Error after error

This is our Magic Vault, Please only take what you need, to help you on your Quest Enlightenment....

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
1. PUT AS MUCH INFO AS YOU CAN IN THE SUBJECT LINE (for example: Gabriel source 7 plays upside down).

2. PUT PAGE URL & SOURCE# IN MESSAGE BODY WHEN REPORTING LINKS. EXAMPLE

Topic Author
conner
no0b

Error after error

Post#1 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:25 pm

Having tons of issues loading anything on Ice tonight..... I cant get anything up and running without a database error or a dragon error. Is it just this swiss server being tested?

Thanks

PS you guys/girls rock!!!

Nebaz
meh

Re: Error after error

Post#2 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:06 pm

Wondering the same !

st0n3r
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#3 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:12 pm

yup, the site has become really unstable over the recent months. i understand the amount of work it takes to run the site. however, there is never any notice posted when work / maintenance will be done etc. Today im getting pop-ups and errors that ive never ever heard of. I had a java pop-up that simply said "Icefilms is reporting a problem" or something of that nature. Please do more to keep the users informed to prevent the need of us having to come here to find help. Just a quick post on the mainpage saying yea theres problems, were working on it, or next monday were doing this etc. I do understand that a lot of the issues are something that just happens, but a quick post goes a long way.

btw. absolutely NOTHING is working. When you get the sources to files to finally show up, it does nothing when you click them except act as if its going there but never does anything, wont even time out.

thanks

soujiro
Average User

Post#4 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:33 pm

seem to be getting similar errors... I know it's not right to bitch about getting free stuff, but i hope it gets fixed soon.

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#5 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:34 pm

I just went to movies and did a random came up with The Faculty its loaded took less than a minute and a half. So whats wrong?

soujiro
Average User

Post#6 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:44 pm

webpage not available error, happens in Chrome, Firefox, and Safari.

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#7 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:04 pm

Have you cleared out all the .vds debris yet?

soujiro
Average User

Post#8 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:20 pm

cleaned everything out earlier, but it seems to be running now.

Ava.Jolie
Sex Robot

Post#9 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:59 pm

hello ice users. we are having problems with our host. we weren't given any notice either. admins are working on it. The site is run on a volunteer basis, and it's very taxing on the admins when things aren't working. With a site like this, people are trying to take it down left and right. Please understand that had we known in advance that there would have been a problem, we would have given everyone a heads up. Feel free to use http://vds.icefilms.info to access our most recent database backup. We appreciate your patience!

soujiro
Average User

Post#10 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:58 pm

good luck! ^.^

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#11 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:59 pm

If you do this it will go directly to the backup when Ice goes down.

Russtronic wrote:This Fixes ALL Ice problems for Firefox and Chrome using everything the same way (IQS no mod needed) before the .vds change
There are some bugs but there is nothing wrong with the IQS! It has something to do with the DNS for Icedivx.
Make the changes shown and all will be well have tested all apps and it works.
aizou.iji wrote:
I noticed that the original IP address given earlier this week stopped working tonight.

However, if you look up the address to vds.icefilms.info, you will get 46.252.194.223.

If you are comfortable editing your HOSTS file, you can just add the above IP address and assign it to http://www.icefilms.info. This should address the search and script issues.

Windows : {system drive}\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts
OSX : /etc/hosts

I don't use Linux often, but I believe the hosts file is in the same location as OSX.

If im correct, it should be

# Copyright (c) 1993-1999 Microsoft Corp.
#
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
#
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
# space.
#
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
#
# For example:
#
# 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server
# 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host

127.0.0.1 localhost
46.252.194.223 http://www.icefilms.info

Return to “Old Help Section... For Refrence Only...”