Vanishing cursour [FIXED]

This is our Magic Vault, Please only take what you need, to help you on your Quest Enlightenment....

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
1. PUT AS MUCH INFO AS YOU CAN IN THE SUBJECT LINE (for example: Gabriel source 7 plays upside down).

2. PUT PAGE URL & SOURCE# IN MESSAGE BODY WHEN REPORTING LINKS. EXAMPLE

Topic Author
acantho
Heart on for IceFlims

Vanishing cursour [FIXED]

Post#1 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:20 pm

This is very minor but has been anoying me on and off for a while now.

When I stream from Ice and have it full screen, the cursour vanishes (as you would expect) but when I want to stop/pause the show the mini control panel shows up but the cursour is invisible ! If I make the playback normal size the cursour is still not visible. I can still use the functions by randomly moving my finger about the touchpad until it becomes obvious (by contrast change) that the invisible cursour is over a button !

It's really only a problem if I want to pause a stream fo whatever reason e.g. toilet stop, answer the phone etc. Thing is it doesn't happen all the time and I've not been able to dicern any ryhme or reason for it to happen. Things go back to normal when I restart teh browser - obviously if I'm streaming I then need to reload the show !

Using Firefox 4 (it was happening in earlier versions as well) on Windows Vista. Virus software is well up to date, so 100% certain that's not the problem, so I'm really at a loss as to why this happens ?

I can live with this minor problem, as I said it doesn't happen all the time, I'm just curious as to why it happens and why it only happens sometimes, does it happen to anybody else ?

Maybe it's just a "ghost in the machine " :s

Starfox
Relentlessly Obsessed

Re: Vanishing cursour !

Post#2 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:26 pm

going to make long story short here, it happens for some reason. been debated on the forums eles where. so im going with you last idea of ghost

hailie
meh

Post#3 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:36 pm

i'm not sure why, but you can always pause and play videos by pushing the space button on your keyboard so that you wont need to use your mouse

Starfox
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#4 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:44 pm

i believe its something to do with the emeded divx. i know other sites that have the same problem. my suggestion would be to use VLC to stream. find it works better anyway. just an idea

Topic Author
acantho
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#5 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:48 am

Thanks for the replys, I was pretty sure it wasn't just me !

I never realised you could do that Hailie - ill give it a try next time - thanks.

Starfox, I know you know where you're name comes from, but thought you might find this interesting as regards the background of where Nintendo got the name from and influenced the development of the game http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Fox_%28series%29

Wandering way off topic - time to go do something else :)

Bisc
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#6 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:57 am

There's a work around for the disappearing cursor. When in full screen open the control panel with a mouse click, keep it open and move it out of view. As long as the control panel is open the cursor should not disappear.
I used to be a lot like you, now I'm only me. - Boysetsfire

Starfox
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#7 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:36 am

acantho wrote:Starfox, I know you know where you're name comes from, but thought you might find this interesting as regards the background of where Nintendo got the name from and influenced the development of the game http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Fox_%28series%29

lol thanks for the link, but funny enough, if you click the left banner in my signature, takes you to the same site. thanks for the look out though.

Motortracker
no0b

Post#8 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:45 pm

actually i have fixed this problem for myself. if you right click and go to prefresnes and turn of the background dimmer it will fix the vanishing mouse icon problem.

Abe
AbeZ Apostle

Post#9 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:20 pm

Motortracker wrote:actually i have fixed this problem for myself. if you right click and go to prefresnes and turn off the background dimmer it will fix the vanishing mouse icon problem.

I like this fix. I hope it works for everyone.
"Lets burn this mother down!"

* ALL SUPPORT REQUESTS VIA PM WILL BE IGNORED. INSTEAD, SEARCH THE FORUM, POST, OR START A NEW TOPIC.

Nevermore669
Obsessively Addicted

Re: Vanishing cursour [FIXED]

Post#10 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:39 am

I don't know...

I used to think turning off the dimmer was the answer, but someone told me it didn't work for them, so maybe it just lessens the frequency?
Ignorance and callousness are not virtues

A bleeding heart is a symbol of holiness, a symbol of compassion, not an epithet

When our discourse sinks to the level of meaningless, pejorative labels and personal name-calling rather than honest reflection and reasoned dialogue, we are no longer a people, but a mob

Return to “Old Help Section... For Refrence Only...”