Has the website been running slow for anyone else the past two days?

Mostly praise goes here. And anything icefilms or scene related that doesn't fit anywhere else. NO REQUESTS. NO TECHNICAL ISSUES. NO ideas or feature requests.

Moderators: Omen, Rasa

Topic Author
RiotBoi
Heart on for IceFlims

Has the website been running slow for anyone else the past two days?

Post#1 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:07 am

Not looking for technical help, at least not yet. I'm guessing is not icefilms itself.
I just wanted to know if the website has been running slow for anyone else the past 2-3 days. So yes/no?

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Re: Has the website been running slow for anyone else the past two days?

Post#2 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:33 am

I really didn't want to say any thing, but it has been hittin the bottle a little hard lately. It may be time for an intervention.... Just kidding No I haven't noticed any speed problems..

Topic Author
RiotBoi
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#3 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:16 pm

Its working fine now. Ty for responding. A bit paranoid about my cable company monitoring my online time. Just started using cyberghost(wasn't the the cause of the slow down).

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#4 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:14 pm

Welcome to the Mental Health Hotline
If you are Obsessive Compulsive Press 1 Repeatedly....

If You Are Co-Dependent Ask Someone To Press 2 For You.

If You Have Multiple Personalities Press 3 4 5 n 6.

If You Are Paranoid We Know What You Are And What You Want Stay On The Line And We Will Trace Your Call..

If Your Delusional Press 7 And Your Call Will Be Transferred To The Mother Ship.

If You Are Schizophrenic Listen Carefully And A Small Voice Will Tell You Which Number To Press.

If You Are Depressive It Doesn't Matter Which Number You Press No one Will Answer You..

Topic Author
RiotBoi
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#5 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:55 pm

Well I got a letter from my cable company, something about illegally downloading grimm episodes(torrent) and they were blocking my internet access somewhat. I can't remember the exact words. So I had to get a vpn to go to d/l from file sharing websites like the ones linked from icefilms.

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#6 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:01 pm

We are not a file sharing site. The Links we provide are found by our Link Hunters on the webz. then we post them here for you. They are not torrent so there is no way to trace them at this time with avail tech base.

Topic Author
RiotBoi
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#7 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:10 am

Russtronic™ wrote:We are not a file sharing site. The Links we provide are found by our Link Hunters on the webz. then we post them here for you. They are not torrent so there is no way to trace them at this time with avail tech base.

Right, of course. But the file sharing websites themselves can be targeted yes?

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#8 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:16 pm

Yes they are. Thus the letter.

Repdaddy
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#9 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:21 pm

No, cyberlockers(file host sites like Icefilms uses) can not be "targeted" for data transfer from point a(host) to point b(you). Letters of notice do not originate from your ISP, they originate from anti-piracy companies and your ISP is obliged to pass it on. While Anti-piracy companies can log ip address when a targeted file is torrented(and it must be targeted), they simply can not do that with cyberlockers.
Isps generally do not give a crap what you do as long as you pay your bill. Isps monitoring for illegal downloads is a misconception. At most, they may throttle you if BitTorrent is detected. They could also block you from accessing sites, but that will only happen through court orders spanning a wide range of Ips.

Quoted from a torrentfreak article-
"How can I stop my ISP from spying on me?

During the past several years many hundreds of thousands of file-sharers have received letters or emails advising them that they’ve been monitored sharing copyrighted content without permission. As detailed above, many participated in BitTorrent swarms and had their IP addresses logged.

However, since the correspondence they initially receive usually comes from their Internet service provider (Comcast in the US, or Sky in the UK, for example), people believe that their ISP has been spying on them. That is simply not true.

In all ordinary circumstances, especially involving file-sharers, ISPs have no interest in monitoring their users. Not only would this present a legal minefield for service providers, doing so would also represent a logistical nightmare.

To be clear, anti-piracy companies monitor pirates and, broadly speaking, ISPs would rather not know what their users are doing. Some like to throttle (slow down) BitTorrent users but their interest generally ends there."

Hope this clears things up?
The internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

Topic Author
RiotBoi
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#10 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:25 pm

Repdaddy wrote:Hope this clears things up?

Yes. I mean I'm going to research it myself now, multiple sources and so forth, but my guess is you're right. Tyvm for the comment.

mariad
Average User

Post#11 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:47 am

RiotBoi wrote:Well I got a letter from my cable company, something about illegally downloading grimm episodes(torrent) and they were blocking my internet access somewhat. I can't remember the exact words. So I had to get a vpn to go to d/l from file sharing websites like the ones linked from icefilms.

Did you get your internet access back?

Topic Author
RiotBoi
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#12 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:58 am

mariad wrote:
RiotBoi wrote:Well I got a letter from my cable company, something about illegally downloading grimm episodes(torrent) and they were blocking my internet access somewhat. I can't remember the exact words. So I had to get a vpn to go to d/l from file sharing websites like the ones linked from icefilms.

I never lost it.

jimmm
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#13 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:38 pm

Couldn't download from site yesterday ..TOOOO slow had one up to a Day ..
Seems better today...did complain to my provider about download speeds and right or wrong working better today

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#14 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:47 am

There are a lot of variables that could apply there like hosts and times and titles. Need more info.

mariad
Average User

Post#15 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:18 am

RiotBoi wrote:
mariad wrote:

I never lost it.

No i actually i picked it from where you said they are blocking your internet connection, sorry if i misinterpreted.

Return to “General Discussion / Feedback”