Download Problems

Mostly praise goes here. And anything icefilms or scene related that doesn't fit anywhere else. NO REQUESTS. NO TECHNICAL ISSUES. NO ideas or feature requests.

Moderators: Omen, Rasa

Topic Author
WileyX6931
no0b

Download Problems

Post#1 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:53 pm

Hello People At Icefilms,

I want to let you know that for years I have been coming to this site and it is awesome. I love everything that you have done with it and every time the site is down I am devastated.

Recently, I've been downloading movies and TV shows and it seems like 2/5 are corrupted downloads every time. I really wouldn't be to frustrated about it but the thing that drives me crazy is watching it and then the corruption happens right at the end of the Movie. I know it is the download because I run it through multiple players and it does the same thing, and then i go to another website to grab another copy and those downloads work just fine.

What made your site special is that you guys filter most of the bad eggs and keep to only good quality files that are uploaded to the site. Please dont turn into those other sites where they just let anything.

Other than this, you guys are doing an amazing job. Keep up the good work

Abe
AbeZ Apostle

Re: Download Problems

Post#2 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:49 pm

Maybe you can identify the bad links so someone can check them? It is possible that they are bad, but I have a feeling there is some other technical issue going on.
"Lets burn this mother down!"

* ALL SUPPORT REQUESTS VIA PM WILL BE IGNORED. INSTEAD, SEARCH THE FORUM, POST, OR START A NEW TOPIC.

Repdaddy
Sex Robot

Post#3 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:06 pm

Help us help you and everybody else. Report bad links in the bad link subforum of help/tech. I find it hard to believe 2 out of 5 sources you hit here are corrupted. Let us narrow this down right here in this thread so I can assist in remedying this situation.

First off, what is the corruption at the end of said files? Bear in mind that video missing closing credits are not a corruption. Credits are preferred and a plus, but not required.

Second, when you click on a source, it will display(below the box displaying the sources) the name of who added it and at what time. Have you noticed a pattern of said corrupted files with that name?

Lastly, what is the name of the release group in the filename? It should be indicated between the definition and extension.
The internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

Repdaddy
Sex Robot

Post#4 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:08 pm

Abe, you appeared like a ghost. Lol.
The internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

Return to “General Discussion / Feedback”