It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:50 am

Forum rules

1. PUT AS MUCH INFO AS YOU CAN IN THE SUBJECT LINE (for example: Gabriel source 7 plays upside down).

2. PUT PAGE URL & SOURCE# IN MESSAGE BODY WHEN REPORTING LINKS. EXAMPLE

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 6   [ 86 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: NO SOUND/AUDIO??? READ THIS!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:37 pm 
AbeZ Apostle

If a video has no sound
Windows users: Install AC3 Filter v1.46 <---this will probably fix your problem!!!
Mac users: try Perian or AC3 Codec

If the audio is in a foreign language, then there could be a second audio track in english.
1. right click on the player screen,
2. select Audio Tracks from the menu,
3. select Audio Track #2.

If there is no english audio or there are no english subs on a foreign movie then the video should not be on Ice Films.Report that in the "Technical Issues" section.

If the audio plays correctly at first, then screws up, goes silent, or gets stuck in a loop
Do not reload the whole page and waste your time as all you have to do to make it work is...

1. right click on the player screen,
2. select Audio Tracks from the menu,
3. and select Off!
4. Then repeat steps 1 & 2 and this time select Audio Track #1.

The audio should now play again fine and save you the hassle of starting it from the beginning.

** FOR ALL OTHER ISSUES **
Install VLC player. VLC never has audio issues.

There are 2 ways to play a video with VLC:

1. you can click the download button, then open the file in VLC after it finishes downloading, or
2. you can stream with the DivX Player, press the stop button (the video will continue to download), right click the player, Preferences..., Download cache tab, Open cache folder button, then open the biggest .part file in VLC.

* ALL SUPPORT REQUESTS VIA PM WILL BE IGNORED. INSTEAD, SEARCH THE FORUM, POST, OR START A NEW TOPIC.

Post subject: Re: k-lite codec pack download
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:41 pm 
Overachiever

I use the Shark007 Vista codec pack, seems to do the trick for everything I need :)
[link removed. this one isn't good enuf either. please use the codecs recommended above]

Signature by TMRKD

"Governments of the Industrial World, you weary giants of flesh and steel, I come from Cyberspace, the new home of Mind. On behalf of the future, I ask you of the past to leave us alone. You are not welcome among us. You have no soverignty where we gather." A Declaration of the Independence of Cyberspace, John Perry Barlow

Post subject: Re: Sound/Audio codec pack download
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:53 pm 
Heart on for IceFlims

Been using ACP for a long time, and it really is the cat's pajamas. Not a single sound issue to date.

Post subject: Re: Sound/Audio codec pack download (AVI Codec Pack +)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:59 am 
Average User

Location: You know that funny feeling you get that somebody's watching you? That's probably me.
I know you guys have chewed my ass about my antivirus before, but I downloaded this pack and scanned it and got this message:

"The scan responded to the following security threats in this compressed file.

Infected file: AVICodecPackPlus21.exe

Threat found:
XviDplg.dll (AVICodecPackPlus21.exe)
Threat name:
TROJ_AGENT.HAAQ
Action Taken:
Successfully quarantined"

I don't care what the hell you say about AVs, but when it tells me that what I just downloaded has a trojan virus, I ain't fuckin' with it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:03 am 
Overachiever

Actually my Norton 360 gave a false positive about the same file, when I rechecked it it didn't detect a problem.

Signature by TMRKD

"Governments of the Industrial World, you weary giants of flesh and steel, I come from Cyberspace, the new home of Mind. On behalf of the future, I ask you of the past to leave us alone. You are not welcome among us. You have no soverignty where we gather." A Declaration of the Independence of Cyberspace, John Perry Barlow

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:00 pm 
Heart on for IceFlims

I'm not getting anywhere when I try the links for "AVI Codec Pack +". Could someone direct me to a simple description of what this will help do--I'm not getting very good sound quality while online. I have to download and then adjust sound quality with the VLC media player before I watch. Is this something this codec pack would help with?

TIA

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:41 pm 
AbeZ Apostle

http://icefilms.info/index.php?option=c ... &Itemid=41

installing codecs will not effect VLC

* ALL SUPPORT REQUESTS VIA PM WILL BE IGNORED. INSTEAD, SEARCH THE FORUM, POST, OR START A NEW TOPIC.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:56 am 
meh

I'm new at this so please bear with me. I have downloaded several movies and am pleased with the results, BUT I have 3 movies that after several successful attempts at downloading I am not getting audio. When multiple sites are available I have tried them all. The movies are Australia, Flowers In The Attic and Knowing. Any help?

OK, I installed VLC and it works but I don't understand why most play through Windows Media Player just fine and some need VLC.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:12 pm 
Heart on for IceFlims

VLC has a shed load more codecs than WMP

Post subject: Potential Trojan Infection: (AVI Codec Pack +)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:55 pm 
code of Deez

Origin of (AVI Codec Pack +) download: http://www.avicodecpack.com/index.php?page=d1

Virus Total Single Scan Result details:
File AVICodecPackPlus21.exe received on 2009.09.11 16:58:29 (UTC)
Positive Scan Result: 11/41 (26.83%)

Scan Detail:
http://www.virustotal.com/analisis/f16a2a4a33f5bf520c2054e343616f2121f4d408794a50ac444ab32805fbeb1c-1252688309

