white box when i go full screen?

This is our Magic Vault, Please only take what you need, to help you on your Quest Enlightenment....

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
1. PUT AS MUCH INFO AS YOU CAN IN THE SUBJECT LINE (for example: Gabriel source 7 plays upside down).

2. PUT PAGE URL & SOURCE# IN MESSAGE BODY WHEN REPORTING LINKS. EXAMPLE

Topic Author
captaincutoffs
no0b

white box when i go full screen?

Post#1 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:27 pm

the vids load fine but as soon as i go to fullscreen, there's a blank white box in the middle of my screen. how do i get rid of this??

skeletor
AbeZ Apostle

Re: white box when i go full screen?

Post#2 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:39 pm

hey there .. try to clear your divx player cache ... if that doesn't work

look here http://forum.icefilms.info/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=10394

fixes most of the possible issues :)

let us know if it worked or not XD .. if it doesn't we'll find the answer
VIS - INSIDIAE - CELERITAS

blacksheept
meh

Post#3 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:35 pm

I am having the exact same problem! I'm using chrome on a mac and I have tried the basic troubleshooting and have cleared my cache. Any help would be appreciated.

Shalmainia
Overachiever

Post#4 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:38 pm

Could either of you please post a screenshot, use mspaint and tinyurl if you wish. Just need to see the box to see exactly what you mean as it appears to be a new issue.
Donate to IceFilms today!

Signature by TMRKD

"Governments of the Industrial World, you weary giants of flesh and steel, I come from Cyberspace, the new home of Mind. On behalf of the future, I ask you of the past to leave us alone. You are not welcome among us. You have no soverignty where we gather." A Declaration of the Independence of Cyberspace, John Perry Barlow

blacksheept
meh

Post#5 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:55 pm

Here are some shots. Also, after going into full screen the white box stays until i refresh or close the tab.
http://i47.tinypic.com/2nv4ciq.png
http://i48.tinypic.com/2bv8zt.png

Shalmainia
Overachiever

Post#6 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:57 pm

That's just weird... and new to me. Try installing an adblocker, if it goes, disable it and see if it comes back, if it does... re-enable the adblocker and keep it up. If it doesn't, come back and let us know. lol

Signature by TMRKD

"Governments of the Industrial World, you weary giants of flesh and steel, I come from Cyberspace, the new home of Mind. On behalf of the future, I ask you of the past to leave us alone. You are not welcome among us. You have no soverignty where we gather." A Declaration of the Independence of Cyberspace, John Perry Barlow

blacksheept
meh

Post#7 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:58 pm

haha. that was actually my first thought and i installed adblock before even coming to ask.

Shalmainia
Overachiever

Post#8 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:06 pm

Signature by TMRKD

Abe
AbeZ Apostle

Post#9 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:25 pm

does the white box appear every time?
this is in interesting problem. we need to start eliminating some variables.

try this:
right click the source link and open it in a new window.

play the vid from there. do you still get the white box?

if that didnt work, try this:
after waiting roughly 45 secs, right click the big play button (the one above the download button) and open that in new window.

do you still get the white box?
"Lets burn this mother down!"

* ALL SUPPORT REQUESTS VIA PM WILL BE IGNORED. INSTEAD, SEARCH THE FORUM, POST, OR START A NEW TOPIC.

blacksheept
meh

Post#10 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:42 pm

Yes, it is every video. I have tried multiple vids and all have the same issue.
didnt work in a new window, then i waited and opened a new window via play button. didnt work.
However, after some experimentation, i have found that the white box shows up wherever i closed the divx update notification. Pics enclosed. as pics show, the white box does not show up until i close the update notification and then go back into full screen again. so obviously this must be a divx/chrome problem. I have tried using firefox with this, but ff ceases to respond everytime i start a video. im not sure what to do. might try safari now?

http://i50.tinypic.com/33nzu5l.png
http://i46.tinypic.com/oh3a4g.png
http://i45.tinypic.com/2n155k6.png

Abe
AbeZ Apostle

Post#11 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:08 pm

quoting from the front page:

If you are repeatedly prompted to update to a newer version, right click on the divx player screen, go to preferences, and change the auto-update option to "once a month".
"Lets burn this mother down!"

* ALL SUPPORT REQUESTS VIA PM WILL BE IGNORED. INSTEAD, SEARCH THE FORUM, POST, OR START A NEW TOPIC.

blacksheept
meh

Post#12 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:20 pm

well thank you. sidesteps the problem quite nicely.

natural
no0b

Post#13 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:31 pm

It seems to be the box which asks you to update divx player. As you select the video to watch it all loads ok but asks if you want to update. After saying no, the box then stays on the screen white which obviously stops you from seeing the video - any advice much appreciated.

Nevermore669
Obsessively Addicted

Post#14 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:41 pm

Hi natural,

Well, without rehashing the rest of this post, it could also be the desktop dimmer. Right-click in the player's screen select preferences, and look for any eye-candy settings (esp. the dimmer), and turn them off.

I am told you can also circumvent the problem by simply moving the video to another workspace. The box apparently stays where it is...
Ignorance and callousness are not virtues

A bleeding heart is a symbol of holiness, a symbol of compassion, not an epithet

When our discourse sinks to the level of meaningless, pejorative labels and personal name-calling rather than honest reflection and reasoned dialogue, we are no longer a people, but a mob

Garfed
no0b

Post#15 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:59 pm

After some testing, I found the white box shows whether I closed the DivX update notification. Picture attached. Such as pictures show the white box does not display until I turn off update notification, and then go into full screen back...

Return to “Old Help Section... For Refrence Only...”