Trouble watching "CAM" movies

This is our Magic Vault, Please only take what you need, to help you on your Quest Enlightenment....

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
1. PUT AS MUCH INFO AS YOU CAN IN THE SUBJECT LINE (for example: Gabriel source 7 plays upside down).

2. PUT PAGE URL & SOURCE# IN MESSAGE BODY WHEN REPORTING LINKS. EXAMPLE

Topic Author
bmwbru2
Average User

Trouble watching "CAM" movies

Post#1 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:31 pm

Hey Guys, when im browsing the CAM section in the forums, I frequently come across files that end in ".rar". The link(s) for the movies direct me to Mega, but the it says "This is not a DIVX file". I ried searching the forums but had trouble with the search engine. Every word i typed in was excluded from the search. Are these files still watchable? If so please explain. And please excuse my ignorance. ICE is usually very user friendly and im just trying to learn something new.

P.S.
Is this a problem that can be solved by using the VLC player? I have not installed that and I see a lot of people talk about using it in different situations.Is installing the VLC as easy as it was to install the DIVX player??

As Always, Thanks for taking the time to lend a hand. I do appreciate it.

Nevermore669
Obsessively Addicted

Re: Trouble watching "CAM" movies

Post#2 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:22 pm

Hi bmwbru2,

Those .rar files are just like zip files and need to be downloaded (all pieces - there are usually several) and unpacked. I recommend 7-zip. They can then be played on your desktop with the player of your choice.

You should have vlc installed, if for no other reason than for those times when the divx webplayer doesn't work properly. You can even stream to it on your desktop. It installs like any other windows program. There's a tutorial here.
Ignorance and callousness are not virtues

A bleeding heart is a symbol of holiness, a symbol of compassion, not an epithet

When our discourse sinks to the level of meaningless, pejorative labels and personal name-calling rather than honest reflection and reasoned dialogue, we are no longer a people, but a mob

Topic Author
bmwbru2
Average User

Post#3 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:59 pm

Thank you Nevermore669. Your always a great help. And thanks for taking the time to write the tutorial on the VLC. It was very easy to follow. Thanks again!

Nevermore669
Obsessively Addicted

Post#4 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:19 pm

You bet!
Ignorance and callousness are not virtues

A bleeding heart is a symbol of holiness, a symbol of compassion, not an epithet

When our discourse sinks to the level of meaningless, pejorative labels and personal name-calling rather than honest reflection and reasoned dialogue, we are no longer a people, but a mob

Return to “Old Help Section... For Refrence Only...”