Protect Ice! Everyone who loves Ice should see this!

Mostly praise goes here. And anything icefilms or scene related that doesn't fit anywhere else. NO REQUESTS. NO TECHNICAL ISSUES. NO ideas or feature requests.

Moderators: Omen, Rasa

ezekiel
Average User

Re: Protect Ice! Everyone who loves Ice should see this!

Post#76 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:58 am

If people been watching the stream. Wisconsin is going to deny the bill :).

Topic Author
Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#77 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:55 pm

I have watched the hearings today and was sickened by them. There was only one group of commercial supporters for this. And tens of thousands of commercial and private against it. But they are just going through the motions as if it is already law. So now I must take my 5yr old's Barny mp3 player away so she is not subject to arrest. They admitted that this bill could make 100's of thousands of Americans lawbreakers overnight. Please if this should pass we Americans can fight from within with jokes parody's and Lawsuits against the Govt. Our worldly family can help even more by making the US govt. a derisive laughing stock. It Is.

scottmajere
meh

Post#78 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:02 pm

I would like to do something unfortunatly I am in a different country.

ezekiel
Average User

Post#79 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:35 pm

Yes I know this is sad because despite what this Bill says in some form they all want this to pass because how this states to piracy, but like what those have been saying that go against this bill form they believe this is a rush because if this was passes over night which it won't because it has to go to the house of senators to be debated about again and voted there again then off to the president. But if this is made over night the Attorney General would have a very powerful rights to tare down what you have and any site that anyone that would make one complaint about. Just think about it, if you put something up on a site anyone not just a movie or music producer can make a complaint and then your right on the internet is taking from you even the site would be shut down. You would be looking at prison time 3 times the amount of value that is made to be put out in public. So one movie you DLed say it took $500,000 to make three times of that would 1.5 million which is BS. Read the whole Bill here:

http://judiciary.house.gov/hearings/pdf/112hr3261.pdf

Anyways if this is Passed the internet we know it will be shut down, because of any speculation on anything from someone not liking you would put you close to prison or pay out the rest of your life. Now the only thing that does seem ridiculous is that what one of the chairman has said. That this must be taking to court before the AG(Attorney General) says anything because if any Judge with the right sense of mind would be judgmental against this and wouldn't dare to throw someone in prison just doing a petty theft but to this Bill that will not happen. You and that site will be shut down, the FBI would come to your house take your computer and scan through it and if anything that shows you have or are doing so to have any copyright material you go straight to jail and off to prison. It is like you have murdered someone and kept it a secret. That is how screwed up this bill is and sadly the motions that are trying to amend points of this bill is not being changed. I can't say if this bill will be a law, but it will be going off to it next destination. It is going to do so because how this is focused on piracy and for anyone doing or Downloading any form of material that is piracy or have anything of a sort is basically looking at going away for a long time and alot of sites will be shut down. I know I am making it sound like this has passed already but I am just clarifying what this bill is about. The only thing that I know needs to be looked at is how for the AG to catch this stuff over the internet by shutting off part of the DNS which would be screwing up the internet protocols. If this is passed overnight I fear the internet would be shut down entirely for awhile to figure out how to have control over this. It is sad. This is another Hearing going on early today on FBI oversight that goes on with this that was a hour before this, it was on about how the FBI deals with cyber crime and what is being done and how can this be stopped overnight. It is scarey what is going on but to be prepared for this it is best to start doing family time or your life is fucked.

I am still watching and will do all I can to keep you guys updated. This is against freedom of speech but to these people it is not because once you steal you are a criminal.

Updated: HA, they just got done debating about the IP address to any site and how easy it is to connect to. A chairman stated "a 10 year old can do this", sadly in away it is possible. They want to amend in to even take full control on IP addresses. We are screwed if this is Passed.

Update: The committee is closed for the night and they debated about alot of things that deal with the handling how some one will be processed if found guilty with copyright material. Alot was said and not much was amended so this bill is going to be pushed but more will be debated about this tomorrow.

RISUG
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#80 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:12 pm

The only way I can see this being enforceable is to all but paralyze the current infrastructure of the internet...yet I'm worried all the same.

Don't want anyone to break into your house; so you burn it down?

What will they do when millions actively and regularly seek to "break the law" in an act of protest?

Cheh.

Shall be very interesting.
Honesty is praised, and starves.

