ICE Quick Stream not Working

This is our Magic Vault, Please only take what you need, to help you on your Quest Enlightenment....

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
1. PUT AS MUCH INFO AS YOU CAN IN THE SUBJECT LINE (for example: Gabriel source 7 plays upside down).

2. PUT PAGE URL & SOURCE# IN MESSAGE BODY WHEN REPORTING LINKS. EXAMPLE

Nevermore669
Obsessively Addicted

Re: ICE Quick Stream not Working

Post#16 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:18 am

@treegods

Did you do as I suggested and shut everything off?
Ignorance and callousness are not virtues

A bleeding heart is a symbol of holiness, a symbol of compassion, not an epithet

When our discourse sinks to the level of meaningless, pejorative labels and personal name-calling rather than honest reflection and reasoned dialogue, we are no longer a people, but a mob

Topic Author
treegods
meh

Post#17 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:37 pm

Hi.
I did try disabling everything but that did not work. I have found out since then that it is gresemonkey that is not working on firefox as i can now get it to work on google chrome if i install ICE quickstream every time i start the browser up which is odd in its self.

thanks for the help.

bro339
Overachiever

Post#18 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:43 pm

you do not need greasemonkey on chrome..for firefox, im not sure as i dont use it..chrome FTW!!! :D

Nevermore669
Obsessively Addicted

Post#19 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:49 pm

Yeah, it sounds like something's blocking the installation of addons/extensions. It could be some kind of strange windows permissions thing, or (and I think this is more likely) some bit of anti-malware or firewall software, maybe even a sandbox, that is creating your problem. My advice is to try again to shut everything off that could possibly be blocking the installation and try to install the greasemonkey extension (firefox) and/or the icequickstream (chrome).

Check to make sure your scripts directory is read/write (archive - I think windows calls it?). Access the script (in chrome it's with the addons in the wrench, and in firefox go to tools, addons, user scripts), then right-click in a script box anywhere there isn't anything and select to open the containing file. When the file manager opens, navigate backward one level and check the properties on the folder to make sure it's writable. Do that all the way up the tree if you need to (I'm not sure if that's entirely necessary, but better safe and all that). Definitely check all of the firefox/chrome directory tree, but if it's affecting both browsers, it's likely something more than that.

Perhaps you need administrative privileges to install anything?
Ignorance and callousness are not virtues

A bleeding heart is a symbol of holiness, a symbol of compassion, not an epithet

When our discourse sinks to the level of meaningless, pejorative labels and personal name-calling rather than honest reflection and reasoned dialogue, we are no longer a people, but a mob

Return to “Old Help Section... For Refrence Only...”