SLOW Speeds, Anyone else experiencing?

This is our Magic Vault, Please only take what you need, to help you on your Quest Enlightenment....

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
1. PUT AS MUCH INFO AS YOU CAN IN THE SUBJECT LINE (for example: Gabriel source 7 plays upside down).

2. PUT PAGE URL & SOURCE# IN MESSAGE BODY WHEN REPORTING LINKS. EXAMPLE

Topic Author
marcpell
code of Deez

SLOW Speeds, Anyone else experiencing?

Post#1 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:19 am

Hi All,

I've been noticing lately that some shows will only download at between 150KB/s to 300KB/s while others i will hit 1500KB/s or higher. I have a 25MB/s connection with my ISP. I have a premium account on Megauplaod. I tried it yesterday and 2 of the shows i watched were downloading at 150KB/s or so... then i watched another one and it was booting along at 1500+KB/s

I did some throttle tests yesterday and my speeds from my ISP was good, so i don't think that is the issue. All my ports on my router are open properly, although i've thought about going with a direct connection just to see and maybe do a Factory Default rest on my router?

Anyone else have some inputs? Could it just be the server on the Megaup end that is slow for some sources?

Thanks guys!!
===========
Marc P.

"I move cars motherfu**er!!" -The Goods

Stan
Heart on for IceFlims

Re: SLOW Speeds, Anyone else experiencing?

Post#2 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:52 pm

i think its a server thing nothing much you can do about. I was watching a show yesterday and the download speed was all over the place from 10-900 kb/s.

otis_driftwood
Oh my Santa!

Post#3 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:10 pm

Yeah its likely a MU issue. Try a couple things, clear divx/web browser cache, and if you have a MU account logout and log back in. Might help, maybe not. :)

Starfox
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#4 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:51 pm

Yeah Mega is one crazy site sometimes.

Tabi
Average User

Post#5 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:27 pm

Hii...i am experiencing very slow speed from mega since few days...before this never happened to me i used to download alot from icefilms and it was all fine...but now its too slow and my other downloads are not slow which shows that's it's only a problem with mega site uploads, and icefilms have all their files on mega...is anyone else facing this....this made me very sad and stressed :(

Nevermore669
Obsessively Addicted

Post#6 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:25 am

Hi Tabi,

Are you downloading or are you streaming?

If you are streaming, try downloading, and let me know if you get better speed doing that. (If you load a source page with your greasemoney off, it will expose the megaupload link. Clicking that link will open the megaupload page, where you can download the video for testing.)
Ignorance and callousness are not virtues

A bleeding heart is a symbol of holiness, a symbol of compassion, not an epithet

When our discourse sinks to the level of meaningless, pejorative labels and personal name-calling rather than honest reflection and reasoned dialogue, we are no longer a people, but a mob

Tabi
Average User

Post#7 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:17 am

It's back to normal now, i think maybe something was wrong with mega in the past few days or it was too much traffic, that could be the reason for slow download....i use both streaming and also downloading....both are fine now....thanks for your reply ^^

Nevermore669
Obsessively Addicted

Post#8 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:25 am

Glad to hear it!
Ignorance and callousness are not virtues

A bleeding heart is a symbol of holiness, a symbol of compassion, not an epithet

When our discourse sinks to the level of meaningless, pejorative labels and personal name-calling rather than honest reflection and reasoned dialogue, we are no longer a people, but a mob

Return to “Old Help Section... For Refrence Only...”