Help: Uploading content without an IMDB entry & Video Format

This is our Magic Vault, Please only take what you need, to help you on your Quest Enlightenment....

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
1. PUT AS MUCH INFO AS YOU CAN IN THE SUBJECT LINE (for example: Gabriel source 7 plays upside down).

2. PUT PAGE URL & SOURCE# IN MESSAGE BODY WHEN REPORTING LINKS. EXAMPLE

Topic Author
wolviex
Heart on for IceFlims

Help: Uploading content without an IMDB entry & Video Format

Post#1 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:09 pm

I've been inspired and I want to share!
The first thing that I have that I know isn't already up is a documentary about living with lions. Fantastic stuff. ("Dangerous Companions")

However, I can't find a hit for it on IMDB, and tuts clearly tell me that I MUST have an IMDB link. Does this mean it's not eligible? It's a well known enough documentary that I find lots of other sites referencing it.

Also, it's currently in FLV format, do I need to convert it to avi?

Any help appreciated =)

bro339
Overachiever

Re: Help: Uploading content without an IMDB entry & Video Format

Post#2 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:44 am

when there is not imdb link, the MU link can only be added by admins with 'special' access..therefore, these links will be pretty difficult to find its way to the mainsite..

however, you could post the links in the documentary section in the forums..there are lots of ppl who visits there to get their daily dose of documentaries.. ;)

Nevermore669
Obsessively Addicted

Post#3 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:17 am

Hi wolviex,

Yes, as bro said, it is possible, but you should clearly state that there is no imdb entry and include a link for another official site, like the Nat. Geo. page for this example.

It's a great doc., but if my experience is anything to go by (and please contradict me if I'm wrong), you'll have less than satisfactory results transcoding from flash - especially joining multi-part flash videos. The resultant divx/avi must at least be of better quality than a VHS rip - which are not considered good enough for inclusion on the mainsite - and you'll likely have no end of problems with audio/video synchronization. But it's up to you if you want to try...

You can always just post the links for forum use - there aren't any restrictions as to quality or format.
Ignorance and callousness are not virtues

A bleeding heart is a symbol of holiness, a symbol of compassion, not an epithet

When our discourse sinks to the level of meaningless, pejorative labels and personal name-calling rather than honest reflection and reasoned dialogue, we are no longer a people, but a mob

Topic Author
wolviex
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#4 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:05 pm

Awesome, thanks for the help guys!

Nevermore, I know what you mean, but the quality on this isn't too bad, just a tad low res. The only reason it's FLV is because I ripped it from a flash video site and that was the easiest way to get it done. And it's a single file. I'll convert it to avi and see how it looks.
I'll post it in the doc section as well, and see if the admins look favorably upon it =)

Nevermore669
Obsessively Addicted

Post#5 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:05 pm

That's a good idea. Be sure to note that it needs a quality review for addition to the mainsite.
Ignorance and callousness are not virtues

A bleeding heart is a symbol of holiness, a symbol of compassion, not an epithet

When our discourse sinks to the level of meaningless, pejorative labels and personal name-calling rather than honest reflection and reasoned dialogue, we are no longer a people, but a mob

Topic Author
wolviex
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#6 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:18 pm

You just had to be right, didn't you? :P

After a couple of different methods of converting to divx, I can not accept the quality that I've resulted with. Now the hunt begins to find the video in some quality I can post with pride.

Return to “Old Help Section... For Refrence Only...”