hijacked links

Mostly praise goes here. And anything icefilms or scene related that doesn't fit anywhere else. NO REQUESTS. NO TECHNICAL ISSUES. NO ideas or feature requests.

Moderators: Omen, Rasa

Topic Author
Z is for Zoom
code of Deez

hijacked links

Post#1 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:02 pm

Hey, I understand the need for ads, pay the bills blah blah blah. But the recent addition of pop up ads when clicking normal links on the site (sources, next episode, prev episode, source links etc.) is really kind of crappy.

It used to be one thing when advertiser used to have aggressive pop-ups/pop unders, and you guys used to apologize when that crap used to happen, and vow to get rid of the offending advertisers... but now it seems you have bought into that...

Now, I appreciate this site and all it has done for me and everyone here, but frankly, if I can't trust that what I'm clicking on is actually what it says it is... then I need to remind you that there are plenty of other options out there. I'm a creature of habit and loyal by nature, but I am not a doormat and I'm tired of this deceptive annoying aggressive shit. Please reconsider this recent trend.
Z is for ZOOM and off you go!

boobies
Heart on for IceFlims

Re: hijacked links

Post#2 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:13 am

Quite annoying indeed.....
Last edited by boobies on Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
I like boobies, and TV Shows ;)
Sharing is carrying :P

Topic Author
Z is for Zoom
code of Deez

Post#3 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:03 pm

If I need a plug-in just to use a site (that I didn't use to need it for), then I'll skip the plug-in and the site. As I said, there's other options available. Plus, I shouldn't have to. Icefilms, I'm disappointed in ya's...

Abe
AbeZ Apostle

Post#4 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:42 am

That one popup on that one page only triggers for people who are blocking ads.

Disable your adblocker and you disable the popup. That's what I do. The unblocked ads are actually really nice. I think you'll enjoy them.

We are just trying to get by. Ad revenue isn't what it used to be. And while we appreciate all our users (even the ones who block our only income source), we do have to stay afloat. Thanks for understanding.
"Lets burn this mother down!"

* ALL SUPPORT REQUESTS VIA PM WILL BE IGNORED. INSTEAD, SEARCH THE FORUM, POST, OR START A NEW TOPIC.

Topic Author
Z is for Zoom
code of Deez

Post#5 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:27 pm

Actually, I don't use an ad blocker, I use a script blocker. And based on your past and current practices there is NO way I would ever disable it for this site.

Return to “General Discussion / Feedback”