~ Juvenal

ezekiel
Average User

Post#81 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:54 am

This was all that was Amended:

Please note that you have to look onto the original Bill to cross reference with what was Amended: The original Bill

http://judiciary.house.gov/hearings/pdf/112hr3261.pdf

What was Amended:

http://judiciary.house.gov/hearings/pdf ... 0voice.pdf

this is good one by the way, if in a case you are took to court the one who make the complaint against you will have to pay the court fees and lawyer fees. So basically you can find any lawyer you want and get him or her for free because the Movie or Record industry will pay for it. HA HA Bastards, which would also look on the favor of those that use the internet would those that take someone to court want to pay for that? It is still all a mess but much needs to be done yet.

This would cease over seas for allowing content be allow shown or permitted in the US, to me that is screwed up when the internet is world wide but to what was all said in the debate this sounds more like they want to privatize the internet only to US and those outside the US will be privatize to their country. It is all screwed up.

This is the link to what was all failed and called in: http://judiciary.house.gov/hearings/mark_12152011.html

It will resume later today. Will keep you guys updated on what is all going on.

Bisc
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#82 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:46 am

Thanks for keeping us updated ezekiel.

I'm not too familiar with how US politics work. If I understand this right the House Judiciary Committee is now defining the parameters of the Piracy Act and will then send it to the house floor to decide if it passes. Is that correct?
I used to be a lot like you, now I'm only me. - Boysetsfire

ezekiel
Average User

Post#83 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:22 am

Yes, To understand it better. A complaint is first made to your a congressmen and he or she over sees it and figures out if there should be Law. If he or she agrees and there is enough evidence and supports then a Bill is wrote up. Before the Bill becomes a Law It must good through each of the House parties before it get to the president. First goes to house of Representatives, it get debated then amended and talked about how a Bill should be a Law, if enough is Amended or changed from its standard form and none of the Representatives decide this should be a Law then the Bill is dead on that House. But if nothing or no much is amended then it will be pushed on to the next house where it will happen again. But before the Bill does become fully dead it will be rewritten to be more Lawful and understand and tried under the United States Congressional Acts then it is sent back to the House of Representatives and it will be debated and Amended again but if the Bill that is rewritten that doesn't contain points from previous form of the Bill where the Bill is totally rewritten in a different way that is not of or like of the original Bill then the Bill is Dead and can't be reclaimed.

As of right now with this Bill it is looking like it is going on to the floor of the House of Senators, where the same procedure is token into effect as it was done on the House of Representatives. But on this Floor they will debate heavily on how this will be a Law and if does it follow the Unit States Constitution, which the House of Representatives has to make Amend before hand to show proof and follow the US Statuettes to be noticeable that this Bill can be followed and made into a Law. If this Bill doesn't show enough reason which I don't see it does it is more about giving Power then following the United States Constitution, but despite that it can still be pushed from that floor to the presidents desk and where he signs it to become a Law or it is vetoed out by a Governor of the State that where the Bill was first created then it goes to the house of Legislature where it needs 2/3s of the house to be consider a veto if not then it goes to the Secretary of State to go through its process to become a Law and back onto the presidents desk. But again if the President for sees this Bill is not enough to be a Law and feels strongly that this doesn't pertain to the US Constitution even he the President can veto it out on his own behalf. But before it gets there it has to go through the house of Senators and even there it can be denied and sent out and rewritten and back to the House of Representatives to be debated about again but by that time there will be no need to and the Bill is dead. Which is some case about 60% of the Bills to be token out of the House of Senators do become dead because the House of Representatives don't have time to argue about the same damn thing over and over again. It is to much BS. That is how a Law is created in a nut shell.

Bisc
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#84 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:14 am

Thank you for the explanation. As a non US citizen it was hard to follow the process .
I used to be a lot like you, now I'm only me. - Boysetsfire

Topic Author
Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#85 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:48 am

The problem with this one is It is Blatantly Tailored to a specific group but it affects everyone. And the Detractors are the ones who built the internet, and they are being completely denied voice and ignored in they're concern over the problems this could create.
So these people have a plan and it doesn't involve any concern for the rights of US citizens.
That should have been enough to get it thrown out. So I think we should follow the money! Anyone voting yes must have been promised a very nice xmas present.

ezekiel
Average User

Post#86 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:13 am

That is one big concern that they opened with and why this bill shouldn't be pushed so fast.

If anyone wants to watch the next proceedings this is the link: http://judiciary.house.gov/hearings/mark_12152011.html

Dated 12/16/11

Again please note that you will need Winamp or any program that allows you to watch Webcast.

I will be watching a little but have things to do today but will be recording with Fraps running in the background to watch later. The second reading hasn't started yet so not much is happening. But it is 10:00am in Eastern time but I think about 9:30 central time about 10:30 in eastern things should be happening.

