AMERICAN DAD - Episode numbers....

Mostly praise goes here. And anything icefilms or scene related that doesn't fit anywhere else. NO REQUESTS. NO TECHNICAL ISSUES. NO ideas or feature requests.

Moderators: Omen, Rasa

Topic Author
WOOOOOT
no0b

AMERICAN DAD - Episode numbers....

Post#1 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:22 am

Can someone tell me why two sets of American Dad episodes keep being uploaded. They are numbered season 12 and 13.
So there will be a 12x19 and 13x19 uplodad sometimes on the same day. And many times these are duplicates....but not all the time! Can someone tell me why this is?

Repdaddy
Relentlessly Obsessed

Re: AMERICAN DAD - Episode numbers....

Post#2 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:30 pm

Because the bot "abe" does it every week.
The internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

Topic Author
WOOOOOT
no0b

Post#3 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:07 pm

But why is it a different episode sometimes, and other times a duplicate?

Repdaddy
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#4 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:55 pm

There is a release group that routinely puts out a release the day after the real release is out. Whatever they put out(wrong title, wrong season, right episode---whatever it may be), the bot picks it up and posts it. Most of the time, the bad release are labeled a season that is not even out yet. The bot has no idea it is not season 13 yet, and adds them because they are not yet in our database.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#5 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:09 pm

Suuuuure, blame it on the "Bot". Just kidding, now that the problem has seen light, it will also be added to the overwhelming workload already place on our team. (Working diligently in mothers basements, Worldwide.)

Topic Author
WOOOOOT
no0b

Post#6 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:34 am

I hope someone sorts it out. I ended up getting so many duplicates. So are all episodes labelled season 13 fake? It got really confusing becuase sometimes they are duplicates but sometimes they are not. But it could obviously be some older episdode...theres no way to tell unless you remember watching it.

Repdaddy
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#7 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:03 am

The only way it will get sorted is if the person running the bot reads this. I will fix errors here and there, because they do happen, bot or not. But I will not babysit somebody else's bot that constantly screws up. Season 13 is not out, might as well delete what you got.
P.S. the bot has been doing at least since last year, so you may have dupes for season 12 as well. Sorry about that, but there is no way for me to contact the bot owner. Hopefully he reads this and corrects.

Topic Author
WOOOOOT
no0b

Post#8 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:42 am

Thaks for replying, I will get rid of the season 13 episodes. You're right it's been happening for a long time now. It's only after I started remembering that I seen certain episodes before I started checking them to realize what's been happening. Hope the bot owner takes notice lol
(y)

Lone Browncoat
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#9 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:12 am

BECAUSE ever since the move from Fox Sundays to TBS, its been mixed up due to short seasons.
TBS is actually to blame.
Though go here to see broadcast times:

Code: Select all

http://www.tv.com/shows/american-dad/episodes/

It used to air Sundays on Global/Shaw here in the Great [not-so]White[anymore] North, then it also moved to Pay-TV on Bell's TeleToon network [at least I think its owned by BellMedia].

Thank You to Russtronic™ for my sig!

Return to “General Discussion / Feedback”