cant view worked once now no more

This is our Magic Vault, Please only take what you need, to help you on your Quest Enlightenment....

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
1. PUT AS MUCH INFO AS YOU CAN IN THE SUBJECT LINE (for example: Gabriel source 7 plays upside down).

2. PUT PAGE URL & SOURCE# IN MESSAGE BODY WHEN REPORTING LINKS. EXAMPLE

Topic Author
valmont
no0b

cant view worked once now no more

Post#1 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:42 am

Cant view movies - goes to source options but when source is selected download shows up but no video plays like what it did when I first installed. Note I also installed the ad blocker script which worked also only for short time. reiinstalled ad blocker and tried and also tried without ad blocker still nothing.I have tried to view various films but to no avail. I reinstalled grease monkey and ice stream script multiple times but cannot get movies to play. reiinstalled divx player v1.5 but did not help. Am on an XP pro system 1 gig ram and running Mcaffee. I believe it is in my system most likely a setting but I dont know where to begin. I have been able to dnld and watch while doing so from vidxden thro movieplex.
Help please - worked once but now cant view anything. also get this --"F:\firefox downloads\tdbd.avi.part could not be saved, because the source file could not be read.

Nevermore669
Obsessively Addicted

Re: cant view worked once now no more

Post#2 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:13 pm

Try turning everything anti-malware off, then testing. I'm dimly remembering (I may be wrong) that mcaffee has a cookie blocking setting that needs to be disabled or at least white-listed (you might check google).
Ignorance and callousness are not virtues

A bleeding heart is a symbol of holiness, a symbol of compassion, not an epithet

When our discourse sinks to the level of meaningless, pejorative labels and personal name-calling rather than honest reflection and reasoned dialogue, we are no longer a people, but a mob

Topic Author
valmont
no0b

Post#3 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:54 am

Tried turning off mcaffee but no change . dont understand any other suggestions?

Way
RedTek

Post#4 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:39 am

I'm running McAfee and ad block + on windows 7 and Vista both with no problems. Not a xp user ever. My guess and that is all it is a guess would be to uninstall everything required for icefilms shutdown restart and reinstall everything and try again. If not then go the VLC route. I'm sure an xp expert will chime in and be able to help you more.

When in doubt start over... way..

Nevermore669
Obsessively Addicted

Post#5 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:32 am

Yeah, follow the instructions in this tutorial. Make sure you remove any codec packs you may have, as well as desktop versions of divx, (you can reinstall them later if you want) and pay particular attention to the registry cleaning part.

Also, whenever anything goes wrong, the first thing you should do is clear your caches and delete all your cookies:

Clear all cookies and browser cache (in Firefox) by selecting the clear recent history function. Be sure all applicable entries are checked (under the details tab), and be sure to select "everything" at the top. Then clear your divx download cache (right-click in player window, select preferences, download cache, and clear it). Restart your browser.

Please interpret the instructions for your browser (if it's not firefox). In chrome it's called clearing "all saved data." Try hitting [ctl,shift,del] then clearing EVERYTHING. The instructions for the divx webplayer are the same.
Ignorance and callousness are not virtues

A bleeding heart is a symbol of holiness, a symbol of compassion, not an epithet

When our discourse sinks to the level of meaningless, pejorative labels and personal name-calling rather than honest reflection and reasoned dialogue, we are no longer a people, but a mob

Return to “Old Help Section... For Refrence Only...”