Movie industry strikes deal with ISPs to go after users

Mostly praise goes here. And anything icefilms or scene related that doesn't fit anywhere else. NO REQUESTS. NO TECHNICAL ISSUES. NO ideas or feature requests.

Moderators: Omen, Rasa

Topic Author
dstmars
Average User

Movie industry strikes deal with ISPs to go after users

Post#1 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:36 pm

Nevermore669
Obsessively Addicted

Re: Movie industry strikes deal with ISPs to go after users

Post#2 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:24 am

Shhhh.....

(Hear that?.....)

(That's the sound of our civil liberties going quietly down the toilet....)

(It's happening so that rich white men, mostly in the United States, can hold onto their riches....)

(They've been bankrupting mothers and young people in courts by convincing gullible jurors that they've been stolen from...)

(Now, our own ISPs, and a private corporation, will be spying on us, so they can bankrupt us too, and throw us in jail...)

(I wonder where this will lead....)
Ignorance and callousness are not virtues

A bleeding heart is a symbol of holiness, a symbol of compassion, not an epithet

When our discourse sinks to the level of meaningless, pejorative labels and personal name-calling rather than honest reflection and reasoned dialogue, we are no longer a people, but a mob

otis_driftwood
Oh my Santa!

Post#3 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:36 pm

Nevermore669 wrote:Shhhh.....

(Hear that?.....)

(That's the sound of our civil liberties going quietly down the toilet....)

(It's happening so that rich white men, mostly in the United States, can hold onto their riches....)

(They've been bankrupting mothers and young people in courts by convincing gullible jurors that they've been stolen from...)

(Now, our own ISPs, and a private corporation, will be spying on us, so they can bankrupt us too, and throw us in jail...)

(I wonder where this will lead....)

Very true Nev. They have collectively billions of dollars but they cry foul when people find other means of getting their content. Adapt and survive. I should be able to share content and go about getting content by any means I deem necessary, and not have to worry about a billionaires profits.

zampaz
Sex Robot

Post#4 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:14 am

Hi dstmars, thanks for the post!
Please read the tutorial in my sig line so that you can protect yourself from ISP snoops.
Because your fourth amendment rights won't be honored by your ISP.
Congress passed legislation (FISA) that protects telecoms and ISPs from being sued for
invading your privacy as discussed in this thread:
viewtopic.php?uid=9343&f=20&t=29173&start=0
-z

Return to “General Discussion / Feedback”