thanks, back to my routine ! yall ALL rule!

Mostly praise goes here. And anything icefilms or scene related that doesn't fit anywhere else. NO REQUESTS. NO TECHNICAL ISSUES. NO ideas or feature requests.

Moderators: Omen, Rasa

Topic Author
manycoloredcrow
meh

thanks, back to my routine ! yall ALL rule!

Post#1 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:41 am

here's to icefilms (beer)

Stan
Heart on for IceFlims

Re: thanks, back to my routine ! yall ALL rule!

Post#2 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:25 am

is it even legal to use icefilms now? i got dinged by the dmca with a warning so im afraid if i get dinged again there goes 5k.

Topic Author
manycoloredcrow
meh

Post#3 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:44 am

dunno, but thanks for including me in whatever you clicked yourself into

etimmy
meh

Post#4 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:00 pm

Stan wrote:is it even legal to use icefilms now? i got dinged by the dmca with a warning so im afraid if i get dinged again there goes 5k.

You sure it's not just another one of those bogus ads/scarewares the advertisers are throwing at Ice?

Stan
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#5 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:45 pm

No.

I got an email from my ISP giving me a warning. It was really specific. So I don't know if i should still be using this site or any other steaming sites for that matter.

Stan
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#6 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:50 am

blah im so worried that im just going stop streaming. its been a nice run icefilms. you have provided countless hours of entertainment for me!!!

Russtronic™
The One

Post#7 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:03 pm

Can I see a copy of these? Please. The DMCA have absolutely no way of tracking anything you do here The ISP may but they are Violating your rights if they do. As far as Streaming goes how can they tell if its us or Netflix? If they can then Big Brother is here.

Way
RedTek

Post#8 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:51 pm

Get a VPN ;)

Stan
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#9 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:24 am

Russtronic™ wrote:Can I see a copy of these? Please. The DMCA have absolutely no way of tracking anything you do here The ISP may but they are Violating your rights if they do. As far as Streaming goes how can they tell if its us or Netflix? If they can then Big Brother is here.

Sorry russ i no longer have those emails. i deleted it after mass google searching on what to do which told me to delete and ignore i ever gotten the email.

Aren't ISPs required by law to send their data to the dmca if someone is violating the dmca rules?

Way
RedTek

Post#10 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:34 pm

Stan wrote:Aren't ISPs required by law to send their data to the dmca if someone is violating the dmca rules?

Yes they are that's why I said get a VPN and hide what you do from them. They will only see you connecting to that one place after that they will only see data transfer that is encrypted. IE they don't know what it is or where it came from. They aren't that expensive you can normally get a good one for around $5 a month doing a yearly/6month deal. $50 a year seems cheep in my book to be safe + it will hide your location from others online, it's safer,ect. Do some research for your self.
Most of them will give you a testing period or a temporary testing server IE a day free. VPN's can slow your speed if you don't get a good one or one close enough to you that your speed isn't affected so shop around a test. I would do a speed test and note your ISP you have then test going through the VPN if it's really affected then try another/don't pay them.
Mine isn't bad I can't really notice 600kbs on my ISP speed package. Oh yea some allow P2P(torrents) some don't if that is your thing.
Oh yea you can use a free one but they are SLOW.

Hope it helps (Knowledge is Power) it never hurts to learn ;)

Russtronic™
The One

Post#11 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:45 am

But it goes back to How Do They Know! Ice is not a torrent. If it were then they might be able to track usage and then take you to court over it. BUT we are only a linking site ie. we only provide links to sites that have quasi anonymous titles for files that you can stream or download. They absolutely do not have the right (In the US and most other free countries)(( That is why in Great Britain they can try and block us but they cant arrest you for going there)) to monitor if you are looking at our web page or where you go from there.
They have ways of tracking Torrents as they are predominantly illegal everywhere and are monitored by the dmca. But depending what Country you are in is what your next step is. But if you are in the US and you got one of those for Ice then get a Lawyer and SUE the DOG SH!T out of them for Violation of your Civil Rights. Ice is not Illegal as it comes under our rights of Freedom of Speech, so why are they trying to stop you from visiting a Legal place on the Web?

Stan
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#12 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:46 pm

Im in Canada. So this site is legal to stream shows and movies?

Russtronic™
The One

Post#13 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:46 am

In the US I don't know about Canada. But if they are using Big Brother Tactics to stop you from doing something that isn't even Illegal in the US I would start a Protest that would be Taught in History Classes about.

Stan
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#14 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:48 am

you told me that the dmca has no way of tracking if im using icefilms or netflix or any other streaming sites. i guess that is enough for me to start streaming again.

Stan
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#15 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:07 am

just watched a movie. lets see if i get dinged...

Return to “General Discussion / Feedback”