It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:09 am

Forum rules

1. PUT AS MUCH INFO AS YOU CAN IN THE SUBJECT LINE (for example: Gabriel source 7 plays upside down).

2. PUT PAGE URL & SOURCE# IN MESSAGE BODY WHEN REPORTING LINKS. EXAMPLE

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: The following plugin has crashed: Divx web player
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:59 am 
no0b

So I heard about icefilms and wanted to check it out. I've been searching around on these forums for a few hours now trying some of the solutions posted but to no avail. I use Chrome and cannot get divx to work at all (meaning it's worked zero times for me). I've tried installing from the divx link on the main icefilms page. I've tried installing an older version of divx(1.4.2 etc.). I've run through the CCleaner tutorial found in the forums. I've tried the regedit/proxy enable path only to find that my settings were already what they needed to be.

Maybe I'm missing something simple from a big picture standpoint. Does anyone have any other ideas that might help? Thanks!

Post subject: Re: The following plugin has crashed: Divx web player
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:22 pm 
The One

Have you tried following the tutorial on the home page? And Chk your Firewall settings

Post subject: Re: The following plugin has crashed: Divx web player
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:19 pm 
Obsessively Addicted

Hi striker715,

I think it's likely an extension conflict. Also, (you're on a windows machine?) check for any browser-based anti-malware scanners/blockers and disable them if you find them (like zone alarm?).

Go into incognito mode and disable everrything but the bare minimum you need (java, greasemonkey, divx webplayer, windows media player plugin [I'm not sure about this, but think it may be necessary to process the .avi container] - I think that's all...) See if it works.

If it does, re-enable stuff one at a time and test.

A bleeding heart is a symbol of holiness, a symbol of compassion, not an epithet

When our discourse sinks to the level of meaningless, pejorative labels and personal name-calling rather than honest reflection and reasoned dialogue, we are no longer a people, but a mob

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]