Update: Proceedings are now in session and roll call is being taken. If anyone is for the US Constitution and for freedom of speech please join in and watch.

The_Tru_Blu
meh

Post#87 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:10 pm

i'm against the idiots that tape it in the movie theatre and they should be charged, not for copyright infringement,but, for shitty quality.

however, once it's out on dvd, it's out of the people associated with the movie's control and should be shared. Screw everyone paying 30 or more dollars for Braveheart re-released on blu-ray.

as for t.v. shows, maybe if the networks did a better job of re-showing it more often throughout the week and not on a certain day, at a certain time, we wouldn't rely so much on file sharing.

I appreciate networks like AMC who usually do marathons of their shows thorughout the season and show them throughout the week and back-to-back.

I also appreciate icefilms and all their contributors and ofcourse MegaUpload.

Kahli
meh

Post#88 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:27 pm

There's only a certain amount of time in a day ( or week, month, or year ) in which to air programs, not to mention the cost of showing it and time for all the other programs and all advertisements. There's simply no way for a network with a single channel to be able to show everything they would like to show, and then add extra airings for anyone who may have missed it. This is not a difficult concept to understand: networks make money by airing the shows and advertisements ( which pay for the costs of the shows ). If they cut down on advertisements, they lose money and could lose all financial backing from that company, and then they couldn't air the shows even once.

There are a few small networks who are able to please people like AMC does, but take a look at what else they air, how much it costs to air it, who they're affiliated with ( other networks? ), and compare it to say... HBO or Fox.

I don't agree with this bill at all, I really hope that people come to their senses and look at the research that's been going on. Hollywood is not losing money because of file sharing. It's been proven that people who pirate/file-share are actually much more likely to buy a dvd or whatever than someone who does not. Also, the movies and shows we get? They're coming straight from the source, assistants and such who 'illegally download' things themselves.

I also have to laugh at the whole music video thing from MegaUpload. Universal Music is apparently full of d-bags. Great job with the vid though, MU rocks.

ezekiel
Average User

Post#89 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:05 am

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/new ... -postponed

The Bill Debate is being postpone until sometime next year. I kind of figured this would happen and more it does the bill is lesser of a chance to be a Law because if it does keep getting pushed congress isn't going to continue something that is not that important. Again the Bill has to follow the US Constitution if it doesn't it doesn't become a Law. My Fiance's Dad keeps telling me to stop reading the BS on the net because they do this crap to scare everyone to think different because he knows himself that the internet is too wide and will continue to grow to stop that is like stopping a large rock border rolling down a steep hill. They may try to stop it but more likely things are not going to change. He doesn't like the fact there is piracy because he is a cartoonist himself for the our local newspapers and if someone stolen his art work he would be pissed because how they can make money off of it and that is where the problems occur that people DL Movies and Music and sell them. But just to stream them is no problem even if you are DLing them and watching them on your computer or DLing them to watch on you DVD players or what not but to sell them is wrong. I do see that too and I agree, I don't own a TV I have 4 computers in my House that are connected to either our 40 inch TV or to Wall Flat screen TVs and to a Surround Systems from Creative or Klipsch. I Don't DL Movies, Games, and Music to sell I DL them to have them on. They may not be as DVD or Blue ray quality for Movies or be Rich quality in Music because once you rip a CD on to your computer you lose the bit format is down grades a lot. People may disagree but there is a big difference from the original format on the CD to your computer. Like MP3, WMV, Oegg, MIDI, WMA (which used to be standard format for Music CDs but has changed). Also with Movies, MP4, MPEG, AVI and so on. They all lose quality by how it is ripped and converted. But no many care just at least we get to hear the song and watch the movie and that is why these corporations are crying. Instead of throwing all this money in this Bill why not help out those that do need help, like people starving in this Country or help build a better education system instead of breaking it down and have people become more criminalization. It is screwed up, because who is really losing jobs over this? What kind of jobs did they held that benefit the world? or what were they doing that would benefit anything? I am one for the Robin rood belief steal from the rich give to the poor. But don't steal to sell, that is where all the problems lie. Just take in what you are watching and listening to any continue fighting to build and better tomorrow. Oh and one more thing if you look at the list of Supporters there is no Gaming Companies, Where is EA. Yes I have seen on the Net they are supporting it but why are they not in the list when it is up to date, something to question about. HMMMM.

boots
Average User

Post#90 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:17 am

well, (ninja) video got busted and it's back online. good job, internet police! (facepalm)

Return to “General Discussion / Feedback”