site. I wish I had a track of whats happening to propose a workaround like the IQS.

Lone Browncoat
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#14 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:12 am

For the poor sods in the UK, if they can read this;

Code: Select all

https://alkasir.com/
http://www.cyberphoenix.org/forum/topic/179238-100-free-tools-for-you-to-access-blocked-sites/

Spread the word to those that still can't login here.

Thank You to Russtronic™ for my sig!

Repdaddy
Sex Robot

Post#15 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:38 pm

@Russ:I believe it is by Url. In which case one simply needs to add add our ip address to their host file to work around this.

Return to “General Discussion / Feedback”