Rapisdhare Wait time

Mostly praise goes here. And anything icefilms or scene related that doesn't fit anywhere else. NO REQUESTS. NO TECHNICAL ISSUES. NO ideas or feature requests.

Moderators: Omen, Rasa

Topic Author
M_Carter
Average User

Rapisdhare Wait time

Post#1 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:00 pm

is anybody else getting like a 4 minute countdown on rapidshare before you can watch videos???
it was fine last night...i would understand 30 seconds or whatever but 4 minutes seems redundant

gspat
Oh my Santa!

Re: Rapisdhare Wait time

Post#2 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:04 pm

Probably overloading RS...
Now I've got a link... What the hell do I do with it?

Considering helping us find links? Please read this!

silentx3ro
Average User

Post#3 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:30 pm

That or it could be cumulative with regards to your IP over a certain amount of time, likely to try and encourage people to upgrade to Pro, which don't do just yet as you cant watch on a pro account you need to be logged out (unless you are just downloading in which case go nuts) :)

AxAznGuiTony26
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#4 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:53 pm

silentx3ro wrote:That or it could be cumulative with regards to your IP over a certain amount of time, likely to try and encourage people to upgrade to Pro, which don't do just yet as you cant watch on a pro account you need to be logged out (unless you are just downloading in which case go nuts) :)

that made completely no sense (n) :roll:

woodsmith
Average User

Post#5 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:58 pm

The directions for non pay download does not work. It seems it may be a way for rapid share to get people to pay for the downloads

Way
RedTek

Post#6 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:51 pm

AxAznGuiTony26 wrote:
silentx3ro wrote:That or it could be cumulative with regards to your IP over a certain amount of time, likely to try and encourage people to upgrade to Pro, which don't do just yet as you cant watch on a pro account you need to be logged out (unless you are just downloading in which case go nuts) :)

that made completely no sense (n) :roll:

Yes it did the script doesn't work with a Pro/Premium account just yet there is a update coming after the test phase... But if you have Pro/Premium you can still download direct from RS. It also could be that a lot of the IP addresses are dynamic and are shared with multiple systems. I am static and mine never changes and I still have random wait times so I don't think that is the case here..

The wait times seem to not have a pattern that I can see. Size, frequent, or any other.
It's just odd but it will start after a short wait I have seen upwards of 3+ minutes and as low as none for the same file...but all of them are faster than 2shared...for me..
After the admins see that the script is stable and working and that RS doesn't change things like MU did then they are going to work on the Pro/Premium fix in the next update. They have worked very hard to work out the code for all this to work and need a little break. I am so happy with the new update and file host (2shared didn't work for me) that when I got it installed and working a little bird flew out my butt pulling a banner. :lol:

houst78
meh

Post#7 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:14 pm

All I can say is that I stream everything and for streaming file to share is useless. Rapid share got me excited because it was just as fast as megaupload. File 2share just sits there or takes like an hour to render. Please post rapidshare for us streamers here in Canada. file 2 share sucks. If there is no link for the show I understand however everything you posted under rapid worked awesome so there was a light at the end of the tunnel. I had so many friends leave because of 2Share. But I got them back because I said rapid was the answer please use that instead. or put both up.

vzf7f9
Average User

Post#8 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:53 am

All I got is Awesome and Thank You for RS its so much better than 2Shared OMG what a relief it is to finally get the shows back. Thanks again Guy's.

Vzf7f9

dboyyy
Sex Robot

Post#9 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:59 pm

Some RS links do require a 4 minute wait. Others don't. Who knows why? Not me.

Return to “General Discussion / Feedback”