/\ NEW HOSTs ADDED /\

Mostly praise goes here. And anything icefilms or scene related that doesn't fit anywhere else. NO REQUESTS. NO TECHNICAL ISSUES. NO ideas or feature requests.

Moderators: Omen, Rasa

Topic Author
boobies
Heart on for IceFlims

/\ NEW HOSTs ADDED /\

Post#1 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:13 am

Guys let us know what You think about new hosts we added, gounlimited and fileupload. First one, should make sure the files stay online A LOT longer, the second, actually allows the highest quality of downloads EVER, they dont reencode stuff, this might be good addition for quality freaks :) Looking forward to hear Your opinions.
b (highfive)
I like boobies, and TV Shows ;)
Sharing is carrying :P

narcolepticinsomniac
meh

Re: /\ NEW HOSTs ADDED /\

Post#2 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:22 pm

I've still been using icefilms for Openload TV episodes because the compression doesn't bother me for TV and they're usually pretty quick downloads. I've been getting higher quality MKVs for movies elsewhere because waiting around an hour per GB is ridiculous.

file-upload.com is definitely an improvement, seeing as how it's throttling at 2000 kb/s compared to 500 kb/s for supra and cloudy. At least you can download most movies in an hour, give or take, instead of 3-4+ hrs. When unthrottled, most download in 10-20 mins, so I'll still prefer the couple link sites where I can get those, but the new host is a much better fallback option.

I saw you responded to my other comment complaining about hosters, and no, I don't really have any great suggestions. Rar splits on Zippyshare are unthrottled, as are files < 5GB on Mega. I doubt they have any "partnership incentives" programs like others though, but maybe.

You guys have had some decent ones in the past, but not so much lately. Hopefully this is a step in the right direction.

glitch99
Average User

Post#3 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:11 pm

Please dont stop uploading to Openload too! I know compression is a thing, but the space/data savings is a worthy tradeoff.

CreamynDelicious
meh

Post#4 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:48 pm

The new hosts suxx. I get a phishing page telling me that Microsoft has detected a virus, blah, blah.
The others mentioned all have come ons for ads that never seem to take you to a link for dl. If they do, It's 17 hours to 1 day dl speed. Stoops, don't work that way. Going over to KODI til ya'll get this shit straight.

Topic Author
boobies
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#5 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:59 pm

Well, with a proper adblocker I have no single issue with any of them and their adds. There is clearly something You are doing wrong mate :(

CreamynDelicious
meh

Post#6 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:19 pm

Not so, man. For over 2 years I had no issues, didn't even need to run greasemonkey. I currently run Ad blocks, Ghostery and NoScript. Now, if I don't disable one or all of those I can't access the links.
So, it's not My end that's the issue.

Lookseasy
meh

Post#7 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:46 am

I like FileUpload - good quality and fast speeds. I just tried GoUnlimited for the first time and I must be doing something wrong because I couldn't get it to download. (said I need to upgrade to premium) Anyone know?
Also, I second the motion by Glitch99 to please keep openload around. It's not great on picture quality but it seems to be the only source for .mp4's. My Samsung TV will not play .mkv's. Does anyone know how I can get it to play them? The TV is less than a year old.
Thanks and I appreciate IceFilms very much!
Lookseasy

Topic Author
boobies
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#8 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:20 pm

Lookseasy wrote:I like FileUpload - good quality and fast speeds. I just tried GoUnlimited for the first time and I must be doing something wrong because I couldn't get it to download. (said I need to upgrade to premium) Anyone know?
Also, I second the motion by Glitch99 to please keep openload around. It's not great on picture quality but it seems to be the only source for .mp4's. My Samsung TV will not play .mkv's. Does anyone know how I can get it to play them? The TV is less than a year old.
Thanks and I appreciate IceFilms very much!

GOUnlimited downloading should be resolved now.

tpoolshark
meh

Post#9 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:54 pm

boobies wrote:Well, with a proper adblocker I have no single issue with any of them and their adds. There is clearly something You are doing wrong mate :(

Same here, ever since I started using ublock origin ive never had issues.
Back when I was using adblock / adblock plus, I'd still get tons of pop-ups and sometimes ads.
ublock origin is truly the best, and I can download from any site!
OpenLoad is of course still the best - OL is even better with ublock too!
With ublock there is not even a 5 second wait time, and zero pop ups.
#1 Extension imo

Return to “General Discussion / Feedback”