Hello all...question about downloading...

Mostly praise goes here. And anything icefilms or scene related that doesn't fit anywhere else. NO REQUESTS. NO TECHNICAL ISSUES. NO ideas or feature requests.

Moderators: Omen, Rasa

Topic Author
primwluv
no0b

Hello all...question about downloading...

Post#1 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:08 pm

Ok...please forgive me as I am not as computer savvy as most of you. I have a plex server and download movies on here however, I have had a few people "scare" me about getting in trouble from downloading on icefilms and watching on my plex server because they say I am "stealing" the movies....Should I be worried? Should I have some sort of block (if there is such a thing) on my computer so it can't be "seen".....someone give this mama some info and make me feel better.... (think)

rodentraiser
Heart on for IceFlims

Re: Hello all...question about downloading...

Post#2 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:09 pm

I don't really know what to tell you except I've been downloading movies here for the last 6 years and I haven't had any problem. My only problem would be if Comcast puts a cap on how much I can download in a month and they haven't done that yet in my area.

I'm not familiar with a plex server, so maybe someone else here who is more tech savvy than me can help you with that.

I am very cautious about who I talk to about Icefilms, though. If someone asks me a question on a forum about watching movies, I send them a PM rather than post on the forum itself. I mean I'll tell someone about Icefilms and talk about it if they are interested, but I don't go out and tell just anybody how I watch TV on my computer. Some people get a little weird about it.

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#3 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:52 pm

Are you calling me a ImageWierdo!?!?!?

Repdaddy
Sex Robot

Post#4 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:41 am

In most areas it is technically still legal. It is a rather gray area. If you are at all worried, Your best bet is to start with a vpn or an anonymizing browser such as TOR.
The internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

rodentraiser
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#5 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:04 pm

Russtronic™ wrote:Are you calling me a ImageWierdo!?!?!?

If the rubber ducky fits..... (rofl)

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#6 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:25 am

I insert them from the other end. Wanna See?

rodentraiser
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#7 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:32 pm

EWWWWW....NOOOOOOOO! Richard Gere and his gerbil were bad enough, but you and a rubber ducky.........words fail me....................

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#8 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:47 pm

ROTFFLMMAOTRDMFAOMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to “General Discussion / Feedback”