Protect Ice! Everyone who loves Ice should see this!

Mostly praise goes here. And anything icefilms or scene related that doesn't fit anywhere else. NO REQUESTS. NO TECHNICAL ISSUES. NO ideas or feature requests.

Moderators: Omen, Rasa

Starfox
Relentlessly Obsessed

Re: Protect Ice! Everyone who loves Ice should see this!

Post#31 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:53 am

I have seen it recently its disturbing, but im just tired of this, it like nothing we do can really matter, people don't run the government and haven't for about 100 years. maybe it will change one day, but what ever.

Topic Author
Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#32 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:51 pm

For change to happen you have to want change! Then you have to make the changes.

papawoppo
Average User

Post#33 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:57 pm

Thats crazy... am i wrong or they want to block the sites worldwide? if im right... who the fuck does america think they are fix your own damn country and stop being the damn world police like hell.......

I signed and im sharing it with everyone

last question, how they get it blocked from facebook..

Topic Author
Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#34 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:02 pm

Keyword Blocking.

zampaz
Sex Robot

Post#35 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:39 pm

This just in from Demandprogress:

ONLINE CRIMINALS KILL AMERICAN JOBS
Cyber criminals are lurking on the internet to deceive users with dangerously defective counterfeit goods
and pirated content. Not only does this threaten the health and safety of American consumers it also puts
the 19 millions American jobs that depend on intellectual property at risk and undermines the security of
the online marketplace. The PROTECT IP Act would cut off rogue websites to save jobs, protect consumers,
and strengthen the Internet marketplace.

CONGRESS! Support the PROTECT IP Act today.

Urge congress to Reject the PROTECT IP act:
http://act.demandprogress.org/letter/pi ... c&rd=1&t=1

Also on the front line is your right to privacy.
Congress passed a law absolving Telecoms, many of which are also ISPs such as ATT&T and Verizon from liability in providing customers private phone calls, texts and e-mails to the NSA without a wiretap warrant or
the oversight of a judge.
There are those who desire to control all content you are exposed to or have access to, and to keep an eye on those who may object to unreasonable invasion of privacy.
You will have freedom of speech on the internet as long as it is acceptable speech.
The NSA is reading every e-mail and monitoring every phone call.
It's not about whether or not you are a terrorist, it's about whether you expect a right to privacy.
If we allow the Government the absolute power to monitor our communications and what we
share we become vulnerable to being prosecuted for "Un-American Activities"
What is an Un-American activity? It is any speech, text or thought which is contrary to those who
hold power. Remember the "Red Scare?" It wasn't really about communist infiltration, it was about
crushing trade unions which were bad for big business.

The EFF is fighting to prevent the Government from monitoring your communications without a wiretap warrant.
https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2011/09/l ... ts-against

Cover your ass by protecting your on line privacy.
Be Paranoid -Be Safe

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=35399
-z

zampaz
Sex Robot

Post#36 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:18 pm

What does the illegal wiretapping, internet bills before congress and current actions of ICE have in common?
The Alarming trend is that congress is giving the Executive branch the powers to invade privacy, take down domains,
and effectively censor free speech without due process of law and at the same time preventing citizens from taking
Telecoms and ISPs to court by granting them immunity to prosecution for disclosing personal communications to
the government without a warrant.
If I am developing open source software a competitor can shut down my website without a day in court claiming that
my software infringes on their intellectual property rights, based on the assertion alone, not on any proof and without me having a day in court to defend that my software is unique.
Although Icefilms hosts no content, it may be taken down simply based upon a false claim that it does.

How can we protest? Let's show at least one industry who is the boss. Lets start with a "Holiday Movie Boycott"
I propose that all movie patrons boycott their local theaters in the months of November and December, the biggest release months for the MPAA.
-z

Topic Author
Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#37 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:52 pm

I agree but the Laws written the way they are make the Govt Liable to Lawsuit also. As the constitution cant be circumvented without A National vote and Like that is going to happen. The Big Surprise for the Democrats that are sponsoring this crap is the Republicans are going to Ambush them in November and they are going to be standing there with Hollywood's [email protected] in there mouth... I am with you on the boycott all the way...

zampaz
Sex Robot

Post#38 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:50 pm

In the case of NSA communications dragnets facilitated by the major telecoms, the government does not disclose
the targets or the content they obtain, as it is literally "classified" as national security information.
The Attorney General issues an order to spy on someone rubber-stamped by a "secret" FISA court and the information
cannot be disclosed in a case against the government. Which is why the 9th circuit court of appeals is hearing the EFF case that the government and Telecoms are conducting surveillance on ordinary citizens.
The issue is that let's say my personal communications are being sent to the NSA by my telecom provider, and they are.
The argument is that only people with something to hide would object. Well, I care only in the sense that my privacy
is being violated without due process of law. Without due process of law a government is empowered to throw people in prison without trial or ever seeing a judge. In the case at hand, the Gov't attorney claims that plaintiffs coming before the court to protest rights of privacy violation by their Telecom is classified and that the case cannot be heard in court without
revealing classified information, therefore the case should be dismissed...
So it's like this:
Q: Are you spying on me?
Telecom: That's Classified.
Q: Do you have a warrant?
Q: Me, you are marketing specific material to me. How do you know that I like Soccer, wool blankets from Greece and Swiss chocolate?

Me to Court:
Q: My Telecom read my Christmas list I e-mailed to my mom. They are invading my privacy.
Court to Telecom: Did you read his christmas list?
A: That's classified, ask the Attorney General
Court to AG: Did you read his christmas list?
AG: That's classified. Whether or not a specific individual is under surveillance is classified.
The information obtained is classified and how we determined if that individual is targeted is classified.
Because the matter is classified you must dismiss the case.

