No likey !!!FORUM ISSUES!!!

Mostly praise goes here. And anything icefilms or scene related that doesn't fit anywhere else. NO REQUESTS. NO TECHNICAL ISSUES. NO ideas or feature requests.

Moderators: Omen, Rasa

Topic Author
Repdaddy
Sex Robot

No likey !!!FORUM ISSUES!!!

Post#1 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:20 am

It is so bright it makes my eyeballs bleed. (chuckle)
The internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

Russtronic™
The One

Re: No likey

Post#2 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:59 am

It is being worked on..

fatgirlstryhard
Relentlessly Obsessed

Re: No likey

Post#3 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:26 am

work faster!! hrhr. :)

Topic Author
Repdaddy
Sex Robot

Re: No likey !!!FORUM ISSUES!!!

Post#4 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:18 am

Anybody experiencing glitches with the forum; repairs are being made. For full board functionality go to user cp and switch board theme preference to "prosilver" until the kinks are ironed out.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

Lone Browncoat
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#5 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:05 pm

Repdaddy wrote:It is so bright it makes my eyeballs bleed. (chuckle)

Ditto!

(chuckle)

Thank You to Russtronic™ for my sig!

Melting Point
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#6 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:55 pm

The 'look' of the new design is nice (though I miss my previous style choice, but I can't remember its name), however...

You can no longer see the user & timestamp of the most recent post for each section from the main forum index screen. You have to open each subforum individually to see this info.

Is there a way to restore the latest timestamp/user display for all subforums on a single screen?

Also, you can't see the number of views a post has received, so if you post something, you have no way of knowing if anyone is even reading it (unless they post a reply).

My Summary: Nice style, but less substance.

Topic Author
Repdaddy
Sex Robot

Post#7 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:48 pm

Original post was referring to the prosilver theme. Options before were twighlite and acidtech. They are no llonger an option as they are outdated. Yup...the layout does need some tweeking, I will agree. Let us just call it a work in progress.

Abe
AbeZ Apostle

Post#8 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:21 pm

Melting Point wrote:The 'look' of the new design is nice (though I miss my previous style choice, but I can't remember its name), however...

You can no longer see the user & timestamp of the most recent post for each section from the main forum index screen. You have to open each subforum individually to see this info.

Is there a way to restore the latest timestamp/user display for all subforums on a single screen?

Also, you can't see the number of views a post has received, so if you post something, you have no way of knowing if anyone is even reading it (unless they post a reply).

My Summary: Nice style, but less substance.

Thanks for identifying the missing features in this style. I wish we had more options in terms of forum styles right now, but we are kind of limited. I was trying to migrate the old style, TwilightBB, but there are just too many functions that are broken in the old template. You can switch your theme in User Control Panel -> Board Preferences to one that is more functional (prosilver or prosilver-dark). You'll notice I attempted to make a dark version of the default prosilver style but it ended up being very ugly. If you or someone else wants to fix that ugly CSS, I'd be happy to update the style.

EDIT:
On second thought, I think I totally just fixed the forum index (rock). Lemme know what you think.
Last edited by Abe on Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed the forum index
"Lets burn this mother down!"

* ALL SUPPORT REQUESTS VIA PM WILL BE IGNORED. INSTEAD, SEARCH THE FORUM, POST, OR START A NEW TOPIC.

Russtronic™
The One

Post#9 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:00 am

I think its awesome!

Melting Point
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#10 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:17 am

Abe wrote:On second thought, I think I totally just fixed the forum index (rock). Lemme know what you think.

Latest timestamp and name of member posting for each subforum is now visible from the main forum index - thanks!

However, when you go to a subforum, the number of views a particular post has received is still not being displayed. If it's technically possible (and relatively easy to implement), it would be nice to have, but it's not super important. Some boards have never displayed this info (IMDb is one example), but icefilms used to have this feature, so now I notice that it's missing.

EDIT: I just discovered that if I do a forum search (or simply click on a summary of my own posts), I get a count of the views for each thread displayed, so the information is still being calculated. Now whether it's worth the effort to re-enable that count from the submenus, I'll leave that decision to you. But at least I now know an alternate way to view that information if I want to.

Abe
AbeZ Apostle

Post#11 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:05 pm

When I go to a subforum, the number of views is displayed in a column. However, this forum is now using a responsive design which means some information disappears on a narrow screen (like a phone or tablet). You can simulate this on a desktop browser by dragging the width of your browser window.
"Lets burn this mother down!"

* ALL SUPPORT REQUESTS VIA PM WILL BE IGNORED. INSTEAD, SEARCH THE FORUM, POST, OR START A NEW TOPIC.

Melting Point
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#12 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:22 am

Abe wrote:which means some information disappears on a narrow screen (like a phone or tablet).

(Or when you increase the magnification of your screen to compensate for a 19" monitor and crappy vision!) Got it - I reduced my screen magnification and the number of views are now visible (though a bit blurry).

Does iceFilms offer grants for larger monitors (or Lasik surgery)? (nerd)

rodentraiser
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#13 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:52 pm

If you get Lasik, I get Lasik.

By the way, I can read everything on my monitor just fine. I just want to get rid of my %^&(%^ glasses.

Return to “General Discussion / Feedback”