Positive Result Overview
a-squared 4.5.0.24 2009.09.11 Trojan.Generic!IK
BitDefender 7.2 2009.09.11 Adware.Webdir.N
GData 19 2009.09.11 Adware.Webdir.N
Ikarus T3.1.1.72.0 2009.09.11 Trojan.Generic
*NOD32 4417 2009.09.11 probably a variant of Win32/Agent
nProtect 2009.1.8.0 2009.09.11 Trojan/W32.Agent.4914021
Panda 10.0.2.2 2009.09.10 Trj/Agent.MIP
Prevx 3.0 2009.09.11 Medium Risk Malware
Sunbelt 3.2.1858.2 2009.09.11 Trojan.Unclassified.gen
Symantec 1.4.4.12 2009.09.11 Trojan.Dropper
TrendMicro 8.950.0.1094 2009.09.11 TROJ_AGENT.HAAQ

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conducted scan of two independant download instances of this file in hopes of
ruling out infection with false positive.

I was alerted of potential infection via initial local scan with
*NOD32 offering positive trojan potential as follows:

2009-09-10 (after installation of codec pack exe)
-C:\WINDOWS\XviDplg.dll (This manifested in IE8 as a browser plug-in)
probably a variant of Win32/Agent trojan
cleaned by deleting - quarantined

-D:\AVICodecPackPlus21.exe
probably a variant of Win32/Agent trojan
deleted - quarantined

I was alerted of potential infection via 2nd local scan of NEW file download via
*NOD32 offering positive trojan potential as follows:

2009-09-11 (prior to installation of codec pack exe)
-D:\AVICodecPackPlus21.exe
probably a variant of Win32/Agent trojan (deleted - quarantined)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:42 pm 
Heart on for IceFlims

Maybe we should switch to the FSMCodecPack?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:07 pm 
AbeZ Apostle

christonacrutch wrote:
Origin of (AVI Codec Pack +) download: http://www.avicodecpack.com/index.php?page=d1

Scan Detail:
http://www.virustotal.com/analisis/f16a2a4a33f5bf520c2054e343616f2121f4d408794a50ac444ab32805fbeb1c-1252688309

are u just trying to scare everyone or do you have any real proof?

according to your results: 73% of antivirus programs say the AVI Codec Pack is perfectly safe.

And any programs that have claimed it isn't safe haven't specified how. They just say something vague like "Contains characteristics of an identified security risk" or "Malicious Software". It's nonsense. And it's a false positive. If it was real, more antivirus progs would detect it and they would actually care about what malicious thing this file supposedly does. Do viruses often allow u to uninstall them? I don't know what this XviDplg.dll IE browser helper object does. Do you? Does anyone? If you're concerned, you can use a different browser or disable the helper object in IE. Nothing about this sounds dangerous or shady. It all just sounds like a false positive.

This is absolutely the best codec pack I've come across. It's small and simple and error free.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:25 pm 
Overachiever

abemore wrote:
christonacrutch wrote:

Scan Detail:

are u just trying to scare everyone or do you have any real proof?

according to your results: 73% of antivirus programs say the AVI Codec Pack is perfectly safe.

And any programs that have claimed it isn't safe haven't specified how. They just say something vague like "Contains characteristics of an identified security risk" or "Malicious Software". It's nonsense. And it's a false positive. If it was real, more antivirus progs would detect it and they would actually care about what malicious thing this file supposedly does. Do viruses often allow u to uninstall them? I don't know what this XviDplg.dll IE browser helper object does. Do you? Does anyone? If you're concerned, you can use a different browser or disable the helper object in IE. Nothing about this sounds dangerous or shady. It all just sounds like a false positive.

This is absolutely the best codec pack I've come across. It's small and simple and error free.

Hey Abe, I have an idea here, unfortunately I'm too stupid to do any of this idea myself. A few people have had these false positives, including myself and it tends to freak people out. I'm going to take a wild guess and imagine that the coding for this pack is a little dodgy, or at least written in a way that makes AV software freak out. Would you happen to know anyone that could perhaps take this pack and re-write it in a way that doesn't make some people's Anti-virus software go insane? That way you could just link them to the pack on MegaUpload so they don't have to go to any alien/foreign websites to download it and they wont have their AV popping up for it anymore.

Signature by TMRKD

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:49 am 
AbeZ Apostle

the question remains: what is XviDplg.dll?

i dont know. i have google it again and again and i cant find any details. all 11 trojan detections are vague and undetailed. trojan just means "a file that pretends to be something it's not". why would IE need an xvid plugin?

Avicodecpack.com, at first glance, looks professional, minimalistic, and has the "certified by softpedia" badge to make you feel safe. But on closer inspection, the softpedia badge is just an image. The AVI codec pack is not listed on the softpedia site. Also, avicodecpack.com has no obvious monetization to pay for bandwidth and hosting, and there is no info about the author (Streaming Media Technologies) to be found anywhere. There is only a single contact email address. I sent an email.

Given all that, this is still the best codec pack I've come across.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:26 pm 
Out of work journalist

I use WOT (web of Trust) add-on with Firefox..... and I keep gettng the red circle of mistrust from that AVI codec Pack+ website
before I click on anything.

I trust your recommendations abemore, so I wonder how the site got the bad rep.... there were 11 flaggers for malware
and an additional 5-6 for other reasons..

makes on go "hummmm...." I'll wait for a minute till I D/L...

only needed a boost to media player (which I don't really use, but want to keep tuned up)

Thanx

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 6   [ 86 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next