Most of us don't have a problem knowing that we don't have any privacy because most of us don't have anything to hide. So give us an opportunity to "opt in."
There is nothing to prevent the manipulation of secret information to take undesirables out of society.
At the moment there is nothing to prevent a Verizon employee from blackmailing you for having an extramarital affair
as evidenced by recording your calls, texts and e-mails. In the past you could have sued Verizon, but not any more.
Due process and the courts are there to protect us from unwarranted secrecy on the part of the Executive branch of the government. If the courts hands are tied by Executive privilege under the guise of National Security what protection do
you have under the law, and what has become of your reasonable right to expect privacy?
-z

Topic Author
Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#39 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:10 am

You don't believe us? Look at this!!!!! This is what they are doing to Ninja Right Now.
http://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/2011/September/11-crm-1158.html

AxAznGuiTony26
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#40 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:06 am

Russtronic wrote:You don't believe us? Look at this!!!!! This is what they are doing to Ninja Right Now.

so if i keep posting on main site they can go after me? how do they know if I'm the one uploading the files when I'm not? just adding links to main site that I got else where.

http://softwaretracker.blogspot.com/201 ... aring.html

Malaysian ISP banning all sharing sites but you can still by pass the banned using proxy.

about ProtectID, I understand motoring online activities but motoring other phone calls? what they trying to do, catch people selling pirated movies? might as well put gps on everyone.

zampaz
Sex Robot

Post#41 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:53 am

Hey Ax;
With regard to the NSA, telecoms and ISPs recording and analyzing the phone calls, emails and web traffic of
all American citizens, the purpose is to protect you from Citizens that may be engaging in un-American activities. These activities include Terrorism,

No one is safe. Please read the tutorial in my sig line about protecting your online privacy.
There are millions of Americans that download questionable content every day.
If a lawyer can threaten you for $150k and settle for 3k, sharing 1k with the MPAA for a single download link that you facilitated where is the most profit for the MPAA?
It's not going to be for online or local movie rentals, theater ticket sales, or DVD sales, it's going to be for prosecuting down-loaders, up-loaders and link sharers in civil court.
So people downloading "copyrighted" material represents a HUGE potential revenue stream,
bigger than any they presently have or have ever had. Possibly trillions of dollars.
Don't you think that the MPAA and congress already know this?
The copyright trolls certainly know this.
The government wins in collecting fines, the Attorneys win in collecting costs and the MPAA will win in collecting judgements.
We all complain about big business running this country and Congress, but the biggest business of all
in this country is the Law Business next to pharmaceuticals.
The MPAA and lawyers are waiting patiently for bills in Congress they've paid for to pass in their favor that legalize the illegal activity they are already pursuing, such as tracking your online activity.
Congress already passed laws to protect Telecoms/ISPs from being sued for sharing all of your private communications with the government (NSA) without a wiretap order being reviewed by a local judge, that's why the EFF is fighting to have this activity declared unconstitutional, which it is!
You don't think that the US government can illegally seize a link sharing server and prosecute the individuals involved, well look at what is happening to the Ninxx folks. And if the admins keep ip logs and are not savvy enough to use https to encrypt every web transaction with the site, then every web transaction with this site can be intercepted and traced.
So, should you cower in fear and run away. Yes. If you are wise and small. But if you feel as I do, that my civil liberties have been gutted by paid-off cowards in Congress, then you will take the steps outlined in the tutorial, and fight back to your last breath by sharing every element of content that you can find on the main site.
We would also encourage this sites owners to embrace the basic principles of web security and implement https encryption to hamper unwarranted interception of web traffic to and from this site and to create a truly secure forum for those wishing to share links to content for the main site. Further we encourage them to create a strong privacy statement which protects those who do contribute, or facilitate the movement of content to the main site.

Change your IP address before you post links to a forum by using a VPN, okay?

-edited for tone and content.
sorry for the rant.
Last edited by zampaz on Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-z

john_johnston
Average User

Post#42 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:47 am

I don't know why anyone here should be worried..

This just means that the individual has to learn a few more "skills" all these laws have ever done or do is made/make it harder for the common individual to function in daily life and or fun:

Examples:

DRM in CP games:

Oblivion when it first came to PC used a version of this and when introduced to the GECK it would crash thhe GECK or would not allow the game to play a Plugin, it had to be an ESM.... It was later removed with a patch.

EA Uses DRM religiously starting with the CD check, later with their network check ( both don't help )
The game then plays without crashing or interrupted once the DRM and any other check is removed manually.

Solution: Consoles ( the specifics are for the imagination )

ISP

Everyone already pays the TV companies ( most at least ) for an ISP like Comcast, so why should someone pay double for TV or a movie. Now why would someone pay 10 to 20 Euro or Dollars or 15 pounds for a movie in a theater ( without food ) when the DVD is the same or less plus the seats the food and the TV are much more effective at home. ( I hate relying on someone who can't function... and yes a lot of "professionals"; meaning for monetary gain, cant function)

The only real issue is the huge gap between CEO and Employee. A lot of the Boards and head managers take more in one month than the entire staff of employees ( 50+, 100+ and some more than 1000+ employees do for an entire year or lifetime... ).

RANT-ish...
I wonder what GENIUS came up with this brilliant monitoring idea...

It does not work in Brittan, Malaysia, Japan, China, North Korea, Germany, Netherlands, Sweden, Italy, France.... So why would this approach work at all?

Why are these bad ideas ...*Cough*....Investors....*Cough*... still pushing this crap; how important is that quarterly statement?

A Smart investor only invests money they could do without...

RISUG
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#44 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:08 pm

The Protect IP Act will make Prohibiton look like an epic success.
Honesty is praised, and starves.

~ Juvenal

AxAznGuiTony26
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#45 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:26 am

Return to “General Discussion / Feedback”